• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clasica San Sebastian

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
But the most important goal, to which every other race pales in comparison, was saved by Luis Leon. There's no doubt anymore he's their best and most valuable rider.
Of course he is at the moment. But you're doing like the rest is bs. Rabo is more than LL Sanchez, last weeks proved that. And Gesink and especially Mollema were very helpful today. Without them he wouldn't have won (that's my educated guess).

Alpe d'Huez said:
Big props to LLS, great win.

I'd rather have my palmeres read a win at SS than ToC or Eneco, to be honest.
It's not about your preferences, it's about sponsor goals.

Congrats to LLS, it was a nice attack, even if he was not so strong on the climbs beforehand.

I'm happy that Gerrans looks to be approaching good form again and Meersmann with this result confirms he is having a good season ( which he already had ).

Henao/ Uran looked very strong.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ll_sanchez_vinokourov_600.jpg

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
who cares about those stagewins. ll sanchez is winning the races that matter to wt teams

That's not the point. The point is that winning 4 stages and 2 WT races in like a week and a half is worthy of being called 'on fire'. 5 out of 6 of these victories weren't from LL Sanchez so it's fair to say 'Rabobank is on fire'. Whether the victories matter wasn't the point at all.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
machado being dropped over the first pass of the jaizkibel and making up some silly excuses at the end of the race is much more likely.

also piti ftw :cool:

p.s. thread stickied

Tiago Machado after San Sebastian

"I was able to stay with the best most of the stage, i didn't have same time as 2nd place because 300 meters from the finish Mr. Joaquim Rodriguez hit me with the rear wheel on my front and broke me a spoke"

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
machado being dropped over the first pass of the jaizkibel and making up some silly excuses at the end of the race is much more likely.

also piti ftw :cool:

p.s. thread stickied

Tiago Machado after San Sebastian

"I was able to stay with the best most of the stage, i didn't have same time as 2nd place because 300 meters from the finish Mr. Joaquim Rodriguez hit me with the rear wheel on my front and broke me a spoke"

TRENDING THREADS