• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classic Racing Pics

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
dlwssonic said:
I wasnt even born yet:eek:

It was a sprint down to the very core. None afterwards knew who won the race. Planckaert i think won be a centimetre or something like that.

Winning this race with a sprint tells you about a very special race indeed. But Bauer took the defeat with style i remember (didn´t questioned the outcome and was very gracile in defeat).

Classic race.

A

Anonymous

Respect
bettiniphoto_0086066_1_full_600.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i hope it doesn't leave permanent marks on his face :(

lots of respect for ten dam

According to the reports, there will likely be (a) scar(s). Nothing broken, but a big cut on his nose that needed to be stitched.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
GroupDK said:
2007 on 16 stage finish Col d'Aubisque where rasmussen won and had 3.10 minutes to contador on 2 place,
and a awesome race and stage with endless attacks and contador finally was dropped..

aubisquedarabobanktrakh.jpg

Come to think of it, actually Contador would have won that Tour if Rasmussen wasn't allowed in that break at Tignes(where Contador even had a flat tire and lost time to Cuddles). And he also had a flat tire at Briancon or he would have taken time on Rasmussen.

Beautiful photo though, especially in combination with the Flemish flag.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Come to think of it, actually Contador would have won that Tour if Rasmussen wasn't allowed in that break at Tignes(where Contador even had a flat tire and lost time to Cuddles). And he also had a flat tire at Briancon or he would have taken time on Rasmussen.

Beautiful photo though, especially in combination with the Flemish flag.

I was at the bottom of the Aubsique that day on some dude's TV in his caravan and after Chicken won, some English guy turned at me with a smile and said he put 50 quid on Rasmussen to win the Tour (before the race began) and at the time he stood to make a nice tidy sum of money. I don't think he was smiling the next day.

Expect Parrulo to post a 'Cool story bro' meme in 5..4..3. ****.

craig1985 said:
I was at the bottom of the Aubsique that day on some dude's TV in his caravan and after Chicken won, some English guy turned at me with a smile and said he put 50 quid on Rasmussen to win the Tour (before the race began) and at the time he stood to make a nice tidy sum of money. I don't think he was smiling the next day.

Expect Parrulo to post a 'Cool story bro' meme in 5..4..3. ****.

*delivers something slightly different*

riveting-tale-chap.jpg

nice story tho. i can't imagine how disappointed that poor guy was

May 6, 2009
Visit site
223139_10150731161845062_892240061_19553024_6779012_n.jpg

From a race today (ave. speed approx 42km/h). I was standing on a hill with my 300mm lense on my camera, and it was the sprint on the last lap. The strange thing was that a four man break had stayed away (nearly lapped the bunch), and another 3 man break was ahead (I had no idea why they attacked, they had zero chance of bridging up to the leading break), and one guy went off road as he was forced off by some crazy idiots in the sprint.

TRENDING THREADS