Clean Colombians? (Arkea investigation page 27)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
Ripper said:
Alz I gotz to say is

Betancur ... riiiiiight. Suuuuuuuuuure. No problemo.

Oh ya, and I'm overweight still (supposedly fat weight), but I am winning uphill sprints.

No worries ... who cares who my coach is. :rolleyes:

At least Quintana has been a phenom since the day he threw his leg over the bike.
so has betancurt :rolleyes:
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
no. I know 100% quintana is clean. anyone that knows saldarriaga even slightly and knows his opinion about quintana and doping I suppose would think the same. also quintana's own opinion about doping is strong but he's not anglophone type attention ***** constantly shouting he's clean(garmin) which only adds to his believability to me. betancurt is very close in talent to quintana. maybe even on par. they are different type of riders. but betancurt was always incredible rider. I see nothing suspicious in him.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
no. I know 100% quintana is clean. anyone that knows saldarriaga even slightly and knows his opinion about quintana and doping I suppose would think the same. also quintana's own opinion about doping is strong but he's not anglophone type attention ***** constantly shouting he's clean(garmin) which only adds to his believability to me. betancurt is very close in talent to quintana. maybe even on par. they are different type of riders. but betancurt was always incredible rider. I see nothing suspicious in him.
Unless you are Quintana, I can not understand how you could know 100%. But good for you. Especially if you in fact are Quintana.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
Samson777 said:
Unless you are Quintana, I can not understand how you could know 100%. But good for you. Especially if you in fact are Quintana.
let's just say I know 100% until he went to movistar. but since then he hasn't been doing anything suspicious. when he won final mountain itt in avenir he already put almost 7 watt in for that mountain.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
also quintana's own opinion about doping is strong but he's not anglophone type attention ***** constantly shouting he's clean
Lol I often think the same about some anglophones riders and wonder why the other young talents(spanish, italian, colombian...) don't come up with bul*** about how they hate doping from time to time :D I also prefer that they keep shut and ride clean as default instead of claming they're cleans basically implying that the others are not.
 
Apart from Quintana being a natural talent from day one and having the perfect build and riding style for a good climber he's also just a climber, and his good results come pretty much exclusively because of his unique capabilities in the mountains. He can time trial fairly well, especially on courses with hills, but on the flat he consistently gets dusted by the TT specialists, unlike a couple of other guys.

Not saying I'm 100% sure Quintana is clean, but there's a bunch of riders out there I suspect more than him, despite him being so dominant in the mountains. His story up until this point makes it seem probable that he could be one of those once-in-a-generation climbing talents. I can't say the same about a lot of the other riders who show up at the top of the GCs in the big stage races.
 
Dec 27, 2010
6,674
0
0
I may be completely wrong but I have more faith in Quintana being a once in a generation talent than say, Froome. Of course Nairo's buddying up with Valverde who's helping him to be "professional" isn't exactly comforting in that respect.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
will10 said:
I may be completely wrong but I have more faith in Quintana being a once in a generation talent than say, Froome. Of course Nairo's buddying up with Valverde who's helping him to be "professional" isn't exactly comforting in that respect.
Valverde is the Spanish version of David Millar, so don't worry about Quintana he wont go down the dark path.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Quintana comes from a poor background and has a chance to make a few quid in Europe racing, he will take and do what he has to in order to make as much as he can.
 
trevim said:
Lol I often think the same about some anglophones riders and wonder why the other young talents(spanish, italian, colombian...) don't come up with bul*** about how they hate doping from time to time :D I also prefer that they keep shut and ride clean as default instead of claming they're cleans basically implying that the others are not.
Froome said the reason he can win is because cycling is much cleaner, which means that he is not impying that others are not, and he is an anglophone
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
del1962 said:
Froome said the reason he can win is because cycling is much cleaner, which means that he is not impying that others are not, and he is an anglophone
I thought Froome was African?:D
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
1
0
Saint Unix said:
Apart from Quintana being a natural talent from day one and having the perfect build and riding style for a good climber he's also just a climber, and his good results come pretty much exclusively because of his unique capabilities in the mountains. He can time trial fairly well, especially on courses with hills, but on the flat he consistently gets dusted by the TT specialists, unlike a couple of other guys.

Not saying I'm 100% sure Quintana is clean, but there's a bunch of riders out there I suspect more than him, despite him being so dominant in the mountains. His story up until this point makes it seem probable that he could be one of those once-in-a-generation climbing talents. I can't say the same about a lot of the other riders who show up at the top of the GCs in the big stage races.
Agree with this. While I can't be sure Quintana is clean, of all the top riders I'm far more inclined to have some faith in him being clean. Simply for the reason that there really isn't much (or anything?) in his performances that is wildly outside the realm of possibility for him.

His progression has been normal, he didn't appear out of nowhere, his strengths fit his body type (that of a climber), doesn't crush TT's or sprints or cobbles, he look pretty normal in his riding style, doesn't pull off out of this world performances, etc.
 
May 31, 2013
139
0
0
"When I was young, I always wanted to watch it, inspired by [Lance] Armstrong and [Santiago] Botero." Wonder how badly Wiggins would get crucified if he said this not Betancur
 
Grupetto1 said:
"When I was young, I always wanted to watch it, inspired by [Lance] Armstrong and [Santiago] Botero." Wonder how badly Wiggins would get crucified if he said this not Betancur
Betancur still doesn't have the standing that Wiggins does. This Paris-Nice is the biggest win in his career. Bigger players attract more attention, in cycling as in every other venue of life.

But hey, keep bringing up Sky in non-Sky threads and then complain when people talk about Sky.

PS: no need to wonder about it, anyway, since Wiggins has already said pretty much the same thing.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY