• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CN reader poll: let your voice be heard!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
dauphinelibere09

63rd Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré - UPT, France, June 7-14, 2009
Stage 5 - June 11: Valence - Le Mont Ventoux, 154km

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
nitropowered said:
bettiniphoto_0041601_1_full_600.jpg

Roberto Bettini, Tour de France Stage 17

Or another picture in that sequence

This one gets my vote.

Awesome: excuberance, exhaustion and composure all in one shot.

Or maybe it's because it shows that the Schlecks have even punier upper bodies than I do.

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Passo Rolle in the snow

The peloton ascends Passo Rolle.

The peloton ascends Passo Rolle.

Photo: © Roberto Bettini

It's my favourite photo, taken by the stage of Giro d'Italia from San Martino to Alpe di Siusi. And i suggest a photo from Eroica, in March in Italy.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I nominate this one. Not because Tyler Farrar won, but because of how many top shelf sprinters are there. Stage 3, 44th Tirreno-Adriatico: Sirotti

PIC10818328.jpg

[my edit]
1 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin-Slipstream 3.53.48 (42.6 km/h)
2 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Columbia-Highroad
3 Enrico Rossi (Ita) Ceramica Flaminia-Bossini Docce
4 Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step
5 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Katusha
6 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Saxo Bank
7 Robert Hunter (RSA) Barloworld
8 Luca Paolini (Ita) Acqua & Sapone-Caffè Mokambo
9 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Cervélo TestTeam
10 Borut Bozic (Slo) Vacansoleil
11 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Française des Jeux
12 Angelo Furlan (Ita) Lampre-NGC
13 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) LPR Brakes-Farnese Vini
14 Gerald Ciolek (Ger) Milram
15 Koldo Fernández (Spa) Euskaltel-Euskadi

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I love this one:
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/phot...dex.php?id=/photos/2009/apr09/lbl09/PIC23957S
Andy Schleck (Saxo Bank) with his trophy after winning Liège-Bastogne-Liège
Photo ©: Sirotti
It is such a cool photo, most of the podium photos are boring but this one is very cool. You know there are some photos you just remember and this is the first one that popped on my mind then I red about the competition and I just had to post it :)

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Mr. Peat

I know the site has a bit of a road bias but...
Steve Peat getting the bath at worlds, this isn't the best pic of this I have seen of this moment, but this is the cycling moment of the year. Finally the stripes for the DH rider with the most career world cup victories.
_dsc8177_600.jpg

For scenery, I'll say that Passo Rolle shot gets it. For grandeur of the sport, I'll go with the Saint Roche and the crowd. For drama, I like that Haussler photo on page 1.

But if we're allowed to be bold, and pictures tell a thousand words, I think this photo tells the story of the entire season:

15s7ngl.jpg