• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

College Level Cycling Tours

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys and gals

I am new to biking and I was wondering if there are any established companies that offer to college level students 5-6 week long bike trips??

Thanks for your help.

When I was 13 a friend and I did a two week self-supported tour. We rode anywhere from 100-120km a day with 30 or 40 lbs of stuff on our bikes. The whole trip cost us peanuts and my folks just made me call home every day.

Being a college student, why don't you tune in to your sense of adventure and organize something for yourself? You don't need a company to tour, that's the beauty of cycling. Really it just requires you and a bike!

Seriously, you can find a partner to do this with all sorts of ways...and then you can buy the equipment with the 2 or 3 grand you'll save by doing it yourself.

Latest posts