• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador Stage Antics

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
This video is too good to be true:
http://mylanternrouge.blogspot.com/2009/10/yes-i-may-be-douche.html

Maybe Contador really is a d-bag.

And is his likeness to Bert of 'Bert and Ernie' why they give him the nickname?

albertocontador_bert.jpg

mylanternrouge said:
This video is too good to be true:
http://mylanternrouge.blogspot.com/2009/10/yes-i-may-be-douche.html

Maybe Contador really is a d-bag.

And is his likeness to Bert of 'Bert and Ernie' why they give him the nickname?

albertocontador_bert.jpg

He's a d-bag because the photographers called him back for another picture? If anybody is a d-bag, it's you for suggesting that crap.

For anyone THINKING about clicking on the link, it's a short video clip of Andy Schleck and AC walking off stage at the TdF presentation. About half across the stage AC stops and goes back to the poster with the 2010 route to pose for more pictures. Apparently being compliant with photographers wishes makes you a d-bag in some quarters of the world.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Looks to me like he steered (look at the hand) shlecklet away from the photo opp and then squirreled right back to the picture frame.

Now, what did Andy ever do to him?

scribe said:
Looks to me like he steered (look at the hand) shlecklet away from the photo opp and then squirreled right back to the picture frame.

Now, what did Andy ever do to him?

Yes, it's called being polite, as in "after you" . . . you kids must have ridden the short yellow bus back in the day. Loosen your chin straps a bit... :rolleyes:

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess to some people it's impossible to comprehend that two people that are each others worst rivals on the bike can still act polite to each other when off the bike. They might even respect each other as human beings!

Oh boy, this one's gonna get good in a few hours when the Contador fans wake up. Right now it's just the Lance fanboys shooting off their mouths about something that didn't look like that big a deal either way, and while I dislike Contador a lot less than Lance on the weight of what they have done, I guess I don't really have a dog in this fight. So you guys go ahead and throw a few more logs on the fire while they are sleeping in Spain. Morning's not a good time for fireworks, but I'll check back to see how it's going.:D

A

Anonymous

This is all about some blog dude trying to get his numbers up so he can sit on his a$$ in his house and scratch out a meager living instead of actually working. I think the D-Bag is the OP.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
yes, we are related to the balloon boy.

and remember the statement was -- "MAYBE Contador..."

We found a humorously edited video clip and thought it may be funny to other folks.

A

Anonymous

mylanternrouge said:
yes, we are related to the balloon boy.

and remember the statement was -- "MAYBE Contador..."

We found a humorously edited video clip and thought it may be funny to other folks.

It isn't..

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Wow, along with Welshworld I've now got another blog to ignore for ever.

Please don't try to compare yourselves to BSNYC/RTMS, he's funny, consistent and informative, your blog is a bit of dog's breakfast.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My favorite part of the video is how Schleck showed up in some jeans and no tie for the big event, then looked a little stoned and lost during the whole thing.

The guy is a riot.

I, too, hope he steals the thunder from the big LA vs AC rivalry and cruises into Paris in yellow.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow, the 2010 Tour presentation has really brought out the closet psychiatrists. From debating Alberto's motives for posing for a picture, a rather strange thing to do in a room full of professional photographers by the way, to analyzing his handshake with Lance Armstrong, (you can tell by his grip and the bend of his elbow that he has a clear advantage in this year's mind games) we are really seeing some cyclo-Freudians emerging in this forum. This is a waste of time, I'm off to redtube. G'night.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
He's a d-bag because the photographers called him back for another picture? If anybody is a d-bag, it's you for suggesting that crap.

For anyone THINKING about clicking on the link, it's a short video clip of Andy Schleck and AC walking off stage at the TdF presentation. About half across the stage AC stops and goes back to the poster with the 2010 route to pose for more pictures. Apparently being compliant with photographers wishes makes you a d-bag in some quarters of the world.

and they say i'm the only defensive, biased poster.:eek:

TRENDING THREADS