• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador the new Basso?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
They being the fanboys.
All are doped bar one, so forget the list as far as they are concerned.

Not even the tiniest shred of circumstantial evidence.
Just a lot of sour grapes garnished with a heap of wishful thinking.

and if he were in the top 10, he'd get the same speculative comments...

And ofcourse the omnipotent Mellow Velo know everything about nothing! Keep it up smart@ss

And Lance is doing great! Maybe thats your sour grapes;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
vrusimov said:
...when h### freezes over he'll go to radio shack...Bruyneel already stated that Contador and Armstrong are incompatible...it's Bruyneel with Armstrong as leader...

even as a Lance supporter, thats a horrible idea! The podium is enough! He proved his point! He's still one of the strongest at the age of 38 and after 3 years absence and a broken collarbone, but there has ben a change of guard and some future greats are now better than him! END OF STORY!

A

Anonymous

Altimax said:
Hey guys, I don't want to find that Contador has been doping and I really hope he isn't. As for Frank and Andy, yes they are going well in the hills but are also riding the TT like you would expect.

If you look at all the rescent problems in the tour, when things seemed to good to be true, it turned out they were.

It's any ones guess as to who will top the Dopium this year, but they do have to share the smarties with all the other losers as well. If we see all three tap dancing simultaneously on the top step we'll know we know.On with the show.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
jpowell said:
Is Wiggins the true leader of the tour? Armstrong, Contador, Kloden and the Schlecks have suspicious pasts.

I know Frank was associated with Fuentes, but I am not aware that there have ever been any doping suspicions around Andy. Am I unaware of something?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:
I know Frank was associated with Fuentes, but I am not aware that there have ever been any doping suspicions around Andy. Am I unaware of something?

Yeah there was talk about him during his VC Roubaix days and his candy habit.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
IndyJoe said:
Guys that size just don't have the motor to go so fast as the big TT guys. It's physics. Something isn't right with AC.

You'd better look at VAM of about 1900m/h in Verbier that was made by top riders...

LargusMeans said:
How is it that you can give LA a free pass, who during his time was the BEST CLIMBER in the tour and the BEST TT as well? But no, thats not possible for anyone else to do that? And its the 19th day of racing? :rolleyes:

Nobody, in the history of the sport, with AC's physiological conditions has been able to generate those kind of watts in a time trial before. The sheer incredible and novelty aspects of his feat, in this day and age, automatically start raising the red flags.

Armstrong became the best climber during his day due to EPO doping and intensive training, his performances in the time trials were also due to this, though, at the physiological level, it was much easier to expect that from him, than what we are presently seeing from AC.

That Lance doped/s and AC too, is to me beyond a doubt. And that goes for all the main competitors at the top of the Tour GC. In this sense, however, I don't attribute AC's ride yesterday to doping but to his incredible genetics. If nobody doped, everybody would have just gone a bit slower, but the result would have probably been the same. What we are getting with AC today thus, is the demonstration of a phenom the likes of which the sport has perhaps never before seen.

His past as an amatuer in Spain, when he was already being compared to Pantani on the climbs, together with his rapid ascention to the world's best rider before his 27th birhtday, to me has indicated (doping aside) that his pedigree is exceptional, even if his performance yesterday was unedited.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
rsd10023 said:
Wouldn't that be ironic if Contador, both Schlecks are tested positive, and LA wins the Tour de France because he is strongest and cleanest of them all?

How does that make him cleaner, stronger? His teammate is a doper from a team that has a history of dopers with Armstrong being suspected of doping himself?

Regarding LeMond obeservations. He himself was measured VO2 max of 92 ml/mn/kg while claming that Contador should have 99.5 ml/mn/kg VO2 max to be able to climb Verbiere the way he did. Than he concludes that it has never been measured. Basically, that has never been measured so Contador must be doping. Well, it actually has been measured, Bjørn Dæhlie was tested at 96 ml/mn/kg in the offseason. They estimated his VO2 max at over 100 in his peak form. Not defending Contador, just laying the facts.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
it's a matter of time before they bust Contador... the guy is big time on dope

I bet if it was Lance you would sing that tune. Why was he not accused of doping in the first TT and in the mountains. Contador Smoked them because the law of the freshest apply. No one has come close to putting him under pressure in this tour.

Why don't we all just agree that we are all so smart that we KNOW how all the riders " prepare" for an event like this. From there we can either sit back and enjoy the spectacle, secure in our own smug knowledge or attempt to find a different sport to follow that is not tainted by this sort of thing. Something like ..........oh, I don't know, maybe Ultimate Cage Fighting. I myself would like to watch the BroDeal VS. Amsterhammer match.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Why don't we all just agree that we are all so smart that we KNOW how all the riders " prepare" for an event like this. From there we can either sit back and enjoy the spectacle, secure in our own smug knowledge or attempt to find a different sport to follow that is not tainted by this sort of thing. Something like ..........oh, I don't know, maybe Ultimate Cage Fighting. I myself would like to watch the BroDeal VS. Amsterhammer match.

Stop hiding behind a name you big arts **8*.

TRENDING THREADS