• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Contador's head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face. It seems to have changed (got longer more horse-like) over the years.

What the hell has happened to his eyes/brow?

bettiniphoto_0079647_1_full_600.jpg

armstrong-seen-here-alongside-his-astana-teammate-alberto-contador-of-spain-contador-won-the-event-in-2007.jpg

6443.alberto_5F00_contador.jpg

f12ae0af0b.jpg

HGH?

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, I work with photography and can tell you that some lenses can cause odd effects due to their own inerent distortions. This holds true to this kind of close quarters face pictures, where the papparazi generally deploy ultra wide angles lenses. Just my 2 cents.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Alberto's head has grown a lot.
Almost 2 stories high.
Those 3rd story fans could probably jump and land safely on his noggin.
Yikes
Godzilla Bang Bang.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face. It seems to have changed (got longer more horse-like) over the years.

What the hell has happened to his eyes/brow?

bettiniphoto_0079647_1_full_600.jpg

armstrong-seen-here-alongside-his-astana-teammate-alberto-contador-of-spain-contador-won-the-event-in-2007.jpg

6443.alberto_5F00_contador.jpg

f12ae0af0b.jpg

HGH?

I am really surprised you have not been called a troll yet........ Contradope is a real fraud he tries to defraud feelings over his brain aneurysm to garner some sympathy for his actual doping. It is an obvious ruse he has learned from the LA camp.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
I am really surprised you have not been called a troll yet........ Contradope is a real fraud he tries to defraud feelings over his brain aneurysm to garner some sympathy for his actual doping. It is an obvious ruse he has learned from the LA camp.

how dare you question poor alberto? don't you know lance was mean to him? :eek:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
how dare you question poor alberto? don't you know lance was mean to him? :eek:

Sure he was mean to him. Hell even I do not like that bang bang pencil **** Gehy looking a$$clown. He takes advantage of poor cycling fans sympathetic feelings about his aneurism. What type of person would play on that? He learned well from his former "teammate".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
No one ever criticized Vaughters when he came out with his voxpop on hgh, talking about "peoples heads growing" and making him shy from it, and reticent about his charges pursuing that.

Contadors head is growing, his teeth are compacting and skewing, and his brow ridge is growing. Eyebrows are going off the chart too.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.

Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.

hrotha said:
The problem is this is very unscientific. Even if you get perfect mug shots, there's not much we can discuss.

I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?

Glenn_Wilson said:
Your opinion and my opinion vary greatly. Not much we can discuss as long as your blinded by the Bang Bang Fanboy-ism.
Hahaha, what? Me, a Contador fanboy? Dream on.
Mrs John Murphy said:
I don't think I claimed it as scientific but it struck me how his head has changed so rapidly. Someone mention Sastre's face as well and Cuddles is looking more and more like Keith Richards every day.

Now brow and chin growth are supposed to be symptoms of HGH use. Now, it might be that I am imagining that Dertie's head is growing/morphing - I thought it when I saw him interviewed rather than from stills.

So really it's two questions - has his head grown/changed? And if it has is this a visible sign of him being an HGH user - is his type of head-growth the same type you expect from an HGH user?

We know he's working with Marti so the question is what has Marti got him on - HGH? Clen?
I'm pretty sure Contador uses HGH. I think he's a doper, and HGH is apparently one of the cornerstones of modern doping, so unless he's also allergic to it or something weird like that he probably uses it. I also think bone structure and growth could theoretically be studied in a scientific manner, allowing us to conclude if there's any abnormalities. But it's simply not something we have the tools to do in a forum, just by looking at pictures and footage. We have no way to know how much of that change is simply a product of ageing (Evans, for example, already had a massive jaw as a kid). That's what I mean when I say there's not much to discuss. It's a scientific issue. True, other scientific issues (like those related to blood values) are discussed here, but we have more data to go by. This, however, is mostly baseless speculation.

scribe said:
His head is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) this guy is doped to the gills.

I have to disagree, the fact that he is winning almost every GT he enters, and riding known dopers off his wheel is the clearest evidence (aside from the positive control) that he is doping. And I don't understand this whole "doped to the gills" crap. Do we really believe that any of the top guys are not availing themselves of the best programs that they can afford?

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Is it me or has something odd happened to Contador's head and face.

Very contrasting lighting in those shots, to me it just looks like he's got older and his face is leaner. Your body fat percentage can also change your looks dramatically, a rider is going to look different in March to the end of July. A change from 10% to 5% is going to make anyones bones stick out.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You can't compare those photos

Look who's next to him in some of those photos.

He was to worried about getting a ride back to the hotel in that podium photo. He could see LA and Brunyeel driving away from his view on the the podium.

In the Astana shot I think he was wondering why his bike was having 105 installed.

Now he's happy, happy with Riis.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I think the top photo is too distorted due to the wide angle lens, but I agree with Tofino that the wee bald guy peeking over his right shoulder is the best evidence of doping! Seriously, those photos do look a little beyond the normal aging process but Hrotha is right that we can't read too much into a photo. Cue the Lulu chin shots!

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
Very contrasting lighting in those shots, to me it just looks like he's got older and his face is leaner. Your body fat percentage can also change your looks dramatically, a rider is going to look different in March to the end of July. A change from 10% to 5% is going to make anyones bones stick out.

yeah true that thanks for you reality based post refreshing around here. anyways yeah hes doped old news. as for the picks looked at all i suggest others do as well no blatant changes to facial structure sorry. just angle shading and a leaner cyclist simple.:rolleyes:

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
First of all it's not entirely clear what the benefits would be for an athlete of ACs performance characteristics would be to take growth hormone (or clenbuterol for that matter).

Then there's the highly questionable idea that you would see any visible difference. Craniofacial structural changes can't possibly be judged by photography for the simple reason that soft tissue can change for all sorts of physiological reasons. I am not convinced that even in patients taking long term GH therapy that brow ridge growth is a feature. Generally it is the jaw and posterior base of the skull which grow. But all this information is from patients with GH deficiency.

Basically speculating on possible doping with GH on the basis of photos may be a bit of fun but that is as far as it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS