• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Coolest Names in the Peloton*

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have been thinking of "What we actually call teams in our heads" as a thread, as I am sure most of us don't use the full names of many teams.

Exactly. For example; I'm not confused by Soudal (the company) switching allegiance. Because the teams in question are "Lotto" and "Quickstep".

And when I say I'm not confused, I mean I'm not confused until I have to use full name of a team, at which point I become very confused.

And this is a pretty cool name too. Especially for a cross rider, who sometimes rides in fields.

Leonie Bentveld (procyclingstats.com)

Last edited:
Exactly. For example; I'm not confused by Soudal (the company) switching allegiance. Because the teams in question are "Lotto" and "Quickstep".

And when I say I'm not confused, I mean I'm not confused until I have to use full name of a team, at which point I become very confused.

And this is a pretty cool name too. Especially for a cross rider, who sometimes rides in fields.

Leonie Bentveld (procyclingstats.com)
Leonie are field!

Reactions: RedheadDane
Help, the link to the winner of a 1.2 race in Morocco today doesn‘t work

Here's the top-3 of said race:

And here is a link the the results:

Grand Prix Al Massira 2022 One day race results (procyclingstats.com)

I know it's unlikely, but I hope he has at least some prominence in the coming years! I am so immature.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I suspect this guy quite often makes the brutto troup in races.

Oh, yes, the incredibly famous English expression "brutto troup".

I haven't heard of one situation where he did that...

Sometimes we focus too much on individual cool names and ignore how cool a race result can be collectively:
result.png

TRENDING THREADS