• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coppa Bernocchi Oct 7/Tre Valli Varesine Oct 8/Gran Piemonte Oct 10

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
According to the race organizers the manholes/sewer system could no longer swallow the water on that descent after torrential rainfalls. In some Northern Italian regions they already expect floods during the night, this time it is clearly extreme weather and not just a few pampered millionaires not wanting to ride in the cold (see the Giro).

Clearly all Australians but Hindley need to be banned from riding the Giro, maybe even from racing in Italy in general.
Everyone who crashes more than once a year.

GZX27KYXYAAroiJ

According to the race organizers the manholes/sewer system could no longer swallow the water on that descent after torrential rainfalls. In some Northern Italian regions they already expect floods during the night, this time it is clearly extreme weather and not just a few pampered millionaires not wanting to ride in the cold (see the Giro).

Clearly all Australians but Hindley need to be banned from riding the Giro, maybe even from racing in Italy in general.
What did we do this time lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Am here in Varese for this (obviously disappointed) and this was Yorkshire Worlds levels of rain for 24 hours now. But they didn't have the dangerous descents, dodgy Italian roads/drainage systems. I've loved everything else about the town.
Unfortunately the town itself is getting worse and worse, but it's still got nice surroundings. There is a nice climb to Sacro Monte that always deserves a hiking/cycling trip.

I'll post a map and the solid start list for today's Gran Piemonte here in honor and the continuation of Italian Week, don't think it needs its own thread. Today is one last warm-up for those who will be racing Il Lombardia against Pog on Saturday! (Uh-oh)

Kaden Groves appears to be the heavy favorite, but because I want to be different and I'm stupid I'll go with Pinarello for the win! (Or Fred Wright) :D

Last edited:
And they're off in the Piemonte race - I won't have stream coverage for a while (at least I hope I'll have some coverage), so I'm just following the race on PCS for now.

For those of you who also don't have any visuals yet here are a couple more maps in the meanwhile.

Valdengo - Borgomanero (182km):

Last edited:
Reactions: xo 1
I'll post a map and the solid start list for today's Gran Piemonte here in honor and the continuation of Italian Week, don't think it needs its own thread. Today is one last warm-up for those who will be racing Il Lombardia against Pog on Saturday! (Uh-oh)

Kaden Groves appears to be the heavy favorite, but because I want to be different and I'm stupid I'll go with Pinarello for the win! (Or Fred Wright) :D
And thread name changed in recognition of that.