• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 300 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
  1. Boosters will be out before they leave.
  2. They are leaving because they feel sidelined from decision making.
  3. Based on 1 and 2, I don't see how the headline matches reality.
I agree with all three of you points. The only reason it will have any 'affect' on vaccine efforts is that people who will never get the vaccine anyway will use it as a reason not to trust the vaccine.

This pandemic has made a mess of the way that the system should work so I imagine that everyone involved is near the breaking point.

Ulrairon should have been all over that headline.

Last edited:

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
This can't be good at a time when all these "booster" shots are needing approval:

There is something really messed up with the booster approach. Now FDA has folks who do not agree due to the lack of data.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I agree with all three of you points. The only reason it will have any 'affect' on vaccine efforts is that people who will never get the vaccine anyway will use it as a reason not to trust the vaccine.

This pandemic has made a mess of the way that the system should work so I imagine that everyone involved is near the breaking point.

Ulrairon should have been all over that headline.
As usual the media are striking fear.
Still something odd that the WH went ahead with vaccine booster message while the FDA was awaiting data or asking for data from Israel. I got my booster already by the way.
I asked before but since it was ignored. Is there any beniffit or risk from getting other vaccine? For example I have the pfizer 1 - 2 and now 3. What about taking the moderna 1-2?

I would rather talk all those shots to keep from wearing a mask and spraying down food with bleach.

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
Israel is currently doing booster shots and it's cut their hospitalization numbers. The FDA apparently doesn't want to use Israel data.

Also there should not even be a question about getting boosters for those with compromised immune systems.

Germany is looking at the Israel data and saying boosters are needed.

The FDA apparently ONLY wants to accept data from a US study.

Reactions: noob and jmdirt
Israel is currently doing booster shots and it's cut their hospitalization numbers. The FDA apparently doesn't want to use Israel data.

Also there should not even be a question about getting boosters for those with compromised immune systems.

Germany is looking at the Israel data and saying boosters are needed.

The FDA apparently ONLY wants to accept data from a US study.
I don't think that thee is a question about that.

Dr. Crotty, who has been posted by pretty much everyone on here, had a thread about most vaccines being a three dose regimen. I think that his point was that a third shot shouldn't be looked at as a booster as much as just part of the procedure.

Reactions: Koronin
Still something odd that the WH went ahead with vaccine booster message while the FDA was awaiting data or asking for data from Israel. I got my booster already by the way.
I asked before but since it was ignored. Is there any beniffit or risk from getting other vaccine? For example I have the pfizer 1 - 2 and now 3. What about taking the moderna 1-2?

I would rather talk all those shots to keep from wearing a mask and spraying down food with bleach.
I can only speak for me of course, but I didn't ignore you, I just don't know the answer. The only thing that I have read about that is not to do it, so maybe that's you answer for now. Since you got your third jab it doesn't matter anyway right?

curious to know how many more millions of people consider themselves " media" Half the clods I meet riding motorcycles give me all kinds of social media information and have their own " blog" "channel""followers"" subscribers "..and a variety of other terms that indicate legitimacy. And the kicker to claim that you are " media " is are your efforts,recognized and monetized..and very often people are getting paid.. in my opinion the crux of society hinged on credentials until just a short time ago..I have gone to camps for lots of things,computer apps,fishing,racing..all had people who were subject matter experts..
So if you are getting medical advice from Joe Rogan,Ted Nugent,Tucker Carlson,a YouTube influencer..neighbor who is got a great lawn or hot wife..
If you get paid, you are part of the media for certain,and many others who have not figured out a way to turn opinion into cash are also being listened to..the old school -the media - doesn't work,doesn't hold water..I read it in the newspaper, saw it on TV, read it in a magazine..saw it on the news..all are marginal media outlets collectively..
It was clear from day one..w a pandemic in a country with a landmass the size of the United States,population of @330 million..we need,needed,could not win without a central federal government news source for medical information, treatment,deaths,prevention..
It probably could have worked if ABC,CBS, and NBC were the places that a majority were checking,trusting for information..but those days are gone..over..people looking to Mike the pillow guy for information about vaccination for themselves and family..
Alex Jones,Mike Lindell part of the media..
look no further than livestock dewormer ..where did people get the information? And what was their process to act on the data?
if a measurable % of citizens are looking to musicians and TV personalities to get life and death medical information we all should be worried..if not to overcome this pandemic,but the next few

curious to know how many more millions of people consider themselves " media" Half the clods I meet riding motorcycles give me all kinds of social media information and have their own " blog" "channel""followers"" subscribers "..and a variety of other terms that indicate legitimacy. And the kicker to claim that you are " media " is are your efforts,recognized and monetized..and very often people are getting paid.. in my opinion the crux of society hinged on credentials until just a short time ago..I have gone to camps for lots of things,computer apps,fishing,racing..all had people who were subject matter experts..
So if you are getting medical advice from Joe Rogan,Ted Nugent,Tucker Carlson,a YouTube influencer..neighbor who is got a great lawn or hot wife..
If you get paid, you are part of the media for certain,and many others who have not figured out a way to turn opinion into cash are also being listened to..the old school -the media - doesn't work,doesn't hold water..I read it in the newspaper, saw it on TV, read it in a magazine..saw it on the news..all are marginal media outlets collectively..
It was clear from day one..w a pandemic in a country with a landmass the size of the United States,population of @330 million..we need,needed,could not win without a central federal government news source for medical information, treatment,deaths,prevention..
It probably could have worked if ABC,CBS, and NBC were the places that a majority were checking,trusting for information..but those days are gone..over..people looking to Mike the pillow guy for information about vaccination for themselves and family..
look no further than livestock dewormer ..where did people get the information? And what was their process to act on the data?
if a measurable % of citizens are looking to musicians and TV personalities to get life and death medical information we all should be worried..if not to overcome this pandemic,but the next few

Also anyone who actually graduated from college with a degree in either print or broadcast journalism had at least one (if not more) classes in ethics. As a side note, I still have my book from the ethics class I took. (we're back to the days of "yellow" journalism in many respects.)

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Not that there is any sound reasoning going on with these people, but I still have to ask again: if the vaccine is "so scary", why does an animal anti-parasitic drug seem safe?
I was driving out west this weekend and can't remember what talk show it was but they mentioned that joe rogen took the de-wormer along with some other things. Not to be outdone alex jones followed it up with here hold my beer? The question now is next year when these two run in the kentucky derby will they show or place?
I do find it amazing that this is a thing. So much misinformation floating around.
Yesterday Basilian Coronabro's stopped a game between them and Argentina. What a joke. If they were really afraid of these 4 players why did they try to rush the field and get close to them to arrest them or take them away? HAHA some idiots on both sides.

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt
I was driving out west this weekend and can't remember what talk show it was but they mentioned that joe rogen took the de-wormer along with some other things. Not to be outdone alex jones followed it up with here hold my beer? The question now is next year when these two run in the kentucky derby will they show or place?
I do find it amazing that this is a thing. So much misinformation floating around.
Yesterday Basilian Coronabro's stopped a game between them and Argentina. What a joke. If they were really afraid of these 4 players why did they try to rush the field and get close to them to arrest them or take them away? HAHA some idiots on both sides.
"Some idiots on both sides" for sure, but one side has 100X more idiots.

RE: Joe Rogan: its pretty well known that he took some hard core, not safe, juice to change his body so a little more bovine meds are no big deal to him.

Out west as in TX, or WA or CA, or...?

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Try not to let the guy who "reinvented" the pillow bother you so much.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
"Some idiots on both sides" for sure, but one side has 100X more idiots.

RE: Joe Rogan: its pretty well known that he took some hard core, not safe, juice to change his body so a little more bovine meds are no big deal to him.

Out west as in TX, or WA or CA, or...?
TX / AZ / CA / UT.
The show I heard this on was obviously a conservative opinion show, and I was in the state of CA at the time. "not a good state" lol

Reactions: jmdirt
Try not to let the guy who "reinvented" the pillow bother you so much.
I like lots hanging fruit I must admit. I have never,don't intend to write a history book, but somebody will and they will boil down the pandemic response,probably a few things about Bob Woodward,people who were hired and fired, The world war effort to fight the virus and the one time the United States said we don't have a collective clue but our companies do, so we will no risk fund them w w scatter gun, billions of dollars line of hard currency and credit. And as part of the writings,those in attendance and influential advisors..Mike the Pillow guy will be part of some text. The readers and those teaching history will ask..was his pillow and linen expertise or his crack use part of a professional profile,a pandemic readiness resume the reason for his inclusion in a meeting,a public appearance on the Covid-19 crisis? I am puzzled..but I accept my possible myopic history perspective so maybe there is a pillow -pandemic confluence that I have yet to discover..
As far as reality,people are drinking disinfectant,eating malaria pills,now taking livestock meds for a cornucopia of Covid causes and cures..we owe to our citizens past,current and future to examine what makes a person eat horse dewormer and feed it to their wife and kids..it's the least we can do. Where did they get the information( media?) and what was the decision block diagram for the actions..they came to a yes and no in the road ..instead of pharmacy, they went to the feed store..we have to learn why
We need to understand what the farm animal medication taking folks think is a trusted media source..this borders Jonestown or Waco thinking..we need to protect people..

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I like lots hanging fruit I must admit. I have never,don't intend to write a history book, but somebody will and they will boil down the pandemic response,probably a few things about Bob Woodward,people who were hired and fired, The world war effort to fight the virus and the one time the United States said we don't have a collective clue but our companies do, so we will no risk fund them w w scatter gun, billions of dollars line of hard currency and credit. And as part of the writings,those in attendance and influential advisors..Mike the Pillow guy will be part of some text. The readers and those teaching history will ask..was his pillow and linen expertise or his crack use part of a professional profile,a pandemic readiness resume the reason for his inclusion in a meeting,a public appearance on the Covid-19 crisis? I am puzzled..but I accept my possible myopic history perspective so maybe there is a pillow -pandemic confluence that I have yet to discover..
As far as reality,people are drinking disinfectant,eating malaria pills,now taking livestock meds for a cornucopia of Covid causes and cures..we owe to our citizens past,current and future to examine what makes a person eat horse dewormer and feed it to their wife and kids..it's the least we can do. Where did they get the information( media?) and what was the decision block diagram for the actions..they came to a yes and no in the road ..instead of pharmacy, they went to the feed store..we have to learn why
We need to understand what the farm animal medication taking folks think is a trusted media source..this borders Jonestown or Waco thinking..we need to protect people..
You forgot to add that people list - those who sprayed food with Clorox or toxic chemicals to kill germs before they touched it and then eat it.
Go back and read the panic at the begining of this topic for some entertainment. The media panic was terrible, there were many who discounted a vax alltogether or not sooner than 2 or 5 years. History is interesting even within this topic here on cycling news.

Reactions: Alpe d'Huez

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Just so we are all clear. The Arkansas case rate is on its way back down again. It never made it to the levels they saw in that state back this past January. Mississippi is finally on the decrease and they did in fact surpass the levels of cases from this past January.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
I just saw this on an India web USA based website. Is this true that India used horse dewormer? But it was not was it? I hope Unchained does not go back the the pillows on me.

"There are some governments that have used Ivermectin to treat Covid-19. The Uttar Pradesh Government, which has been highly successful in containing the pandemic, has used the drug to combat the disease.
Earlier in May, the UP Government had announced that they had recommended the drug for “prophylactic and therapeutic” use.
Uttar Pradesh State Surveillance Officer Vikssendu Agrawal had said, “Uttar Pradesh was the first state in the country to introduce large-scale prophylactic and therapeutic use of Ivermectin. In May-June 2020, a team at Agra, led by Dr Anshul Pareek, administered Ivermectin to all RRT team members in the district on an experimental basis. It was observed that none of them developed Covid-19 despite being in daily contact with patients who had tested positive for the virus.”
Crediting the drug for the low positivity and death rate in the state, he had said, “Despite being the state with the largest population base and a high population density, we have maintained a relatively low positivity rate and cases per million of population”.
“Once the second wave subsides, we would conduct our own study as there has been an emerging body of evidence to substantiate our timely use of Ivermectin from the first wave itself,” he told the Indian Express.
Agra District Magistrate Prabhu N Singh also credited Ivermectin for the state’s success against Covid-19."

You forgot to add that people list - those who sprayed food with Clorox or toxic chemicals to kill germs before they touched it and then eat it.
Go back and read the panic at the begining of this topic for some entertainment. The media panic was terrible, there were many who discounted a vax alltogether or not sooner than 2 or 5 years. History is interesting even within this topic here on cycling news.
It's funny that mention evolution of sorts..YouTube has a pretty side variety of old TV and radio commercials..for fun you should watch some 1950's60's TV spots were doctors give health endorsements for brands of good tasting,good for you cigarettes..and I read in the last days Algeria is doing away with leaded gasoline..last place on the planet to use it..so I certainly don't find it a fools errand to disinfect fruits,vegetables and other items brought into the home. Never in my life have I been described as soft or overly compassionate..but on the weirdest sliding social scale I am considered an alarmist, worry wort for caring how and why the vulnerable and children are eating medicine designed for cows and horses..go figure!!?
The cure is clear,it's available to most westerners..all Americans..not protecting yourself and others is silly for certain and absolutely,unquestionably fatalistic.
If the virus has taught us anything..hand fudge on the doors,handles and door knobs at the post office,train station, porta potty all should have been of more concern to us, even before the pandemic. Frank Zappa ,comically sang " I got it from the toilet seat,it jumped right up and grabbed my... " turns out he was a visionary.
I still find it fascinating a about "the virus" ..and we are seeing now in the United States..that while the existence of one is still debated,sometimes killed over..3 more variants are on the scene..In California we have lots of bridges spanning the ocean..Coronado Bridge in San Diego..the place Jack Black tossed a dog in a Will Ferrell film..but the bridge is always in a state of repair,constant painting and other maintenance..like so many other things in the United States..there is this thing..like sitting up in racing..nothing is done..nothing is finished..you have to pay attention to what you can't see as well as what you can..my entire rant will be for nothing,when another virus..let's say antibiotic resistant bacteria team up..or some You Tubers hook up..one w Ebola-herpes simplex 17 and the other w Covid 19 variant 11..then we will really see how good the free clinic responds..I could be painting the far west span of the bridge and a really safe bet that I need to start working at the other end soon.. "The Media" sitcom mentality of this will all be over soon was a bad message, especially with millions of highly infectious human lab vessels running around spreading it everywhere
Can you tell I am mad that we have a cure,for free and people are not taking it..

Reactions: Koronin and jmdirt

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
This is not a real story. Fake false as in Not real. When will they run the retraction and will it be a headline? The Rolling Stone came out with an UPDATE because they are too weak to issue a real retraction of the story. They all got played. Including some here.

"It was later deemed false after the Northeastern Hospital System denied any patients were treated for overdoses from the drug and that McElyea hadn't actually worked at one of the hospitals in question for two months. "

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Not that there is any sound reasoning going on with these people, but I still have to ask again: if the vaccine is "so scary", why does an animal anti-parasitic drug seem safe?
It was a fake story. As if right on que for the panic false media.
Why are there stories on websites from India that say they used animal anti-parasitic drugs?

TRENDING THREADS