• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 336 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lol. I'll take the under.

I really disagree with this premise. If you don't isolate public health experts from political winds you end up with guys like Scott Atlas. They need to have the power to recommend unpopular policies.
I read this reply and your others - I am afraid you still don't get it. I thought I made it very clear that I know lockdowns are a necessary evil? I know masks are a necessary evil. But public health "experts" play politics so absolutely they should be exposed to political winds whether they like it or not. Everyone should be accountable. Everyone.

But sympathy and empathy is what public health "experts" really don't get. I hope and prey that the trillions of dollars of debt bought back in an enormous global economic gamble don't impoverish all of the developed world in the years ahead. Public health "experts" will be largely immune should this unfold.

When private business is destroyed where is the concern of public health "experts"? Where is the concern of public health "experts" for mental health? My eldest son just studied through his senior high school exams in atrocious circumstances - lockdowns, attend school classes, don't attend school classes, social isolation from his friends, massive disruption. So where was the sympathy and empathy by health bureaucrats and the politicians who champion them? I am not sure about America but in Australia it was largely non existent. Public health "experts" are frankly clueless on these matters - someone else's problem. Relative to life, they are experts in a narrow field which it itself has developed through the pandemic.

And you should know that a health bureaucrat in Australia who no doubt studied medicine half her life demonized AZ vaccine which is a big reason why our country lagged the vaccine rollout at the beginning. So much for infallible health bureaucrats.

*Omicron reinfections suggests that prior infection is ~75% protective against an Omicron infection.

There was/is a triple-vaxxed Israeli doc quoted saying he (believed) he caught it in the UK . But probably light (or no??) symptoms. Sorry, don't recall anymore.

Lighter infection is good, though time will tell if that also applies to potential long covid cases, not just deaths and ICU cases.
Is this what you're referring to? There were two (2) docs that were triple-vaxxed:

Reactions: dusty red roads
What's the relevance of linking a TV report that is 11 days ago - Especially, seeing that it was 2 days after the notification of Omnicron and there is much more new information.
Lots of people would call it a baseline..and some call it history,others name it data...here's an old video that nobody, thought was important or relevant..turns out we could have learned lots from history..
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFJPDqKPgc

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
For sure he is the administrative front for the US health initiative. It can't be lost on anyone here that mixed messages don't help the effort so he would aim at defined, simple recommendations. Contrast that to Scott Atlas who echoed what the prior administration rolled out daily for alternative measures and treatments all the while compromising the now very accepted vaccine treatments.
Add to that the constant anti-vax drumbeat in the US and elsewhere as well as the imagineering of a pharma/political/software program that allegedly includes vaccine markers/monitor robots (or "kill switches" as one old friend offered) and you have muddied water. Of course we want the new, evolving information but punishing the present efforts with old information as knowledge is gained is just stupid. It also is self-serving to those that would gain power by tearing down the effort solely to gain power.
I gave one example as to why I ignore fauci. Then a few deflect the complaints about fauci with what about atlas. Atlas is not on tv all the time like fauci atlas was full of crap then and now. Fauci is an attention seaker. He was doing interviews with politicians trying to decide who was going to play each of them in movies. losers.

I stand against any health apartheid also.
I stand against any health apartheid also.
Not sure I disagree with you. We need solutions not separation. The idea that walls, isolation are solutions for Covid is comical..and the restraining orders arbitrarily enacted against S.Africa and others is counterproductive..so this thing were might is right and the US makes a dramatic financial decision that will damage S. Africa and others..is cruel.
But what solution works for the Netherlands,US and S Africa? I don't know the answer..but I don't know how you form an emergency working group for new Covid variant between @6-8 counties..how does that look?
I have this sneaking suspicion that..don't do anything is coming..

The other thing that is not in the American lexicon is the effect on children..In the current conversation,many of the talking points are something like,kids are immune and that they are not in harms way...which again maybe true to date,but the new variant may change things, or maybe the next variant,or the next or...so having your guard down doesn't strike me as intelligent towards kids..

• Haha
Reactions: Ultrairon

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Not sure I disagree with you. We need solutions not separation. The idea that walls, isolation are solutions for Covid is comical..and the restraining orders arbitrarily enacted against S.Africa and others is counterproductive..so this thing were might is right and the US makes a dramatic financial decision that will damage S. Africa and others..is cruel.
But what solution works for the Netherlands,US and S Africa? I don't know the answer..but I don't know how you form an emergency working group for new Covid variant between @6-8 counties..how does that look?
I have this sneaking suspicion that..don't do anything is coming..

The other thing that is not in the American lexicon is the effect on children..In the current conversation,many of the talking points are something like,kids are immune and that they are not in harms way...which again maybe true to date,but the new variant may change things, or maybe the next variant,or the next or...so having your guard down doesn't strike me as intelligent towards kids..
Health authorities say omicron is re-infecting some people who have been vaccinated, but mostly their symptoms are not severe.

One of the country’s top epidemiologists, Salim Abdool Karim, told VOA that current vaccines should provide “good protection” against omicron.

I gave one example as to why I ignore fauci. Then a few deflect the complaints about fauci with what about atlas. Atlas is not on tv all the time like fauci atlas was full of crap then and now. Fauci is an attention seaker. He was doing interviews with politicians trying to decide who was going to play each of them in movies. losers.
He was doing interviews because he was the one member of the team who had the public's trust.

This was a great takedown of rfkII. At the end of the day, a big reason antivaxxers exist is because it is really lucrative.

The first bit of high quality omicron data surfaces. Alot of immune escape, but suggests that boosting will be very helpful.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/_b_meyer/status/1468319835012673549

Reactions: jmdirt and Koronin

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
He was doing interviews because he was the one member of the team who had the public's trust.

This was a great takedown of rfkII. At the end of the day, a big reason antivaxxers exist is because it is really lucrative.

The first bit of high quality omicron data surfaces. Alot of immune escape, but suggests that boosting will be very helpful.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/_b_meyer/status/1468319835012673549
Fauci the failure first with Aids and now covid.

Robert Kennedy and his book gets people all worked up on both sides. Me I take the vaccines the world has and hope for the best. Its better than going anti.

Lots or info out now that omnicron is less transmissible than Delta. Also it is a mild version of the disease. All good news.

Latest news in federal courts is that the federal vax contractor mandate was halted in the USA.

Health authorities say omicron is re-infecting some people who have been vaccinated, but mostly their symptoms are not severe.

One of the country’s top epidemiologists, Salim Abdool Karim, told VOA that current vaccines should provide “good protection” against omicron.
I am assuming that most posters here on not frontline lab researchers, working to compile data about Covid virus mutations,health outcomes for those infected, Your post is valid on all levels and growing group of pros are finding things similarly to Karim.
Dirts post below and other subject matter experts almost all agree on a few key things, sharing of data,and the speed in which data is tabulated and made available,in days and weeks,were previously data sharing had a dramatically different time line and often a for profit component that made the data value in question for future drug or therapy development. So holding on to the rights of scientific formulas is still normal, the overall amount of data being shared is extraordinary as well as how it is peer reviewed in almost real time,never before in history..for the benefit of all

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
uhhhhduhhhh-have you read either book? I haven't read this but would appreciate your report.

by the way...what's your fascistnation with Fauci? No one else seems to care.
There is only one book and its called nineteen eighty-four. The Prequel mentioned in the satire site Babylon Bee is not a real book. I'm not a Fascist and would appreciate it if you edit your post. I don't like the Dr. so why if no one else cares can't they just let me have an opinion? Fauci is a attention needing simple bureaucrat.

Here some quotes from the web site that has you believing there is a prequel to nineteen eighty-four.

"U.S.—Harvill Secker Publishing Company has announced the release of a brand-new prequel to George Orwell's classic, 1984. The new novel will describe the events leading up to 1984, where people beg Big Brother to take away their rights to protect them from a virus.

"1984: The Beginning describes how Oceana came to exist after the entire world got freaked out by a cold virus, causing them to completely give up all their individual rights and surrender to an evil globalist agenda that disguises itself as 'science'," said the anonymous author who writes under the pseudonym Pand Raul.

The New York Times praised the book as a "tour de force", saying "We understand this is a completely fictional scenario that would never happen today, but it's great fun to get lost in this completely fictional world that has no basis in our current reality whatsoever."

UPDATE: The book has already been removed from store shelves and canceled by Amazon for its satirical depiction of scientific authorities who bear a striking resemblance to Dr. Anthony Fauci, whom Biden has just nominated to lead his new Ministry of Truth.

Citizens are encouraged to notify authorities should they see anyone reading this new book.

Remember, the Big Guy is watching!"

TRENDING THREADS