• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Coronavirus: How dangerous a threat?

Page 397 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Reactions: Nomad

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Then you have nothing to fear as it's over in your world. I know it's still affecting me and I wouldn't mind an option for protection against the next variant other than avoiding nay sayers. But the ray of hope is it's over for you. Goodbye.
Horrible life you lead to allow covid to affect your life in my opinion. Call up dr telivison and see if he has a triple layer mask for some.

Reactions: Nomad
Horrible life you lead to allow covid to affect your life in my opinion. Call up dr telivison and see if he has a triple layer mask for some.
You respond several times to the same comment. Any more issues or ideas?
Your opinion on how I lead my life is not the most childish, simple observation you've made to date. The reference to your most hated "telivision" public figure isn't either.

That you constantly find it amusing that people get sick and suffer from a virus or health issue whether they've been immunized or not, as long as it's not you; that's the simplest, most telling element of your responses.

its over. still you keep going and continue to spread fear
after seeing and reading multiple interviews,most profound by Bob Woodward,now Dr. Birx ,coming forward with an admission of lying ,there are only a few conclusions,you accept that lying is okay using their reasoning, it's wrong.
And that "it's over" mission accomplished,type statements simply silly based on science,on the emergence of endless variants..it's never over..other pandemics like HIV\Aids keep killing because of effective treatment that had the public put their guard down..
when the monkeypox thread opens up, the same cast of commenters will rush to claim it's not a big deal, many comments are eerily similar to those who reject all things Ebola ..many saying variations of no big deal, to it doesn't exist..ultra dangerous element in any culture..word play intentional

after seeing and reading multiple interviews,most profound by Bob Woodward,now Dr. Birx ,coming forward with an admission of lying ,there are only a few conclusions,you accept that lying is okay using their reasoning, it's wrong.
And that "it's over" mission accomplished,type statements simply silly based on science,on the emergence of endless variants..it's never over..other pandemics like HIV\Aids keep killing because of effective treatment that had the public put their guard down..
when the monkeypox thread opens up, the same cast of commenters will rush to claim it's not a big deal, many comments are eerily similar to those who reject all things Ebola ..many saying variations of no big deal, to it doesn't exist..ultra dangerous element in any culture..word play intentional
Hopefully not. Unfortunately in the US the discussion falls heavily into the same camps no matter the topic. Watched Gov Kristi Noem on CNN and she said the lack of conversation between all sides needs to change and all sides participate in key issues (my paraphrase). Very reasonable opinion....that she should also repeat to some other media outlets that focus on routine opposing opinions. Then she diverted to gas prices, lack of domestic oil production....But she was on to something there for a moment.

Good thread. Not so optimistic. Anyway. Society gave up to whatever restrictions. Will be dificult to go back to covid restriction again. Maybe mask mandates but thats all. No lockdowns, borders restrictions and especially no other reatrictions based on vaxx status.

I had my booster in january and I dont want next one unless some drastic changes in covid genome. I will recommend my parents at the fall though.

It is maybe cocky or reckless but covid dont bother me anymore. It was enough.

Reactions: Ultrairon
Deaths per day are hovering around 300, but BA.5 is looking a little different. I hope that this isn't another deadly one!

View: https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1545491413735018496?s=20&t=4tHvjBeRl697PCYB-Pq6Uw
Government recommending 4th shots in Australia for people over 30. Seems the current variants are very infectious. Lots of people also catching the flu in Australia. Worst flu season for quite a while and with all the Covid protocols dropped its no surprise.

Governments are pissing in the wind recommending 4th shots of COVID vaccines for healthy people. There's enough data showing that serious illness/death is negligible for this cohort - Now if the researchers could make a specific Omicron vaccine which severely reduces transmission then you have a viable reason for healthy people to have a fourth shot.
I think an issue is that a lot of the healthy demo are actually not very healthy. And many would benefit from a top up of their antibodies. There is still some crossreaction between strains, but Bivalent vaccines with an omicron strain are on the way. But it is an open question whether it will be widely available by the N hemisphere fall.

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Getting ramped up for another variant overreaction?
This is holding steady great news - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospitalization-7-day-trend

So much overreaction in this thread that It becomes hard to take the posts serious. I remember when a couple here called Cookster a liar! Now I question the integrity of a few here based on the constant covid enthusiasm.

Many of us working have been extremely damaged over the lock downs and I have to be honest the overreaction of many governments. Now is the time for everyone to tell me that I don't value life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cookster15

Ultrairon

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Visit site
Hopefully not. Unfortunately in the US the discussion falls heavily into the same camps no matter the topic. Watched Gov Kristi Noem on CNN and she said the lack of conversation between all sides needs to change and all sides participate in key issues (my paraphrase). Very reasonable opinion....that she should also repeat to some other media outlets that focus on routine opposing opinions. Then she diverted to gas prices, lack of domestic oil production....But she was on to something there for a moment.
Since the mods allow your post I find it amazing that you have no idea about real life issues such as gas prices / domestic oil production etc. Also I am interested in your succession comments regarding Texas in a following post. Obviously you like polotics more than covid and its also clear its OK to discuss.

Getting ramped up for another variant overreaction?
This is holding steady great news - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospitalization-7-day-trend

So much overreaction in this thread that It becomes hard to take the posts serious. I remember when a couple here called Cookster a liar! Now I question the integrity of a few here based on the constant covid enthusiasm.

Many of us working have been extremely damaged over the lock downs and I have to be honest the overreaction of many governments. Now is the time for everyone to tell me that I don't value life.
That was because cookster was being dishonest. No point in revisiting that though.

What is covid enthusiasm? Posting facts/data? Notice that in my most recent post I posted from the CDC, but added my own statement: "I hope that this isn't another deadly one! " I guess you must not be referring to that, right?

Your narrative that anyone who hasn't stuck their head in the sand with you is 'enthusiastic for covid' is ridiculous.

Why do you think that you are so much more knowledgeable than the entire scientific community? That's who you are really pointing you silliness at.

• Angry
Reactions: Ultrairon

TRENDING THREADS