• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Could a doped EPO Era "1 day classics rider" win the TdF 7 Times in a Row?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
espn_g_courson_576.jpg

Don´t they look like real warriors? BTW, that´s Courson

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ricara said:
American Football??!!?? WTF? What does this have to do with a classics rider winning the TdF 7 times in a row?

In the immortal words of Michael Aisner, director of the Coors Classic, "Wow -- football! I hear those players are really tough! Some of them are on the field as much as 9 minutes a game!"

That about sums it up.And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Watch this movie North Dallas Forty and the TV show Players. Than look at Ulrich and Armstrong, do you see parrallels. If you want to kill the beast look at the big picture. Not just Armstrong/Postal, Ulrich/E. German sports acadamy/T-Mobile. Think pro European Soccer. Think NBA. Think pro baseball. Think college sports. If you want to root it out check out the Olympics for the last 40 years. That is if you really want to attack the Hydra.
I hate this phony drug war BS. So much like the drug war I have seen in the last 40 years by our US government. If Eisner wants to think NFL football is an easy or clean sport or a sport not at all that is OK. Kind of like a marathoner critcising a 100 meter man verdad?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Here is my question. What kind of training program and Peds were used by Lance to transform? I am of the opinion it was from maturation, natural ability, the chemo/cancer and possibly the peds. 7 times is an outstanding acheivement. Oh I forgot his team. I guess I answered my own question. Thanks.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Here is my question. What kind of training program and Peds were used by Lance to transform? I am of the opinion it was from maturation, natural ability, the chemo/cancer and possibly the peds. 7 times is an outstanding acheivement. Oh I forgot his team. I guess I answered my own question. Thanks.

why is 7 outstanding when we look at his EPO use, which started with '99 and a team based PED program. They took way more than any other team as was obvious by the train.

Keep trying to deny the evidence Flicky, but as you come on here everyday and read it and then fail to counter it with statements of untruth that are part of a pr campaign on behalf on Uniballer, it is hard to see what you are trying to achieve apart from a bit of 'light' trolling.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
why is 7 outstanding when we look at his EPO use, which started with '99 and a team based PED program. They took way more than any other team as was obvious by the train.

Keep trying to deny the evidence Flicky, but as you come on here everyday and read it and then fail to counter it with statements of untruth that are part of a pr campaign on behalf on Uniballer, it is hard to see what you are trying to achieve apart from a bit of 'light' trolling.

My rebuttal? Never tested positive and I am sorry you don't believe in miracles.
You have to admit if you rent the DVD the magnificient 7 Lance standing above Ulrich and Basso in Paris is both outstanding and incredulous. How could Lance beat T-Mobile and CSC. No miracle there just good ole Evian and Perrier water.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

I think the idea that they took "more" then anyone else is pretty hard to substantiate.

They were doped heavily. But so were many of the other top teams. Most top teams were cheating... trying to single one out because they may have cheated more effectively seems a bit odd to me. Telekom/CSC/whoever weren't as effective at cheating... so their results were okay? I don't understand that logic.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
I think the idea that they took "more" then anyone else is pretty hard to substantiate.

They were doped heavily. But so were many of the other top teams. Most top teams were cheating... trying to single one out because they may have cheated more effectively seems a bit odd to me. Telekom/CSC/whoever weren't as effective at cheating... so their results were okay? I don't understand that logic.

True - they were all heavily doped - and I agree there is little value in claiming one was 'more juiced' than the other.

But it was substantiated - remember the retested sample from 99 that showed positives for EPO were all at the beginning of the Tour, except for one rider.

I just posted this on another thread - but it is again shows that there were differences between the teams.
The Festina riders who were heavily juiced gave their team Doctor Eric Rijkaert the nickname "Dr. Punto" - because he was unable to get the best out of the PED's and take risks like Dr. Ferrari.

The Fiat Punto :eek:
m8k6xg.jpg