• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
Why hasn't Pellizotti found a ride yet?

As I understand it, he's completely cleared to race. His entire positive was thrown out... is there still some chance he could get a suspension?

If not... you'd think he'd have some value for someone.
 
kurtinsc said:
Why hasn't Pellizotti found a ride yet?

As I understand it, he's completely cleared to race. His entire positive was thrown out... is there still some chance he could get a suspension?

If not... you'd think he'd have some value for someone.

Nope.
A CAS decision is due around the first week of March. I think I read that in a "Clinic" link, just yesterday.
In the meantime, he remains in limbo and teamless.

Edit, I did indeed.
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=35726&tp=n
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Visit site
Thanks for the update!

I'm still way behind however more than 40% of my team has not been racing yet. When I take that in consideration I'm more than happy with my 51st place thus far :D
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I have Ricco, Pellizotti and Valjavec! Funny we pick them but not Di Luca, who has a contract and will probably do rather well.

i have ricco and pellizotti.

The Hitch said:
Meh. Not that bad. I missed CVV and Schumacher who will both likely get 500 + of not 1000+

i think it is bad; because others still have riders who will make points whereas these guys wont. period.

---

anywho i had a good week.
500+ points
and gained 20 places (from 68 to 48).
 
The Hitch said:
Meh. Not that bad. I missed CVV and Schumacher who will both likely get 500 + of not 1000+

I don't understand that logic; Ricco is a loss of 756 points going by last year, possibly a lot more if he had a big year (or as big a year as you are assuming for your missed picks). Pellizotti if he rode all season could get 700-1000 at least, Valjevic several hundred. Plus you may not have CVV or Schumi, but presumably the guys you have in their place will get points, which lessens the blow somewhat.
 
skidmark said:
I don't understand that logic; Ricco is a loss of 756 points going by last year, possibly a lot more if he had a big year (or as big a year as you are assuming for your missed picks). Pellizotti if he rode all season could get 700-1000 at least, Valjevic several hundred. Plus you may not have CVV or Schumi, but presumably the guys you have in their place will get points, which lessens the blow somewhat.

I was feeling sorry for myself ;)

Though your right, i shouldnt. Its one of the deadly sins.
 
For further emphasis regarding how much of the season remains, consider that in this legendary 2010 highlights video, we are only 17 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVyxDkxezg

The video is 10 minutes 46 seconds long.

Its like one of those history of the earth timelines. People think the Romans were a long time ago, but if you open your eyes and look at the bigger picture, it was practically yesterday. (insert creationist joke here)

Similarly, a few Ozzie races (location or victor wise) may seem like a lot, but there is so so much more left.

Think about it. Everything that comes after the 17 second mark in the video is YET to happen in 2011 (though obviously different winners;))
 
Jun 1, 2010
63
0
0
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Wow, I cracked the top 10. The equivelant of showing my face at the front of the peleton for a few k's in the middle of a race. :D

Now to watch as I slip back in the bunch into obscurity.

You're lucky. Your fall from grace will not be as widely celebrated as when I run out of gas, get swamped by the pack and spat out the back.......

Still getting time for my sponsors at the moment though :D

EDIT: Apparently that's only 17 second of coverage so far...
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
The Hitch said:
For further emphasis regarding how much of the season remains, consider that in this legendary 2010 highlights video, we are only 17 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVyxDkxezg

The video is 10 minutes 46 seconds long.

Its like one of those history of the earth timelines. People think the Romans were a long time ago, but if you open your eyes and look at the bigger picture, it was practically yesterday. (insert creationist joke here)

Similarly, a few Ozzie races (location or victor wise) may seem like a lot, but there is so so much more left.

Think about it. Everything that comes after the 17 second mark in the video is YET to happen in 2011 (though obviously different winners;))

The other way to look at it is that there's one team who has already recouped over a quarter of his points 17 seconds in and the majority of us are under 12-13%.
 
Nov 23, 2009
649
0
0
Visit site
i move up to 5th yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

take that haterz!

i think this week will start to separate the good teams from the rest. glad im in a good position!
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Visit site
bicing said:
i move up to 5th yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

take that haterz!

i think this week will start to separate the good teams from the rest. glad im in a good position!

lol based on what?

I guess we should have based our teams around oman, algarve etc??

Damn, I knew i shouldnt have considered GTs, PT stage races, classics etc when i made my team :( I screwed up.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
lol based on what?

I guess we should have based our teams around oman, algarve etc??

Damn, I knew i shouldnt have considered GTs, PT stage races, classics etc when i made my team :( I screwed up.

In reality... PT races and GT's may not be incredibly important.

For example... Talansky just got 4th in the Tour de Med... he got 58 points for that result. Overall that's not a huge deal.

Now let's say he did the equivalent of that in four 2.1 races and got 232 points. Four finishes just outside the podium in relatively small 2.1 races. Say a total of 20-21 race days.

That gives you more points then finishing 7th at the Tour de france (230 points). So someone who picks up 4th in each of the Etoile de Bessèges, Volta ao Algarve, Tour de San Luis and Tour Méditerranéen would have more points in 21 days of racing then someone finishing 7th in the Tour for pretty much the same number of race days.

Kind of funny.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Visit site
i don't disagree my point was, I'm not willing to discount anybody (not even luckyboy :p), and I can't agree with the notion that the boys are being seperated from the men this early in the game. insane comment (like hitch said, 17 seconds in)
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
Another fun one:


Winning any one of the races in the Challenge Mallorca counts the same or more then: 9th at Milan-Sanremo or Paris-Roubaix, 5th at San Sebastian or Vattenfall, 9th at Paris-Nice or the Dauphine Libere 16th at the Giro or 19th at the Tour, or winning a TOUR DE FRANCE STAGE.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
Visit site
We wont know of any clear winner until after the Vuelta. Giro and Tour will also be the main times where the decks are reshuffled too.

Maybe have a semi 'award' for the leaders before the next GT, there's enough time between all 3 isn't there?
 
kurtinsc said:
Another fun one:


Winning any one of the races in the Challenge Mallorca counts the same or more then: 9th at Milan-Sanremo or Paris-Roubaix, 5th at San Sebastian or Vattenfall, 9th at Paris-Nice or the Dauphine Libere 16th at the Giro or 19th at the Tour, or winning a TOUR DE FRANCE STAGE.

You like your fun facts i see;)

But to show you just how much of the season remains, heres a fun fact for you

microdose in 1st place currently has 2066 points.

Alberto Contador at this point last year had 0 points. By the end of July he had 2092 points. Thats just 1 rider. Sure hes the best, but most players here have 30 riders not 1.

And he finished with August September and October (all months that offer significantly more points than January and February) still to spare.


And yes Mallorca and Mumbai do give an odd ammount of points, but those points are still nothing compared to the totals one can get from gts. Nothing.

Here are some more fun facts to back that up.

Microdose in the lead has 2066 points.

The top 2 from last years Tour de France alone got 1705 points.

Positions 1 5 and 6 from last years Giro got 1857.

Getting 1st 5th and 6th in the Giro isnt much of an ask considering how many people have Anton, Di Luca, Pellizoti, Rujano. But 95% of posters lie within such a score.

And heres where it gets really tasty.

Positions 1 3 and 5 from last years Giro racked up a total of 1942 points

Luckyboy is currently rock bottom of the standings. He has Menchov, Di Luca, Pellizoti and Rujano. It doenst take a wild imagination to see those 4 riders alone getting a similar score at this years Giro.

But heres the kicker. Current first place microdose hasnt got anyone who is likely to get him many or any points in the Giro.

And so the entirely feasable score for luckyboy, would in an instant move up our current lantern rouge above our current maillot jaune.

But before the Giro even starts in Turin, we still have 4 monuments, dozens of classics, several pt stage races.

Then after that we have several more classics pt stage races, and of course 2 more gts were people can easily score 2000 or even 3000 + points.

Maybe its just me, but somehow i dont see the 3rd week of february as the decider that bicing is making it out to be. :rolleyes:
 
kurtinsc said:
I'm interested to see who hits 7500 points first.

The first to "break even".

I think Waterloo sunrise looks very good for this.

Tuarts said:
We wont know of any clear winner until after the Vuelta. Giro and Tour will also be the main times where the decks are reshuffled too.

Maybe have a semi 'award' for the leaders before the next GT, there's enough time between all 3 isn't there?

the award for being top at a certain point of the season is that you get to see your name at the top, and in the case of some (ahem bicing), pretending you are approaching the finishing straight in the lead group

Cadel didnt get a semi award for leading after Morzine:rolleyes:
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You like your fun facts i see;)

But to show you just how much of the season remains, heres a fun fact for you

microdose in 1st place currently has 2066 points.

Alberto Contador at this point last year had 0 points. By the end of July he had 2092 points. Thats just 1 rider. Sure hes the best, but most players here have 30 riders not 1.

And he finished with August September and October (all months that offer significantly more points than January and February) still to spare.


And yes Mallorca and Mumbai do give an odd ammount of points, but those points are still nothing compared to the totals one can get from gts. Nothing.

Here are some more fun facts to back that up.

Microdose in the lead has 2066 points.

The top 2 from last years Tour de France alone got 1705 points.

Positions 1 5 and 6 from last years Giro got 1857.

Getting 1st 5th and 6th in the Giro isnt much of an ask considering how many people have Anton, Di Luca, Pellizoti, Rujano. But 95% of posters lie within such a score.

And heres where it gets really tasty.

Positions 1 3 and 5 from last years Giro racked up a total of 1942 points

Luckyboy is currently rock bottom of the standings. He has Menchov, Di Luca, Pellizoti and Rujano. It doenst take a wild imagination to see those 4 riders alone getting a similar score at this years Giro.

But heres the kicker. Current first place microdose hasnt got anyone who is likely to get him many or any points in the Giro.

And so the entirely feasable score for luckyboy, would in an instant move up our current lantern rouge above our current maillot jaune.

But before the Giro even starts in Turin, we still have 4 monuments, dozens of classics, several pt stage races.

Then after that we have several more classics pt stage races, and of course 2 more gts were people can easily score 2000 or even 3000 + points.

Maybe its just me, but somehow i dont see the 3rd week of february as the decider that bicing is making it out to be. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it is... but I do thing the lesser races (overall... not just this week) may have more of an impact then the big races overall... especially because many of us picked "value" guys.

Extremely few riders of the top 30 riders from last year were chosen. I don't think there are a ton of top 5 GC at grand tour guys left after that. Maybe a couple... Menchov (33rd... 882 points), perhaps Di Luca or Pellizotti (if he gets a ride). But in general the guys who were picked who we expect to "do well" at GT's are more likely in the 6-10 finishing range then the 1-5 range.

And simply put... I'm not sure those second tier guys at GT's are going to play as big a factor in the game as guys who focus on and do well in .HC and .1 races.

I guess we'll see.
 
Nov 17, 2009
2,388
0
0
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I think Waterloo sunrise looks very good for this.

At what point in the season do you think the 7500 point mark will be hit?

If it's post-giro... I might think Bicing has a decent shot.

He's got 1300 already, has riders who might have success at the Giro in Di Luca, Pellizotti, Rujano and Anton. He's got Cunego who might make some noise in the Ardennes, Ballan and Haussler for the cobbled classics and some other "lesser" riders who might make some spring points (Gasparotto, Kroon, Stybar, Sagan).

Seems like a good "early start" type of team... and he already hit with Renshaw, Goss and Meyer.