• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey, Van den Broeck got some points today! He's the pick I've been regretting more then any other since choosing my team... in retrospect I think I paid out too many points for him. Good to see him on the board, even if it is just a 3rd in a TT in a small race.

kurtinsc said:
Hey, Van den Broeck got some points today! He's the pick I've been regretting more then any other since choosing my team... in retrospect I think I paid out too many points for him. Good to see him on the board, even if it is just a 3rd in a TT in a small race.

Just be glad that you have VDB instead of Ricco. The two cost almost the same amount so you're essentially freerolling a lot of people with VDB :)

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I still reckon the person that hits the jackpot in the GT's and the bigger races will win, Guardini is doing very well in 1.1 races and obviously 30 or so riders like that will win you the competition but that is unrealiistic. Maybe the strategy next year will be different depending on what happens and who wins..

Anyway I thought i had a decent couple of weeks and picked up a few points and then dropped a place.:p

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
My season is finally starting to get rolling. I'm excited to see how this all unfolds, very fun game.

In retrospect, I have 2 regrets. The first is obvious, but lots of people have Ricco so it's not a huge loss in comparison to everyone else. The second is Gesink, way too many points in relation to his earning potential. I'm starting to believe that Id trade him in and fill my roster to the maximum with lower cost guys if I was given the chance. At least he'll race this year though, unlike that other guy...

Hugo Koblet said:
Just be glad that you have VDB instead of Ricco. The two cost almost the same amount so you're essentially freerolling a lot of people with VDB :)
I wish I had got Van den Broeck. At least that way I could use the fact that I picked all my favourite riders without further considerations as a shield. Oh well. I still have Bole and Van Avermaet.

luckyboy said:
Wow, 86th place :(

Looking at it you're in even worse shape... You're in 88th spot. For some reason Suitsou is already listed as having scored 121 points, when in real life he's only scored 8. Obviously some wire got crossed their accidentally (Hugo, FIX IT :p).

Although seriously... You spent CQ points on Kirchen??? That dude is still recovering from a heart attack and probably wont ever ride again.

Moondance said:
Looking at it you're in even worse shape... You're in 88th spot. For some reason Suitsou is already listed as having scored 121 points, when in real life he's only scored 8. Obviously some wire got crossed their accidentally (Hugo, FIX IT :p).

Although seriously... You spent CQ points on Kirchen??? That dude is still recovering from a heart attack and probably wont ever ride again.

Yeah he was one of the last ones I picked on the off chance he might come back.

Got a few other guys who haven't ended up on a team either..

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I've moved up in placings, I'm still pretty down. Only my score has gone up.

Oh well, I guess I have to do with the mere three points that Devolder got today.

luckyboy said:
Yeah he was one of the last ones I picked on the off chance he might come back.

Got a few other guys who haven't ended up on a team either..

That's weird about Siustou, in one of the previous updates Ballan showed up as having his 474 for last year, this year, but only for your team (I mentioned it to Hugo in a PM)... something's weird with your sheet, or you really are a 'lucky boy'.

Seriously though, your team looks pretty good, so I wouldn't worry about your position at the start of the season... wait'll at least the first spring classic is out of the way before panicking.

the asian said:
Does anybody have Breschel. It seems he will miss the spring classics
This conversation from December comes to mind.

Moondance said:
To the people who spent big on Breschel (Hugo, Libertine and contre la montre):

What we're you thinking? The guy is going to miss, or not be in shape for, all the major spring classics. Where is he going to gain points vis-a-vis last year?

Hugo Koblet said:
Breschels injury isn't as bad first feared. He got surgery 22nd of november and from there he should only be out 4-6 weeks which is a lot less than the first stated which means that his classics season shouldn't be threatened.

Last year he got really unlucky at Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix but still accumulated a lot of points while riding as a lieutenant for Fabian. This year he's one year older (surprise!) and will be riding as the captain for Rabobank, so he could easily have his best season yet.

Besides, I'm danish so that's probably a factor, too :)

I think you're right though, that he's probably not that good a purchase considering that Boonen actually costs less.

I guess I'm pretty screwed as I have both Ricco and Breschel :D

That's 1600 points down the drain.

On the other hand I just heard news this morning that his knee injury isn't as bad as first assumed. Atleast according to his danish doctor. He assumes that he will be able to ride the spring classics but obviously his form won't be good.

Regarding luckyboy and Siutsou, I have no idea why it shows as 121 points. I have fixed it now no problem but it's really weird that the spreadsheet sometimes shows some different results.

If you notice any mistakes like these, please send me a PM.

TRENDING THREADS