• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
I guess I'm pretty screwed as I have both Ricco and Breschel :D

That's 1600 points down the drain.

I agree that our points spent on Ricco are down the drain. But Breschel might still score some points. I bought him because I was led to believe he'd be the sole leader for Rabobanks cobbles campaign. But if he scores another medal at the WC a good placing in Paris-Tours and Hamburg, maybe something in the Vuelta, Breschel might still break even.

So far i'm regretting not having more dopers in my team. I got Ricco because he had already been active for a full season. Should have gotten di Luca:)

Contre la montre said:
I agree that our points spent on Ricco are down the drain. But Breschel might still score some points. I bought him because I was led to believe he'd be the sole leader for Rabobanks cobbles campaign. But if he scores another medal at the WC a good placing in Paris-Tours and Hamburg, maybe something in the Vuelta, Breschel might still break even.

So far i'm regretting not having more dopers in my team. I got Ricco because he had already been active for a full season. Should have gotten di Luca:)

Yeah that's actually true. If let's say Matti has a season like last year but with no spring campaign he will still score roughly 600 points which is OK since his main strenght is the spring classics. Last year he "only" scored 259 points before june so the loss is not that big. Of course this is only is his season is similar to last year which in no way is certain.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Regarding luckyboy and Siutsou, I have no idea why it shows as 121 points. I have fixed it now no problem but it's really weird that the spreadsheet sometimes shows some different results.

If you notice any mistakes like these, please send me a PM.

121 is Siutsou's 2010 points. i think somebody misread it.

joy118118 said:
121 is Siutsou's 2010 points. i think somebody misread it.

Yeah.. But it's not that somebody misread it. The newest updated spreadsheet did infact show his 2011 value as his 2010 value (121 points). For some reason the spreadsheet had been changed to look for his 2010 value when it should be looking for his 2011 value.

I don't know why, but as skidmark pointed out, a similar problem occured in a previous update where he noticed me.

Anyway, I don't think there's much to do about it, and if just everyone who spots a mistake like this makes sure to tell me, we should be OK. I have changed it in the case of luckyboy so Siutsou's real 2011 value will show up in the next update.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to this weekend - I have Boom, (Breschel?), Devolder, Goddaert, Hoste, Ivanov, Maaskant and Quinziato all lining up for Het Volk and Kuurne :)

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
We got quite a few races going on this week therefore I'm expecting some major shakeups with the next update. I'm going deeper into the hole as none of my horses made any significant points (so far) this week :D

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I really need a WINNER this weekend.

Boonen in Het Volk or KBK is probably the most likely, but hoping for Sinkewitz in Lugano!

Or Bruno Pires in France :D

Same here

I think the reason why my score is really down is the fact that I chose some riders from South American and for some reason I didn't think races down there would give the same amount of points as in Europe.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
We are now 25 seconds in ;)

But today cq has made me feel a bit down, with Langveld getting the points. F**k.

Still, what would be worse would be if i were Dutch, and hadnt picked him. Im looking at you Timmy loves Rabo and Moondance :D

don't remind me :( I regret this.

i got roughly 135 today i think. Not so bad.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Why do you care? Its not like you have Flecha on your team.

I'm not sure either.

I personally haven't got a clue of anyone's team, other then my own. At the end of the day, if my team doesn't perform, I don't have to worry about other people's teams.

Moondance said:
Why do you care? Its not like you have Flecha on your team.

Because it makes him a good rider i missed, because the youngest has him and because 4 other people have him.

Yeah its not that bad, but 140 is a lot for someone who cost only 229.

Rinaldo - a buy im surprised more didnt make, got another 40 behind the scenes today though.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Because it makes him a good rider i missed, because the youngest has him and because 4 other people have him.

Yeah its not that bad, but 140 is a lot for someone who cost only 229.

Rinaldo - a buy im surprised more didnt make, got another 40 behind the scenes today though.

he is already on 220 i think. Should double that easily with the form he is showing.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Some points for Terpstra. Nothing spectacular, but he's started slightly better than last year.

The problem with terpstra - and i have him also -is that he got a lot of points from dutch champs, and had a more free role at milram. Here at quickstep, you gotta assume he will be a boonen slave. That being said he also had quite a few injuries. We'll see.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
The problem with terpstra - and i have him also -is that he got a lot of points from dutch champs, and had a more free role at milram. Here at quickstep, you gotta assume he will be a boonen slave. That being said he also had quite a few injuries. We'll see.
He wasn't a Boonen slave today. And in races like Dwars door Vlaanderen he'll get this chance as well.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
He wasn't a Boonen slave today. And in races like Dwars door Vlaanderen he'll get this chance as well.

He was actually chasing at the front of the peleton for quite some time, but yeah cobbles are unpredictable. But when Boonen has the legs, I struggle to see Terpstra getting too much freedom. We'll see.

The Hitch said:

Good pick, youngest! Your team is looking strong in the early days, and the classics may be kind...

I would've considered Langeveld, but I'm always second guessing riders that you think every year is going to be their year. I guess this may, in fact, be his year.

With regards to the game, as far as if you're going to be upset that a rider scored points that you didn't have, I'd probably be happy that only 5 people had him, rather than like 25. The fewer other people who benefit from a rider, the lesser the blow to your own chances. I mean, either way, I get mostly excited about my own team, but when all I got today is Cunego's 3rd and Di Luca's 14th points in Sardegna, I am more inclined to be jealous at the success of others, haha.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'm concerned that Santambrogio seems to have been running out of steam day after day in Sardinia until today, when he only came 24th and dropped out of the top 10 in the GC. I'd have hoped he'd be building up some good form.

Don't think he is in good form yet. The past few days finishes suited him quite well so its surprising he hasn't been higher up in the gc and stages.

I have 4 riders in the top 100 :(

TRENDING THREADS