• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CQ ranking

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eric8-A said:
Even if Pellizotti is given the ok to ride this year, I doubt he'll rack up some points

We are only in February. Even if he were only cleared in 3 months, hed still have plenty of time to rack up big points on the Italian circuit, where they seemingly have a different 1 day race every week.

Where did Ricco rack up much of hi s750 points last year. Delfino could just by doing a fraction of that double his total.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
We are only in February. Even if he were only cleared in 3 months, hed still have plenty of time to rack up big points on the Italian circuit, where they seemingly have a different 1 day race every week.

Where did Ricco rack up much of hi s750 points last year. Delfino could just by doing a fraction of that double his total.

True. I'm just being optimistic as usual.

Has there been any hints as to what team he might go to?

Moondance said:
So where does Andrey Kashechkin fit into your morality buys?

I felt sorry for him since he obviously got screwed over by Vinokourov. That and the fact that I had very little time to trim down my team when Hugo announced the first deadline. I was at 40 riders at a cost of 8-9000 and I quickly had to cut things down. Had I gotten more time I would have probably dropped Kashechkin as well by december 31st.

ingsve said:
I felt sorry for him since he obviously got screwed over by Vinokourov. That and the fact that I had very little time to trim down my team when Hugo announced the first deadline. I was at 40 riders at a cost of 8-9000 and I quickly had to cut things down. Had I gotten more time I would have probably dropped Kashechkin as well by december 31st.

Yeah thats why im looking at those 30 or so of us who did sent in their teams in that early period to see who comes out on top there because we were all at a disadvantage.

I think Moondance might be topping those standings atm, or at least was, though im not sure.

The Hitch said:
Yeah thats why im looking at those 30 or so of us who did sent in their teams in that early period to see who comes out on top there because we were all at a disadvantage.

I think Moondance might be topping those standings atm, or at least was, though im not sure.

I feel left out. I'm going to start a classification of my own, of people who were at a disadvantage because they just don't know enough about cycling and are kind of dumb in general. So far I'm the only one in the classification, but at least that means I'm leading.

Anyone else fit that criteria and want to join my sub-classification? Qualification: you must have fewer points than me.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

yeah it was a little hectic, I thought i missed out initially, had my pre-team selected, was unable to tweak (and had to fill in a few blank spots very quickly...). I surely would have dropped ricco and got meyer / langeveld ;)

skidmark said:
I feel left out. I'm going to start a classification of my own, of people who were at a disadvantage because they just don't know enough about cycling and are kind of dumb in general. So far I'm the only one in the classification, but at least that means I'm leading.

Anyone else fit that criteria and want to join my sub-classification? Qualification: you must have fewer points than me.

Personally i dont see what the above post gets you. So you act like a ***. why:confused: It gets you nothing.

A considerable number of people posted their teams with less, sometimes very little time to search. Over a third

Why is it for example that someone as knowledgable as hrotha doesnt have Haussler. Why is it that 90% of the people who found Cobo (who required time to find) had, well time. If you look through the thread youll find others.

In some cases, like mellow velo and timmy, essentially posting the drafts they had when they found they needed to post their teams right then.

How does it affect you in any way if we decide to scan through the scores and see how those of us with little time, are doing compared to eachother.:rolleyes:

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Personally i dont see what the above post gets you. So you act like a ***. why:confused: It gets you nothing.

A considerable number of people posted their teams with less, sometimes very little time to search. Over a third

Why is it for example that someone as knowledgable as hrotha doesnt have Haussler. Why is it that 90% of the people who found Cobo (who required time to find) had, well time. If you look through the thread youll find others.

In some cases, like mellow velo and timmy, essentially posting the drafts they had when they found they needed to post their teams right then.

How does it affect you in any way if we decide to scan through the scores and see how those of us with little time, are doing compared to eachother.:rolleyes:

I think it was a "joke". Chillout ;)

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
skidmark said:

Yeah well I might join you in that one but I'm not sure I qualify as I have gathered 1431 points somehow despite some very shaky selections - mainly due to lack of thought and time.
But I can guarantee i will podium in the main 2015 Qc rankings comp.

Its kind of funny that the last 60 entrants or so dont count apparently for the win lol -like they blatantly cheated or something. I admit I looked at a couple of teams posted here briefly and then ignored them in the main and proceeded to a pick a slighly lame team. ;)

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh no, they count for the overall but as they're not part of the "original 30" The Hitch isn't going to keep going on (and on and on) about them.

The Hitch said:

No interest in getting in a ****ing contest with anyone here, but I don't meet your early criteria, I didn't look at anyone elses team, and I constructed my team in 30 minutes by Vlookup-ing the 2008/9/10 scores to find value. Really not sure masses of time to invest in what really amounts to guessing would have been an advantage.

A

Anonymous

As an aside, velogames are back with their spring classics fantasy game.
http://www.velogames.com

you select a new team for each race.

there is a tsf mini league: 03173347

Might be worth setting up a cn forum mini league if anyone is interested.

The Hitch said:

Holy geez Hitch, I was just joking, trying to make fun of myself while at the same time poking a bit of fun at you for constantly bringing up the 'original' classification.

I have no problem with you making those comparisons. I don't feel like your reasoning for doing so has to be reinserted into the conversation all of the time, because it was legit the first time. So you can post those comparisons every week and that's cool, but that wasn't the point of my post. I was just trying to say 'shoot, I don't have a club I can put myself in (even though a few pages ago I invented the 'people who picked ricco' subclassification) so I'm gonna make a ridiculous one'. Anyway, it was an offhanded joke, no malice intended.

I'm sorry that the lightheartedness that I felt in making that post came across to you as serious, and it sucks that you felt like you had to call me names. I'll try to tread more carefully in the future.

sublimit said:
Yeah well I might join you in that one but I'm not sure I qualify as I have gathered 1431 points somehow despite some very shaky selections - mainly due to lack of thought and time.
But I can guarantee i will podium in the main 2015 Qc rankings comp.

That's okay, I give myself 1000 bonus points for my inflated sense of self-worth, so I guess that means anyone can join. The trophy is a TT helmet shaped like a dunce cap.

TRENDING THREADS