• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Crashes, what can be done?

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I could do one better that could honestly fix this whole mixup. Rewatching some old World Cup matches and David Beckham’s goal that shook the world against Greece. Anyways. Crazily enough. Five years later at the World Cup again. Zinedine Zidane decides to viciously headbutt Marco Materazzi in the chest. Materazzi crumpled to the ground. Unfortunately Materazzi did not have an airbag vest to deploy to protect his collarbone. Thankfully no collarbone injury occurred and in the face of Materazzi’s bravery. A red flag was awarded. And Materazzi would later walk away after despite the threat of an injury occurring. A true hero.

So as we can all concur, an airbag vest is not vital in every sport.

I see what you did there. ;)

As long as they don't use tractors. My uncle was run over by one as a child and hasn't been able to walk properly since, because the bones didn't heal correctly. But at least his collarbone wasn't permanently damaged.
And let's be honest: collarbones are more of a nuisance during injury recovery. Let's add a hinged, breakaway version so riders can reset it more quickly and get back into the sprint. If you're a pro, you know what I'm talking about.

100_4564.JPG

Just add one more seat for a GT.......the flag is ideal for the team sponsor

TRENDING THREADS