• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2012 stage 4, 53.5km, Villié-Morgon-Bourg-en-Bresse, ITT

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Stupid Schleck, he went for the Camelbak, should have gone for the bottle.

I missed his ride, but from 1 photo it looked like he had 2 disc wheels. no wonder he fell off in those crosswinds if that was the case.

adding a bottle to his side profile would have made it even worse heh.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Morbius said:
Are two disk wheels legal in a road TT?

They are under UCI rules (i.e. on closed roads). Not many do - it's immensely fast but handling is comprimised. I've ridden a grand total of 4 miles on a front disc, was passed by one car and the pull scared the hell out of me, even though I regularly race on 404 fronts. I've only seen a handful of people doing it - I think Bruseghin won the Italian National ITT on double discs a few years ago.

Schleck was not on double discs yesterday though.

TRENDING THREADS