• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 08/12 > 08/16/20

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider will surprise the most?

• Sepp Kuss

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Enric Mas

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Adam Yates

• Dylan Teuns

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Benoît Cosnefroy

• Guillaume Martin

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • other, French

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, non-French

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the moment Sagan is not at a peak... don´t know if he will be in form for the tour..
Bora had only Buchmann in the final group of 56 riders. Don´t know if Großschartner, Mühlberger and Kämna saved their energy or if it was really weekness.
I already wrote that yesterday - Bora's climbin does not really look good right now. They seem to be all behind where they should be right now (or maybe others are peaking too early). But maybe Buchmann will show some good climbing legs in the Dauphine.

Bora got some hype when Konrad and Mühlberger dominitad Sibiu (against weak competition) and Großschartner won the uphill sprint. But in fact all 3 didn't deliver when they faced stronger competition. They were way below their usual level. Same was true for Schachmann to some extent in Poland.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I could not watch the race, but looking at the results Impey is the one who surprised me the most. Valverde was a little bit better than I had expected, to be honest. Alaphilippe slightly disappointing. Otherwise not so many surprises, but, like I said, I did not watch it, so no context.

It was a weird and technical final stretch, so positioning was extremely important.

But yes, very impressive especially by Impey.

I could not watch the race, but looking at the results Impey is the one who surprised me the most. Valverde was a little bit better than I had expected, to be honest. Alaphilippe slightly disappointing. Otherwise not so many surprises, but, like I said, I did not watch it, so no context.

Impey's performance is no surprise on that type of parcours - This would also have been a nice finish for Matthews if he was in the race.

Reactions: movingtarget
I already wrote that yesterday - Bora's climbin does not really look good right now. They seem to be all behind where they should be right now (or maybe others are peaking too early). But maybe Buchmann will show some good climbing legs in the Dauphine.

Bora got some hype when Konrad and Mühlberger dominitad Sibiu (against weak competition) and Großschartner won the uphill sprint. But in fact all 3 didn't deliver when they faced stronger competition. They were way below their usual level. Same was true for Schachmann to some extent in Poland.

Kämna had a strong showing at Burgos. Mühlberger did well at Strade Bianche. Schachmann is in shape but he might not have his best climbing legs right now. I think they will be fine. Most likely they won't have to control the race like Ineos or Jumbo, they will be outsiders with not much expected of them.
If Buchmann is really challenging for the yellow jersey they might miss Majka or Konrad tho, their potentially two best climbers apart from Buchmann.

Who seems out of shape is Sagan, I don't expect much from him at the Tour, can't see him claiming another green jersey either.

Would still be shocked if Sagan didn’t win the Green Jersey barring a crash or DQ.

The most suited to challenge is Van Aert but he will be on a leash most days on team GC duty.

There are less sprints than usual and no obvious standout to sweep 4 stages and challenge that way.

Matthews isn’t there and I don’t see Kristoff or Degenkolb getting over enough lumpy obstacles to cash in on intermediate sprints.

If the scoring system was like the Vuelta then Pogacar would be a decent long shot pick.

If Movistar GC ambitions implode early is their any possibility Valverde could be tempted to have a crack at the points competition.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS