• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

a2FowgWf_400x400.jpg

FR-s3duXoAATTwr

1500x500

The TDF race before the actual TDF. The chance for most of Tour GC hopefuls to see where they stand. Pogacar however will do Tour of Slovenia, like last year.

Notable GC mentions: Roglic, Vingegaard, Enric Mas, Gaudu, Bilbao, O'Connor, Haig, Ayuso, McNulty, Kelderman
Notable sprinters: Wout, Groenewegen, Hayter, Laporte

Qpzra2q.png

3SYR9Ru.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN.

a5zVTI5.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

Last edited:
Stage 1»La Voulte-sur-Rhône›Beauchastel(191.8km)

dauphine-2022-stage-1-profile-819532e9b8.jpg

Stage 2»Saint-Péray›Brives-Charensac(169.8km)

dauphine-2022-stage-2-profile-45caf2dea9.jpg

Stage 3»Saint-Paulien›Chastreix-Sancy(164km)

dauphine-2022-stage-3-profile-01b8e7b0b9.jpg

Stage 4»Montbrison›La Bâtie d’Urfé(31.9km) ITT

dauphine-2022-stage-4-profile-0c5a34dcbb.jpg

Stage 5»Thizy-les-Bourgs›Chaintré(162.3km)

dauphine-2022-stage-5-profile-0772301aea.jpg

Stage 6»Rives›Gap(196.4km)

dauphine-2022-stage-6-profile-a1bf023397.jpg

Stage 7»Saint-Chaffrey›Vaujany(134.8km)

dauphine-2022-stage-7-profile-c0338bd1f3.jpg

Stage 8 (Final)»Saint-Alban-Leysse›Plateau de Salaison(139.2km)

dauphine-2022-stage-8-profile-6e2f950ecd.jpg

Stage 7 looks really good, but sadly it comes right before the hardest MTF of the race. Switch those 2 around (I know, it would be a monster transfer...) and it's a pretty awesome route.
I guess the story of the ITT will be Ganna once again underperforming after coming down from altitude, only to destroy everyone in Denmark a few weeks later...

Reactions: Sandisfan
what is with these routes lately? did the pandemic cripple these race organizers so much that they have to sell out to the highest bidding finish/start towns even more than previously? then again they certainly could've made a better stage into Gap. stages 5 and 6 are just brutally boring.

• Sad
Stage 7 looks really good, but sadly it comes right before the hardest MTF of the race. Switch those 2 around (I know, it would be a monster transfer...) and it's a pretty awesome route.
I guess the story of the ITT will be Ganna once again underperforming after coming down from altitude, only to destroy everyone in Denmark a few weeks later...
Stage 7 is almost the exact same as the Tour stage to AdH which I patently refuse to call by any positive terms.

what is with these routes lately? did the pandemic cripple these race organizers so much that they have to sell out to the highest bidding finish/start towns even more than previously? then again they certainly could've made a better stage into Gap. stages 5 and 6 are just brutally boring.
The bigger problem is that the pandemic has hit Ski stations both in France and Italy pretty hard and if they aren't willing to pay for stages you have a problem...
I still don't get how anyone thinks that showing those fugly French ski stations that look like a crime against humanity during the summer, without the snow at least partially covering up the mess, is a good idea and will bring more tourists during the winter. Maybe if you lean a lot into cycling tourism during the summer, like Sölden has also started doing over the last 5-10 years.

Reactions: Red Rick
The route seems a bit underwhelming. After several really good stages in the not highest mountains the later years, I don't see that this version has that kind of stage. Too bad. I like the use of the climbs north of Grenoble and in the northern part of the French Alps, from Saisies and further north/northeast. The central Alps is more than frequently enough used in the Tour.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS