• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2022, June 5 - 12

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great win for Ferron, not so great from his breakaway companions. To be fair, I can understand initially bluffing to make Bagioli chase, but once it was clear that he wasn't going to catch him they really should have woken up. Watching them look at each other with 300m to go was comical.

I hope people who support the breakaway versus the peloton in such stages remember this.

It happens way too often, i.e. the breakaway gets mugged by one guy who times the attack right whilst the others play silly games. It's not good entertainment.

I prefer a bunch sprint.

I hope people who support the breakaway versus the peloton in such stages remember this.

It happens way too often, i.e. the breakaway gets mugged by one guy who times the attack right whilst the others play silly games. It's not good entertainment.

I prefer a bunch sprint.
Disagree: it is the game of bluff, and gambling on who will make an effort, that makes cycling so different from any other endurance racing event.

Disagree: it is the game of bluff, and gambling on who will make an effort, that makes cycling so different from any other endurance racing event.

I've been watching this stuff since the mid 1990's & no, I don't enjoy cosy breakaway wins. Never did.

Give me the heart stopping drama of a bunch sprint going into the final few km's (preferably with some hapless breakaway guys caught almost on the line) any day over the stage we just witnessed.

• Love
Reactions: kingjr and gunara
Average speed was 44.9 kms/hr… Extremely high, for this profile, 3000 vertical meters, 197 kms…!

Second pro win for Ferron - and second time he wins in front of 2nd placed Rolland…

Molano vs Page: don‘t know why Molano punched him (several times). Page did a great race so far - I hope he‘s not intimidated now. I don‘t know what happened, and why there were beatings with the fist by Molano.

So is he a Sprinter? Or a Puncheur?

So Molano disqualified for punching Page. Apologized after.
Who was the UAE rider that went to calm him down?

Don't know, it could have been George Bennett, i.e. a man who this evening is probably thinking "what the hell?!" since he's so used to Zen Master Roglic at TJV.

TRENDING THREADS