• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bastille of Grenoble was a career defining moment for Bernard Hinault. He crashed on the descent of the Col de Porte and was still able to win at the Bastille.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDo11b0rFo

Was also one of the few races, where Merckx and Hinault raced against each other for the victory.

dauphine-2023-stage-8-climb-n6-e11c31f932.jpg
Didn’t realize the Bastille was that steep. That is one hell of a wall to go bike up.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Almost feels like Jayco is trying to punish Groenewegen and his teammates. Wonder if they have learned anything from last years master class. Chase all day. Try to bring Groenewegen back after he was dropped on a minor climb. Only to be dropped again.

Groenewegen managed to make it over some climbs at the Tour when you would not expect it because of the hard kms at the Dauphine. It's a good decision to send him here. It will also make time cuts easier for him at the Tour.

Almost feels like Jayco is trying to punish Groenewegen and his teammates. Wonder if they have learned anything from last years master class. Chase all day. Try to bring Groenewegen back after he was dropped on a minor climb. Only to be dropped again.
Jayco saw Dainese win a Giro stage after TOTA and Romandie and realised that the best GT build-up for your sprinter is racing only climbers race

It's Groenewegen who wants to ride Dauphine - The leaders at Jayco always choose their program - He's also riding Slovenia, however that seems to have three sprint stages - Personally, I'd have him ride the Brussels Classic and the ZLM tour, instead of overworking team-mates for one possible final which is stage one, but I am not Groenewegen.

It's Groenewegen who wants to ride Dauphine - The leaders at Jayco always choose their program - He's also riding Slovenia, however that seems to have three sprint stages - Personally, I'd have him ride the Brussels Classic and the ZLM tour, instead of overworking team-mates for one possible final which is stage one, but I am not Groenewegen.
Stage 1 looks too difficult for him really. Surely one team will attack those climbs. I'd be looking at Laporte or Hayter if it goes to a sprint

Curious if Gaudu can reach his Paris-Nice level again!
He needs to. Otherwise, the team will not put all of their chips on him in July. The French public loves Pinot. Sponsors want him, sell him, like it or not, Tibopino is the best gift to French cycling since Virenque,

Bottom line: David needs a great performance this week. Be competitive in the ITT. Make the team and the sponsors believe: he has a lot at stake.

Reactions: postmanhat
Jayco aren’t riding ZLM tour.

TRENDING THREADS