• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In retrospect, Jumbo might have been better off having Laporte lead out Vingegaard rather than the other way round, don't think anyone expected Laporte to have no sprint left in the legs though.
Vingegaard was really strong and almost paced his effort optimally, but in the end he ended up slowing down so Laporte started his sprint from too low a speed.

Now which French rider will win tomorrow?

dauphine-2023-stage-3-profile-n2-a0b548a691.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I was hopeful today for him, but alas. If teams drill it tomorrow on the shallow climb it can be difficult.

Today was 10 times harder than tomorrow and he actually did pretty good. That climb is also just not hard at all. It's long, but that because there's 5km of false flat in between 2 km's at 6%. I don't think he drops. No Ineos here to drill it for Hayter. Will have to come from Jumbo but I don't think they will. Full on bunchsprint tomorrow imo.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
In retrospect, Jumbo might have been better off having Laporte lead out Vingegaard rather than the other way round, don't think anyone expected Laporte to have no sprint left in the legs though.
That steeper section needed to be a little slower. Vingegaard isnt winning a sprint of 50 guys.
Vingegaard was really strong and almost paced his effort optimally, but in the end he ended up slowing down so Laporte started his sprint from too low a speed.
Laporte was fried. Getting beaten by guys like Carapaz doesn't come down to "starting speed too low". His kick was not there

TRENDING THREADS