• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Critérium du Dauphiné 2023, June 4 - 11

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
People are protesting against boring racing, race is neutralized.

"Reports of a demonstration now taking place with around 108 kilometres to go on stage 3. As a result, race organisers and commissaires agree that the peloton will be redirected down a different, alternative route for a short distance."

Fx8MillXwAAR_0R

The timing of the protest was... bizarre. I mean surely they could have picked a spot on the route where the race was televised?

You only need to check the tv guide to see the 'ideal' place to hold a protest would be in the final 70km or something, not 100km from the finish.

Not that I'm advocating protests of course (unless Rogla is losing a GT at which point go ahead mes amis, block the race for all I care), but if you're going to do something, I dunno, you might as well do it right.

People are protesting against boring racing, race is neutralized.

"Reports of a demonstration now taking place with around 108 kilometres to go on stage 3. As a result, race organisers and commissaires agree that the peloton will be redirected down a different, alternative route for a short distance."

Fx8MillXwAAR_0R
Correction: "the peloton will take another road at a slower pace than usual"

Reactions: Lequack