• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium du Dauphine 2014: Stage 1, (Lyon-Lyon TT 10,4 km)

This years Dauphine will start with a ITT in Lyon. Profiles bellow ;). Who is the favourites for the win, and between the GC contenders?

PROFIL.png

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
rune1107 said:
This years Dauphine will start with a ITT in Lyon. Profiles bellow ;). Who is the favourites for the win, and between the GC contenders?

The profile you provided doesn't work. Here it is:
PROFIL.png

Montee de l'Observance: 0.8 km @ 5.5%.

A near pancake-flat ITT with a bump at the middle, but still short to reduce gaps. If Froome gets it, it won't be that bad, there will be tons of opportunities for the contenders to win back time.

They'll have to go through a 1.7 km tunnel at the beginning of the stage, which looks like this:
1899758-le-tube-nouveau-tunnel-de-la-croix-rousse.jpg

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Contador to beat Froome.

That is brave.

I hope for Tejay to do good, maybe Talansky will too.
Froome? He will go full gas, I hope its not enough.

AC will do a top 5. lose 15 seconds tops.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If this is the old Contador he can win this especially with the little hill, it's not much but still better for him obviously.

Here's my go at a top ten for tomorrow.

Michael Kwiatkowski | Omega Pharma - Quick-Step
Christopher Froome | Team Sky
Alberto Contador | Tinkoff - Saxo
Wilco Kelderman | Belkin-Pro Cycling Team
Geraint Thomas | Team Sky
Tejay van Garderen | BMC Racing Team
Sylvain Chavanel | IAM Cycling
Vincenzo Nibali | Astana Pro Team
Daryl Impey | Orica GreenEdge
Jean-Christopher Peraud | AG2R La Mondiale

Less than 90 seconds to separate the top ten.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I would have liked to seen a longer flat TT in the race. Irrespective of what happens here we will be going into the Tour not knowing really what Contador's form is in this area. I know he did well in Pais Vasco but that was more or less similar to the one he finished 2nd in the Tour.

I'm still not sure Contador is on his previous level going into next month. A longer flat TT here(like last year but preferably even a bit longer) and we could gauge his his form better looking ahead, because really his last great performance on a course like that is still 3 years ago.

Thomas could be a good shout here.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Jack_89 said:
Impossible that Contador defeats Froome in flat ITT,he can only limit losses in few seconds (if 15s it will be a good result).

So, Froome FTW and Kwiat second

Not impossible. Contador is actually very good in short TTs when he is in good shape, and Froome is better in the longer ones. 15 second loss would be pretty bad for Contador.

the sceptic said:
Not impossible. Contador is actually very good in short TTs when he is in good shape, and Froome is better in the longer ones. 15 second loss would be pretty bad for Contador.

Flat ITT ? It's since 2009-2010 that he did not get good result :confused:

Something different for hilly ITT (Vuelta 2012, Tour 2013, Pais Vasco 2014) or MTT (Giro 2011).

I agree he's in good shape, but however it's insufficient to beat Froome from my point of view

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Jack_89 said:
Flat ITT ? It's since 2009-2010 that he did not get good result :confused:

Something different for hilly ITT (Vuelta 2012, Tour 2013, Pais Vasco 2014) or MTT (Giro 2011).

I agree he's in good shape, but however it's insufficient to beat Froome from my point of view

It seems you haven't watched the giro of 2011 correctly haven't you? Maybe forgot an ITT? And what about the tour of 2011?

Contador was still a beast in ITT in 2011.

Contador is really good in short TTs and the difference between him and Froome could be minimal (unless Alien breaks the sound barrier). Obviously I will cheer Kwiatkowski:

1. Kwiatkowski
2. Froome
3. Contador

Let the foretaste of this battle (Alien vs Predator) start.

Miburo said:
It seems you haven't watched the giro of 2011 correctly haven't you? Maybe forgot an ITT? And what about the tour of 2011?

Contador was still a beast in ITT in 2011.

oh yeah. I'd forgotten :p

however the issue doesn't change : for me he can't beat froome in flat ITT

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I pick Vorobyev as my dark horse. Rode already a good TT in Bayern Rundfahrt, and showed in the past he can cope with these shorter TT's as well.

I really hope his knee problems are behind him

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Jack_89 said:
oh yeah. I'd forgotten :p

however the issue doesn't change : for me he can't beat froome in flat ITT

The issue is that you were wrong besides an 10 km itt is way different than a 30k or longer one.