• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Criterium International - St 1: Porto Vecchio Col de lÂ’Ospedale, 176km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
One of the Columbia boys in Grabsch, Pinotti or Rabon will take the time trial.

Evans will be comfortably in there and put on yellow at the end of the day.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Fedrigo at the Dauphine 12km tt
64 Pierrick Fédrigo (Fra) BBox Bouygues Telecom 1.09

That was a hilly course which would of suited him. personally I think he will lose it. Especially on the flat sections of the course. Yes it is 1/4 less but on the flat parts especially I think he will lose it. I think rogers will have a good ride.

Paris - Nice, Prologue : Montfort-l’Amaury I.T.T. (8 km)

1. NED BOOM Lars RAB 10'56"
7. GBR MILLAR David GRM 11"
10. ESP SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel EUS 15"
16. USA HORNER Chris RSH 20"
23. POR MACHADO Tiago Jose Pinto RSH 26"
45. FRA FEDRIGO Pierrick BTL 33"

Here's a useful recent precedent, although the stakes are different, and the form seems to be different. So he's got 11" on Machado, 15" on Sanchez, Evans, Rogers, and 24" on Millar.

mmm I think he could do it, while wearing the yellow jersey. Him or Evans. Well, that's what I want to happen.

Oh! Evans will be breaking out the BMC Time Machine for the first time. I find that exciting.

Evans seemed excited to learn that Contador dropped a minute. He must rate his GC chances against riders other than Contador pretty high. I am tipping him.

Fedrigo pulled away nicely in the last 2K. He must be strong. With Evans luck, he'll beat the usual GC suspects in the ITT but still come in second overall. :p

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Fedrigo pulled away nicely in the last 2K. He must be strong. With Evans luck, he'll beat the usual GC suspects in the ITT but still come in second overall. :p

+1 Ooh la la, Fedrigo looked really strong, leading Machado up the climb and using small accelerations until he cracked. I felt he was doing it in a pretty big gear, too, but TBH I wouldn't be able to tell that. Le Nez fi Prez :cool:

peloton said:
Thanks, I was wondering why he looked like he was grasping for air, makes sense now.

Vino did look very strong, think he will do very well in the TT tomorrow, along with Millar, Evans and SS.

Yeh Vino FTW... He's got the TT in the bag already and I think an ATTACK in the final Kms could win him the flat stage too.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Yeh Vino FTW... He's got the TT in the bag already and I think an ATTACK in the final Kms could win him the flat stage too.

Oh yeah Vino- he was going to have this race to himself up until a week or two ago. Maybe he would have had a good shot, had he not been working for Bert. No offense to Bert- the team has it's priorities.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Contador dropped out of the CI. He has been having issues with his allergies and couldn't breath. It did seem he was spitting a lot. Allergies are pretty common this time of the year, wind and dry weather like Corsica only make it worse.

Race Radio said:
Contador dropped out of the CI. He has been having issues with his allergies and couldn't breath. It did seem he was spitting a lot. Allergies are pretty common this time of the year, wind and dry weather like Corsica only make it worse.

We found out one thing. Contador on a bad day with allergies still lost one fourth the amount of time that Cartstrong did.

Anyone know what the morning stage is going to be like? I imagine it will be a hectic affair with a higher risk of crashes than normal. Also, does anyone know what the wind forecast is like? Could we see one or more teams try to exploit cross winds? From what i can see there may well be a westerly which could come into play. I imagine everyone will be throwing every idea in at once.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about the weather, but the sprint could be scrappy, as there are no top sprinters there, and the stage is short- everyone could be up for it. Maybe a smaller conti team will get a result, as they won't have had other opportunities in this race.

About the only guy I recognised on the startlist as a sprinter was Cyril Lemoine, but maybe someone else can help me out there. Skil-Shimano will have riders that could win, won't they.

[edit] looks to be from the East at around 18 knots or 33km/h. the route is all coastal (pretty obviously).

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Calling BS on Alberto's tweet about "allergies".
His tweeted way too soon - like 20mins after the race.
Prepared in advance by his people?

Contador could have DROPPED everyone today.
With AUTHORITY!

But Alberto is dancing a fine line, almost looking Extra-Terrestial...
Lets not risk waking up the slumbering tongues that wag.
Anyone hear from LeMond since the court case?

waawaa.jpg

Wow, tell me you're not a troll? You're saying he wasn't drugged enough?

Do you have any allergies yourself? Try max effort with a serious allergy attack. Maybe on your next ride, put a clothespin over your nose and tell me how your max effort goes?

You're a friggen idiot.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Calling BS on Alberto's tweet about "allergies".
His tweeted way too soon - like 20mins after the race.
Prepared in advance by his people?

Contador could have DROPPED everyone today.
With AUTHORITY!

But Alberto is dancing a fine line, almost looking Extra-Terrestial...
Lets not risk waking up the slumbering tongues that wag.
Anyone hear from LeMond since the court case?

waawaa.jpg

Tweeted way too soon? He was talking about his allergies before the stage even started.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
no tienes a qué agarrarte

Race Radio said:
Tweeted way too soon? He was talking about his allergies before the stage even started.

What's your point? Runny nose, waawaa. weep face frownie.

Lance was talking about his runny squirts DAYS before Milan San Remo.
Race with a runny nose versus race with runny farts.

" ¡Oh!...my legs are retaining water"

Why did Alberto even START this race?
That is what Vino is thinking tonite.

serenity now Vino.

ATTACK later!

ALEXANDRE_VINOKOUROV_gallery__275x4.jpg

Polish said:

serenity now Vino.

ATTACK later!

I see that you've now decided you want to polish Vino'a
knob. I guess the old man couldn't get it up anymore so you went for the younger guy.

Problem is Vino himself isn't on form. He was injured at T-A and Is still targeting the Giro. So he probably would have gotten a similar result as he did today.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

serenity now Vino.

ATTACK later!

You may want to read your own post where you accuse AC of preparing he excuse in advance. He talked about how he had issues as soon as he got off the plane.

Armstrong did not have the squirts, he was doing one of his normal childish fits when RS was not invited to the Giro.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

serenity now Vino.

ATTACK later!

<Snipped for brevity>
Actually Lance pulled out the day before MSR - even though he appeared to enjoy his meal the evening before.

lancearmstrong Dinner @ home w/ @annahansen, @lukearmstrong, @gracearmstrong, and @bellaarmstrong. @maxarmstrong1 is racked out! Listening to @fleetfoxes.
2:13 PM Mar 18th via UberTwitter

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
I see that you've now decided you want to polish Vino'a
knob. I guess the old man couldn't get it up anymore so you went for the younger guy.

Problem is Vino himself isn't on form. He was injured at T-A and Is still targeting the Giro. So he probably would have gotten a similar result as he did today.

Excuse me, last time I checked Lance is going to WIN the Alberto vs Lance "Crit Int'l ShowDown".

Alberto DNF....Lance just needs to start stage 2...last one to DNF wins!

Hey, this very well could be the only time Lance beats Alberto in 2010.
I will take them any way I can get them, I'm not picky. WooHoo Hoo

Polish said:
Excuse me, last time I checked Lance is going to WIN the Alberto vs Lance "Crit Int'l ShowDown".

Um, yeah. Yay Lance! AC's allergies knocked him out of the race that's a win for you!!!!

The fat man wins! The fat man wins! Lance should retire while he's on a roll!

Dr. Maserati said:
Actually Lance pulled out the day before MSR - even though he appeared to enjoy his meal the evening before.

lancearmstrong Dinner @ home w/ @annahansen, @lukearmstrong, @gracearmstrong, and @bellaarmstrong. @maxarmstrong1 is racked out! Listening to @fleetfoxes.
2:13 PM Mar 18th via UberTwitter

Give it up, you'll never win with Polish the Knob.

Apparently, it's more honorable to feign a tummy ache and completely skip a race (while still managing to enjoy dinner with your family and participating in radio talk shows), than to:

1. Arrive at a race already suffering from a breathing difficulty
2. Own up to your responsibilities to sponsors, fans, and organizers to race
3. Hand it to your alleged "main opponent" to the tune of 3:00
4. Only after completing the stage, drop out due to allergies

It's like two kids who have a test in school. By Polish the Knob's standards, Contador should have followed LA's "Mommy, my tummy's sore can I stay home from school?" with "Mommy, my nose is runny, can I stay home from school?".

Problem is, Contador went to school, gutted it out, and only went home after he took the test.

Polish said:

650 posts and you still have no clue about cycling.

Just goes to show, as much as I admire and respect Neil Armstrong, it still doesn't make me a f***ing astronaut.

TRENDING THREADS