• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cro Race, Croatia 27.09-02.10

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
How long was Milan's sprint anyway? Like 300 mt?
Around 450-500m. He launched immediately after the corner that was 10-20m after the 500m sign, however, I think the sign was placed a little early as from his launch to the finish line was 27s which would only come out to 60 kph if he launched at 450m (on a somewhat downhill sprint) and even with the somewhat technical nature of the sprint that would be very slow.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and KZD
Around 450-500m. He launched immediately after the corner that was 10-20m after the 500m sign, however, I think the sign was placed a little early as from his launch to the finish line was 27s which would only come out to 60 kph if he launched at 450m (on a somewhat downhill sprint) and even with the somewhat technical nature of the sprint that would be very slow.
20m/s seems a realistic sprint average, making it 550 meters dash. Impressive.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The guy is super strong, get him on the right team and with a top level TT set-up and he's ready to take it to the next level.
Also would help a lot for sprints. Apart from TT's, there's basically no other part of the sport where aero matters more. Worth noting that for this sprint as well he had a not particularly well-fitting jersey from the organiser instead of the usual road suit.

I'm guessing he's already signed another contract with Bahrain though unfortunately, they've been really slow with their signing announcements but I'd expect an announcement that Milan and Bauhaus have been re-signed in the coming days.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS