• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cuisine Corner

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Fourier said:
The KFC Double Down:

kfc_double_down.jpg

I call it "The Widowmaker"
they don't sell that here. I wonder why?

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
For corn tortillas I buy the tostadas. I can break them and have with a sandwich or with salsa. cover them with red chile and make enchiladas.
I've never noticed how much they cost. and they keep well
The flour I get 22 6-7" tortillas for $13 pesos about a buck or when I'm lucky my neighbor brings me homemade.

A

Anonymous

beans

246nszq.jpg

I think these are now my favorite bean. Cook up very round and plump.

Mar 16, 2009
I used Progresso Tomato-Basil soup as the base for the sauce :eek: threw in some onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, and chicken. Over some nice Mostacholi.
Romaine, tomato, olive, cucumber salad with balsamic and olive oil dressing

DSCF2339.JPG

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Krebs or any other person who knows Mexican..do you have a recipe for Birria? I have a bunch of Halal markets near my place that have lamb and goat but I can't stand it unless it made with that awesome reddish broth that is pretty common in Northern Baja. I have never made it only eaten it. Anybody that has never eaten this stuff should try a cup or bowl in TJ it is really great. Everybody in NYC is from Puebla and the recipes are good but are not awesome

Mar 16, 2009
fatandfast said:
Krebs or any other person who knows Mexican..do you have a recipe for Birria? I have a bunch of Halal markets near my place that have lamb and goat but I can't stand it unless it made with that awesome reddish broth that is pretty common in Northern Baja. I have never made it only eaten it. Anybody that has never eaten this stuff should try a cup or bowl in TJ it is really great. Everybody in NYC is from Puebla and the recipes are good but are not awesome
yes Birria is so good.
Birria De Chivo Recipe - Goat Stew

3474164623_62ca4a272c_b.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Krebs thanks..I will get around to looking at the link but for now I can't take my eyes off the photo..Out of all Mexican soups I love Albondigas,but Menudo and Camarones rancharos,7 seas are up there..they say I live in a city that has everything but man I miss Mexicans. Screw AZ I will greet everybody that wants to move here with a big hug. Also this weeks fantastic find.. the donut/coffee cart near 38th and 9th has tamales chicken and cheese for a buck..

Mar 16, 2009
I couldn't take all the talk about Birria. Had to have some. This is from a little stand and it is all they serve. This was $4.00USD

DSCF2362.JPG

I had half for lunch today and will have the rest tomorrow. If it lasts:D

DSCF2366.JPG

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Krebs, your photos always leave me hungry.

I'm not much of a meat-eater so I suppose something would be lost, but just the broth for the birria sounds delicious.

Edit: Do you ever make tortillas? Or just wait for the home=made from your neighbors? I've been wanting to make my own for a while - do you have an authentic recipe?

Mar 16, 2009
elizabeth said:
Krebs, your photos always leave me hungry.

I'm not much of a meat-eater so I suppose something would be lost, but just the broth for the birria sounds delicious.

Edit: Do you ever make tortillas? Or just wait for the home=made from your neighbors? I've been wanting to make my own for a while - do you have an authentic recipe?

My neighbor works at one of the local restaurants making fresh tortillas. She is supposed to come over and show me how.

And yes the broth is the best part

And I am so happy with my new camera it takes great pics

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
I finished it off for breakfast.:D
Krebs, are quite a few of your dishes you have posted traditional mexican as some of the things on your pics look quite different to what I have seen before. Who cooks more in your household? You or your wife/partner (assuming your married)? Does your wife/partner find it odd that you take pictures of the meals you eat?

Susan Westemeyer said:
To get back to healthy foods: we had fresh Silver Queen corn and lima beans last night (with barbecued chicken). Yummmmmmmm

Susan

I thought the only thing you germans ate was Bratwurst, Black forest cherry cake and Sauerkraut!:D

TRENDING THREADS