• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DAOTEC ban

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Dao was the craziest dude on this board by a country mile and I will miss his absolutely impenetrable posting style and his eclectic and seemingly nonsensical use of smilies.

English obviously wasn't his first language, did anyone manage to figure out where he was from?

He split time between Mars and Uranus.

Jamsque said:
Dao was the craziest dude on this board by a country mile and I will miss his absolutely impenetrable posting style and his eclectic and seemingly nonsensical use of smilies.

English obviously wasn't his first language, did anyone manage to figure out where he was from?

I think at least one of the Dutchies was pretty sure they'd known him at another forum, a Dutch cycling forum, where he was known as RockRacing or some such.

The Hitch said:
The way he hyped up Colombians, especially in the TOur de la avenir, and broke into spanish occasionaly with "amigos" and "DAOTEC no habla ingles" i think he was from cyclings latin amercian homeland.
His Spanish seemed to be roughly on par with his English, so I always assumed he was a Dutchman of Colombian descent.

A

Anonymous

janraaskalt said:
The chances that those 2 nicks are not owned by the same person are equal to being involved in 2 unrelated plane crashes on the same day.

Ok. I cant actually work out what that sentance means. too many options for me. Theres no chance of being involved in 2 plane crashes, so that means there is no chance that not.. nah, **** it. I dont understand the sentance. :D

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
mmmmmm Well... yeah... He was pretty arrogant but other ppl in the forum is way more arrogant than him... His attacks against Susan were clear especially that one that said something like "keep it dry and clean"... I was like :eek: hahahaha

mmmmm his posts were easy to understand tho... I always thought that He was from Colombia because He used some words in spanish also for the horary when He posted...

But anyway... life goes on and ppl keep posting... everything is normal...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
I think at least one of the Dutchies was pretty sure they'd known him at another forum, a Dutch cycling forum, where he was known as RockRacing or some such.

Major Clue: Starts and feeds threads about a broad spectrum of people dying on and/or around bicycles.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
mmmmmm Well... yeah... He was pretty arrogant but other ppl in the forum is way more arrogant than him...

You understand he was perma-banned for making another username to circumvent a minor suspension.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Ok. I cant actually work out what that sentance means. too many options for me. Theres no chance of being involved in 2 plane crashes, so that means there is no chance that not.. nah, **** it. I dont understand the sentance. :D

:)

There is an incredibly small chance of being in those two plane crashes and there is the same chance that he is not both of those posters.

I think

Libertine Seguros said:
If we do it ourselves, we might not make as many mistakes.

His insisting that Safi-Pasta Zara were an American team that were disbanding (rather than an Italian team who were shifting their licence to America) still rankles with me. Even after I read the original article and realised they'd made a mistake which he had duly copied, he was downright insistent that I was wrong and had lost all of his respect because I dared to point out an inaccuracy in his post.

DAOTEC the messenger was a great poster to have around.
DAOTEC the interacter with other people was usually insufferable.

Ya, he was clearly the type of person who can't stand or even accept that he could get something wrong.

A

Anonymous

Martin318is said:

There is an incredibly small chance of being in those two plane crashes and there is the same chance that he is not both of those posters.

I think

So are they the same person or arent they? They are? I think?

The Hitch said:
But he was so blatant about it, its as if he didnt even know it was wrong.

the username in question had been around a while but only posted from time to time when Dao was unavailable. Sometimes he even used both at once strangely.

See post 28 and 29 in this thread. Nearly as weird as hog talking to himself. :D
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=407807#post407807

TeamSkyFans said:
the username in question had been around a while but only posted from time to time when Dao was unavailable.

My point is immediately after getting banned a new username comes in and starts posting the same things as DAOTEC in the same style as DAOTEC and has inside knowledge of DAOTEC's private messages.

He was basically shouting out loud "HEY IM DAOTEC, ive been banned so will post under this username".

Im saying its likely he didnt know it was wrong.

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
My point is immediately after getting banned a new username comes in and starts posting the same things as DAOTEC in the same style as DAOTEC and has inside knowledge of DAOTEC's private messages.

He was basically shouting out loud "HEY IM DAOTEC, ive been banned so will post under this username".

Im saying its likely he didnt know it was wrong.

Was a silly move. Either he didnt know the rules, or.. Dunno you could be right. But anyway. Hopefully after a few weeks they will let a new polite Dao back. He was bloody rude sometimes. (though thats not the reason hes banned obviously)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I find this exchange particularly amusing. :D

The Hitch said:
Also how long is our resident cycling messenger and cryptic poster out for?

SoloMono said:
You have been banned for the following reason:
Insulted other members even after having been warned several times the last few weeks

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-23-11, 11:00

TeamSkyFans said:
58390736.smiley_wave.gif
Hello Daotec
58390736.smiley_wave.gif

hrotha said:
Did he delete that post? The only one that's still there was posted days later and acknowledges it was a joke. I feel like I missed something great. :(
DAOTEC said:
Angel Vicioso (33) Androni Giocattoli-Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni bye, bye he want's to become a priest El “Padre” ÁNGEL VICIOSO, "si, habéis leído bien, lo que le ha llevado a rescindir su contrato con el Androni Giocattoli de Savio". We wish him well and gods blessing in his long journey to salvation. ***Venga va…. lo confesamos jeje Indudablemente es una inocentada, eso si, con el beneplácito de Ángel Vicioso.¡¡Gracias Ángel!![elpedalde]

Michele said:
That was a joke.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
we should have a delete your post DAOTEC style- game.

cat-big-headphones.gif

***OYE !!!! mis amigos!!! this post is deleted
0023.gif

We write for it February 16th

0080.gif

hahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.