• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Denis Galimzyanov provisionally suspended

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fetisoff said:
Maybe he was taking some Russian over-the counter supplement that just happened to contain EPO.

Or ate some tainted cow meat. Anyone seen any fast beef cows with endurance running around? :D (I have to keep it light on this kind of stuff anymore)

Seriously, though. It sucks for The Cossack and I liked him. I don't know if a "B" negative result has ever overturned an "A" positive. Most often not.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Seriously, though. It sucks for The Cossack and I liked him. I don't know if a "B" negative result has ever overturned an "A" positive. Most often not.

Can't think of any cases in cycling, unless you count Iban Mayo's as one

Kristoff says that Galimzyanov "seemed like a really great guy" and that he was one of his best friends on katusha (Galim was one of few guys on the team who spoke english well). But he also adds that the pressure put on Galimzyanov's shoulders was immense, considering he was Russia's main hope for the olympics.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
It's easy to throw no-name Russians and Spaniards under the bus. They pick on the less-worldly people who are less apt to hire big-gun lawyers and actually fight back. And they have less to lose.

^this. +1

goes down for the other half the peloton, aka, all at the pointy end. sorry Denis

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:

Indeed epic name. The weapon that won them the war against Germans in latter parts of the war :p

Katyusha.jpg

Shame about Denis, really liked him ; /

BotanyBay said:
It's easy to throw no-name Russians and Spaniards under the bus. They pick on the less-worldly people who are less apt to hire big-gun lawyers and actually fight back. And they have less to lose.

He isn't a ''no-name'' though. Far from it. Russia is a big part of the UCI's plans for the ''globalisation'' of cycling so it's a pretty big blow for the sport when that country's best sprinter and best hope for a medal in the Olympic Road Race gets busted.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Or ate some tainted cow meat. Anyone seen any fast beef cows with endurance running around? :D (I have to keep it light on this kind of stuff anymore)

If I remember correctly, Bo Hamburger, the first EPO-positive in cycling, got cleared on his B-sample. Fabrizio Guidi tested positive for EPO as well, that got overturned with his B-sample (he's working for Saxo Bank now).

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Big riders always get away with it. Apart from Contador, Basso, Valverde, Scarponi, Vino, Di Luca, Pellizotti, Dekker, Petacchi, Rasmussen, Ricco, Millar, Heras, Landis, Hamilton, etc.

There has never been a worse argument made.

Magnus said:
Yeah, pure doping. Couldn't be a combination of talent and hard work.

I'm telling you that i personaly know some athletes, and they are qualified for the Olympics, but don't have a shot at medal and they dope. So tell me what the best ones do? Also I said that they run 100m in 9.58, jump 8.95m in lenght, 2.40m in height...

rxgqgxnyfz said:
Kolobnev hasn't even had a single race day...

37897449d7d6.gif

This really shows you people for a bigots you are.

I am a bigot for thinking the majority of Russian, English, German, American, Belgian, French, Italian, Colombian etc. pro cyclists dope?
Really?
Or am I a bigot simply because I include one of your guys in my suspicions?
Hasn't even had a single race day? Why? Is that the only time doping works?
How about during preparation for racing? No benefit? OK.............

TRENDING THREADS