• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dertie Contador's allergies and his TUEs

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mrs John Murphy said:
I guess you weren't watching in 2004 now were you? Why has the story changed about Dertie's stroke/aneurysm? Funny how at the time EPO was mentioned a lot in relation to the cause of it and now that seems to have been deleted from history in favour of a nice genetic cause. Which also allows him a nice TUE. Double bonus.

You Dertie fanboys are as bad as the Armstrong fanboys.

Before initiating this thread did you even bother to research the subject of your venom? Do you mention who was mentioning EPO in relation to the cause and whether this source was at all credible? Man you must love cancer.;)

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
So the fact that there is a risk of a certain affliction in his family that is evidenced by his younger brother and by Contador's cerebral hemmorage (sp)
and the medication and regular check ups that are necessary to monitor his condition leads you to believe that he must be on the juice using the TUE as his cover?

Yes, that is what he is saying.

And now the ski mask makes sense.

auscyclefan94 said:
I made a similar thread but got completely shut down. Proves my point I guess.

Anyway, if Lance put his bad days on allergies we would be saying it is an excuse for bad performance. When it's conti's turn to make an excuse we strongly defend him on here.

I would almost guarantee your thread was motivated more by another loss to those "filthy" Spaniards by your hero than by any facts or substantiated suspicions on your part but its good you have found someone to share your pain.;)

Mrs John Murphy said:
Well done, you can use the bold and font feature. Neither Contador nor his team are officially going to say that it was caused by EPO now are they, nor are they going to say that he takes various meds for performance reasons.

I'm not a fan of any particular rider, but I'd love to hear how Contador's story has changed across time.

Mrs John Murphy said:
Well done, you can use the bold and font feature. Neither Contador nor his team are officially going to say that it was caused by EPO now are they, nor are they going to say that he takes various meds for performance reasons.

But somehow, someway, you personally know the truth?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
But somehow, someway, you personally know the truth?

Not to deter anyone from their personal battles but Ripper is right. Since when does a twig thin climber when a 6.8km prologue? Not that the plate in his head relates to anything as that's a pretty dated, irrelevant point. What's going on now?

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
Not to deter anyone from their personal battles but Ripper is right. Since when does a twig thin climber when a 6.8km prologue? Not that the plate in his head relates to anything as that's a pretty dated, irrelevant point. What's going on now?

contador was always highly regarded as a time trialler since his early years

winning a 6.8km tt could be considered surprising but have a look at his competition, not exactly the cream of the crop at the DL this year

Oldman said:

The cat 4 climb and 1 KM of false flat made it a course good for AC. He won by a whopping 2 seconds. He was fastest at the top of the climb. That being said, he's always been a good TT'er check his palamares (sp) since he was a neo-pro.

Here's the profile:

PROFIL.gif

Publicus said:
The cat 4 climb and 1 KM of false flat made it a course good for AC. He won by a whopping 2 seconds. He was fastest at the top of the climb. That being said, he's always been a good TT'er check his palamares since he was a neo-pro.

I find it fascinating that you can let Dopador fly yet anyone else are dopers.........guess what........they all are dopers at the top of the sport

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok your starter for 5...Contador's 1st win as a pro was

1) Mountain top finish
2) A field sprint
3) A ITT
4) game 7 of the 2003 WS. For the record the (Florida)Marlins beat the evil empire(New York Yankees) in 6

For the record I'm a fan of Contador(plus several other riders, Baby Schleck, Gesink f/e) but I wouldn't be shocked if he or any other rider I like got busted for doping.

Wheels Go Round and Round said:
it still doesn't mask the fact he's a doper

He's a doper no doubt, but so is your hero and the rest of the top guys. If you just plain don't like the guy, then fine. But if the only reason you don't like him is b/c he's doping, then open your eyes.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
sartoris said:
Man (or woman), you should get a life. I can't understand how anyone, man, woman or in-between can find the time to write as much as you do about this topic. If you're being paid for all your research, that would be a reasonable explanation. Otherwise, I think you have a serious problem.

It's called misdirection. If you don't want the focus in one place you make a big fuss somewhere else. This thread is a waste of space. Whether or not AC is doping these TUEs are irrelevant. A lot of these medications are unlikely to be beneficial to performance. In fact AC probably has to dope just to counteract the deleterious effects of all the other crap.

La Vie Claire said:
He's a doper no doubt, but so is your hero and the rest of the top guys. If you just plain don't like the guy, then fine. But if the only reason you don't like him is b/c he's doping, then open your eyes.

I have said ALL THE TOP GUYS ARE DOPING>...............that includes Armstrong............ EVERY ONE OF THEM DOPES.............

La Vie Claire said:
Sorry, missed that part.

no worries...........it's the sadness of our sport
might be better to make doping legal.........

I think it will have the opposite effect. Guys will start dying like mad and eventually it will swing the other way..........just kidding everyone........

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Rather than speculate can't you simply find out what TUE's Contador has..then work in reverse.
This does seem like a bit of a micky mouse tangent.
There is enough dirt to cover the whole lot of them.
Vague conjecture is not necessary.

Publicus said:

Yuppers, I checked that out before posting. A 110 meter climb in 2.8 km ... a shave under 4% grade. These are the things folks who focus on prologues love. By many a pros standards, this is not even a climb :p The next thing you know, if AC Dopador wins a flat stage with a speed bump in it in a bunch kick, the climb will justify him winning it :eek:

Anyhoo. You can disagree with me all you want, but it still is much more proof to me of AC's 'preparation' than any of the silly stuff the strange man with the nylons over his head was suggesting.

TRENDING THREADS