• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Di Luca tests positive for EPO in OOC test.

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
"aren't they going to ride him down after all the previous crap he has brought to their doorstep"?
obviously Robert Millar is a legend- but what is he on about? it's the riders who complain about doping that get 'ridden down' not the other way round. ..

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Kyklos & di Luca

Can I remind all you clinicians that Di Luca has a significant stake in the Kyklos bike company and can I ask you all to save some of your posting energy to post everywhere: DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE BRAND! Sorry for shouting but we have to shout this message to get it through to all cyclists including clinicians (if they indeed have time to ride!)

Ian (Proud owner of 1 infraction point for being honest in the Clinic! Never realised that it wasn't allowed!)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
ianfra said:
Can I remind all you clinicians that Di Luca has a significant stake in the Kyklos bike company and can I ask you all to save some of your posting energy to post everywhere: DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE BRAND! Sorry for shouting but we have to shout this message to get it through to all cyclists including clinicians (if they indeed have time to ride!)

Ian (Proud owner of 1 infraction point for being honest in the Clinic! Never realised that it wasn't allowed!)

So you've never done anything wrong in your entire life, and feel the best way to treat someone who has, is to deprive not only them, but anyone associated with them in that bike company from income.

Gotcha.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
ianfra said:

Man, this is truly despicable of you.

Congratulations for dropping even farther than I ranked you.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
No I think that's fair enough. Force Di Luca out of cycling completely. It's only punishing those who are in business with Di Luca as long as they choose to remain in business with Di Luca.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
UlleGigo said:
No I think that's fair enough. Force Di Luca out of cycling completely. It's only punishing those who are in business with Di Luca as long as they choose to remain in business with Di Luca.

Complete and utter nonsense... what the hell is wrong with you guys.

1. If we talk about due proces, lets wait the contra-expertise.
2. Danilo did the crime, not the partners in a cycling company

Despicable show of character here, really the lowest of the low sentiments on display.

ianfra

BANNED
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
UlleGigo said:

Thank you Sean. To the other posters I believe what I propose is fair comment. Reformed dopers such as Miller have tried to make a difference. DiLuca, a spoilt and rich kid from a wealthy background, does not understand that being convicted of doping on more than one occasion really means that he will be under the cosh from those who do not want this scourge in our sport.
As much as I despise DiLuca and his ilk, I draw a parallel between him and those in the Clinic who insist on accusing riders of doping when they have no evidence. That's what a poster meant when he said that I cannot sink further (not farther!!!) in his estimation. I don't care.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
So you've never done anything wrong in your entire life, and feel the best way to treat someone who has, is to deprive not only them, but anyone associated with them in that bike company from income.

Gotcha.
i would not invoke any libertarian philosophy or property rights if there was a boycott of trek

like they f@cked over LeMond with his bikes... and SRAM and any other brand that has chosen to endorse Armstrong

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If you chose not to buy equipment, clothing etc that had at one time being endorsed by a doper or a doper had been involved in the company/development you would have very little choice in products!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SundayRider said:
If you chose not to buy equipment, clothing etc that had at one time being endorsed by a doper or a doper had been involved in the company/development you would have very little choice in products!
armstrong is a unique case.

di luca, i think it would be a pretty hairbrained protest like you imply ;)^

Sep 29, 2012
ianfra said:
Thank you Sean. To the other posters I believe what I propose is fair comment. Reformed dopers such as Miller have tried to make a difference. DiLuca, a spoilt and rich kid from a wealthy background, does not understand that being convicted of doping on more than one occasion really means that he will be under the cosh from those who do not want this scourge in our sport.

Miller was a spoilt and rich kid from a wealthy background too, what's your point?

There are people who have jobs in that bicycle company - you know, painters and welders and sources of parts, etc. It's not just rich people.

Sep 29, 2012
blackcat said:
i would not invoke any libertarian philosophy or property rights if there was a boycott of trek

like they f@cked over LeMond with his bikes... and SRAM and any other brand that has chosen to endorse Armstrong

Agreed, but Trek were doing the deed directly, even if it was influenced. Completely different scenario, IMO.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
To see Ianfra who rails so hard against the mob mentality and so called Libel to argue for hurting innocent people, something which is far beyond any normal justice proofs his blinkers.

Your standards are deep in the gutter Ianfra. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

ianfra said:

lol, are you serious?

Di Luca is just a clown in a circus. Over the long run he will just be a blip on the radar and soon forgotten.

As long as he stays away from cycling team management, DS jobs etc, he should be able to do whatever job is available. Owner of a bike company, cafe waiter, garbage collector or public toilet cleaner, I mean who cares.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Agreed, but Trek were doing the deed directly, even if it was influenced. Completely different scenario, IMO.
I disagree.

SRAM and other bike firms, would know of Armstrong's influence. If any operator creates a problem with their distribution network, being in orbit Armstrong, is a key advantage lever to pull.

Anyone who has done business with Armstrong over the last 8 years knew how he operated and screwed LeMond.

SRAM did not screw anyone. But they looked to buy into that ethic and potential advantage

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
ianfra said:

Grazie, I now know what my next bike will look like:
http://www.kyklosbike.it/web/?page_id=197
killer_nera2ANT.jpg

The Kyklos Killer Black.

:D

ianfra said:

Di Luca is very wealthy and influential man in cycling.

He's not stupid. Cycling is his hobby. Investment is his game.

Fingers in many pies.

Will you stop buying Toni & Guy hair are products?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts