• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Do you believe anyone is clean?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
beroepsrenner said:
You underestimate the ability of the human body to heal itself, especially that of a supremely fit athlete. I once sustained a multiple fracture of the ankle. Indoor trainer in 2 weeks, on the road in 3 and racing again in 5 weeks. Long before doping came into my career!!
i have to agree. i got hooked in a last lap crash and ended up in intensive care.
i did not get to nationals a week later, but was on the trainer. 6 weeks later
racing again. and VDV and those guys get the best physio people you can find.
i did not use any PED's.:cool:

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:

please, never say !!!

having been on a few forums the mystique is sufficient for the joy the curiousity offers

but there are too many people who use a persons honesty and openness and exploit it and abuse it, sometimes for the sale of a paragraph in an irrelevent article. it just burns people and ruins what can come from their continuing insights and contributions

don't ask...don't tell!

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:

Nice try! :D
If I divulged my identity I would probably lose a lot of friends that I raced with as not everyone is comfortable with being open about doping. Most are not proud of what goes on but choose to be a part of it as I did in an attempt level out the playing field.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
beroepsrenner said:
Nice try! :D
If I divulged my identity I would probably lose a lot of friends that I raced with as not everyone is comfortable with being open about doping. Most are not proud of what goes on but choose to be a part of it as I did in an attempt level out the playing field.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are you currently still in the peleton or have you retired? I'm not interested in speculating on your identity, just interested in what era you were exposed to doping and whether you have knowledge of what's currently going on.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
red_explosions said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are you currently still in the peleton or have you retired? I'm not interested in speculating on your identity, just interested in what era you were exposed to doping and whether you have knowledge of what's currently going on.
I'd leave the issue. The backlash against some former pros in the Netherlands has been quite harsh.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
red_explosions said:

My exposure to doping was from 1982 to 1988. No form of blood boosting was used, only the old school stuff. Steroids, testosterone, amphetamines etc. I was last tested in 92 which was 12 months after retiring from pro racing. My only knowledge of current practices are only 2nd hand and not familiar with the latest developments.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
1. He's not doping, he's such a nice guy and he says he doesn't like dopers! (like Tyler Hamilton, or Bernard Kohl)
2. He's not doping, look at how much he suffers when he rides! (like Francisco Mancebo)
3. He's never had a positive test (like Ivan Basso, or Jan Ullrich, or...).
4. He's got a wife and children (like Kayle Leogrande).

As to Wiggins. As I said before, by all logic, even with the weight loss, and concentrating on the Tour, being in his prime, etc, if he's clean, he really should finish many, many minutes back in Paris. Like, even with this boring risk-free Tour, an hour back or so. But if you see him on the Ventoux trying to hold his top-10 place, I'd be pretty suspicious.
You reckon Wiggo is a booster Alpe? Prior to Stage 17 I was pretty much convinced, but now I'm not sure. Trouble is, if he's clean, does that make 5th and below clean as well? If not, how's he doing it? Over here in the UK he's pretty much regarded as Mr Anti-Doping. I'd like to believe but I just dunno if I can buy it.

TRENDING THREADS