• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Does ASO Ban Froome?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
you sure

The Hitch said:
Hrotha has been trying to get Contador banned from the sport since before any sky fan even knew what cycling was.

hitch i had seen cycling images on tv probably before you were even born

itv world of sport on a saturday afternoon i recall barry hoban fast eddy
and hennie kuiper in PR

being clever is one thing but stick to the facts

Mark L

Alphabet said:
That's unfair, to say that people target Froome/Sky because they're 'butthurt Contador fans'. I like Contador, certainly, but that he isn't winning makes no difference to my opinion of Froome. Even when he crushed Froome at last year's Vuelta, I was still convinced Froome was doping.

Its like saying people who dont want any cheating, doping and a fair sport free from drugs doesnt exist. And that certain riders cant be suspected unless they havent been caught in a test. Lets forget what happened in the Armstrong-affair and pretend everything is sorted out. This is how the Omerta is adopted and established within the fanbase.

But the Skyborgs needs riders like Contador and Valverde. Because in that way they can shift the limelight from their guy (because he has never failed a test) and discuss how much they are against doping unless, of course, it is the "wrong guys" who are on the juice.

who

No_Balls said:
But the Skyborgs needs riders like Contador and Valverde. Because in that way they can shift the limelight from their guy (because he has never failed a test) and discuss how much they are against doping unless, of course, it is the "wrong guys" who are on the juice.

who gives a XXXX what the mysterious 'skyborgs' are thinking what counts
is what froomey is doing

i wonder how the tt will pan out today..............surely? he can't beat
tony martin

i expect something more 'human' looking perhaps? 30 secs behind

Mark L

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So does Froome getting 2nd in the time trial to Martin mean he is not cheating....or did he pretend to run out of gas on purpose at the end to look more clean?

Bah, if only Menchov were here this race would be worth watching.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
So does Froome getting 2nd in the time trial to Martin mean he is not cheating....or did he pretend to run out of gas on purpose at the end to look more clean?

Bah, if only Menchov were here this race would be worth watching.

Wind change. Froome had a headwind, Martin didn't.

Sagan reference from another thread, but hey..

Netserk said:
hulk-02-2.jpg

Chris Froome decides to body remodel in 2019 after his 17th GT win ready to push his 300 x 8 gear for the hour record

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
lemoogle said:
Contador did not "crush" anyone at last year's vuelta, he was probably the 3rd strongest rider there. This made his win quite exciting I'd be honest.

He finished over 10 minutes ahead of Froome, regardless of the fact that Valverde and Purito looked stronger than him. If that's not a crushing then I don't know what is.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Alphabet said:
He finished over 10 minutes ahead of Froome, regardless of the fact that Valverde and Purito looked stronger than him. If that's not a crushing then I don't know what is.

shhhh

others are allowed to finish 10 minutes ahead except froome, cause his killing the show :D

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Froome looks like finishing 10 minutes ahead of second place. Contador finished 10 minutes ahead of fourth place, and additionally, had two others finish roughly within a minute and a half of him. 3 riders on another planet in a race is better than 1.

You guys can make all sorts of arguments and reasoning.

For me though, all I have to do is look back to Wednesday TT. Stickman almost beats Tree-trunk-thigh Panzerwagon in a 30k pancake TT in gale force wind conditions.

I've been watching cycling a good 30 years. I've seen dopers come and go, and I've even cheered a couple of them on. This though I fear may be the straw that broke the camels back. Feels like we're back in 99. Everyone thought cycling was on the right track after the Festina mess. I don't think I can muster the will to go through a decade of that crap again.

Alphabet said:
Froome looks like finishing 10 minutes ahead of second place. Contador finished 10 minutes ahead of fourth place, and additionally, had two others finish roughly within a minute and a half of him. 3 riders on another planet in a race is better than 1.

I know it's like a Basso Giro 06 sequel. Now that's a real crushing. Yet we know what came about...

Carstenbf said:
You guys can make all sorts of arguments and reasoning.

For me though, all I have to do is look back to Wednesday TT. Stickman almost beats Tree-trunk-thigh Panzerwagon in a 30k pancake TT in gale force wind conditions.

I've been watching cycling a good 30 years. I've seen dopers come and go, and I've even cheered a couple of them on. This though I fear may be the straw that broke the camels back. Feels like we're back in 99. Everyone thought cycling was on the right track after the Festina mess. I don't think I can muster the will to go through a decade of that crap again.

Exactly. Panzer with no headwind was losing time at intermediate checks to the Skyborg. Skyborg had to slow down in the last few kilometers to avoid making this look ridiculous. Tony Martin's expression while watching Froome was that of Linda Hamilton seeing the Terminator for the first time.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Exactly. Panzer with no headwind was losing time at intermediate checks to the Skyborg. Skyborg had to slow down in the last few kilometers to avoid making this look ridiculous. Tony Martin's expression while watching Froome was that of Linda Hamilton seeing the Terminator for the first time.

Which part of the course did the headwind strengthen on, if it was at the very end, then the wind would have (to some extent) been stronger behind Froome earlier on, I don't know for certain, but you can't have no wind for Martin at the end and a similar tailwind on earlier parts of the course in comparison to Froome.

Moose McKnuckles said:

Haha. So true. Martin beat Froome Dog off the chain at the 2012 Olympics though. Still NOT NORMAL.

Veloclinic's analysis of the tailwind hypothesis. http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/5...de-france-stage-11-tt-search-for-the-tailwind

The process behind the summary may be problematic, but I don't know the details of why that would be.

TRENDING THREADS