• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 113 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So now we are including all types of cheating? I don't favor this. Motor doping sure. But not this data doping,
I think of it just as a clinic euphemism that has a little humor to it, but that doesn’t mean you or others should use that term if it doesn’t seem to fit. IfI was talking with friends I probably wouldn’t use the term doping because it might be confusing. But they are probably confused whenever I talk about cycling anyways ;)

Reactions: Cookster15
Reactions: Tricycle Rider

Wow!...The 5k National Champion! Caught using a super-charged growth hormone!

Some things never change with Spanish doping. Lol.

• Wow

Wow!...The 5k National Champion! Caught using a super-charged growth hormone!

Some things never change with Spanish doping. Lol.
Wow, indeed. Surprisingly high number of busts (for PEDS or whereabouts) T&F in the last year or so, and they’re not just lower tier competitors.

Sorry, I hadn't received the memo.

It does sound like there was quite a lot of wind during the event, so I'm not sure it will get ratified. The fact that nobody has ever had 6 throws above 70 metres in one competition before should probably be enough evidence to void the result.
I think you’re right, especially given that all the throws were huge. I had never thought about wind-aided in the throwing events. But of course it would matter most in the discuss with the flatter surface area.

When you’re the best in the world and say point blank in an interview that you think doping is currently a major problem in the sport, how can anyone think you’re clean?
You're either very confident in your talents...or very confident in the public's inability to see what's going on.

But yeah, if I was this guy's pal, I'd tell him to please stop saying things like this to the press!

Jurgen Schult's record was one of the best in any sport in history, his technique is incredible to watch, juiced to the gills on some of that good East-German sh*t of course, they all ended up falling apart due to Turinabol abuse, I can't believe it was beaten.

I still think El Guerrouj's 1500m is the greatest, perhaps the Women's 100m, but there were question marks about wind speed iirc.

Reactions: Sciatic
Jurgen Schult's record was one of the best in any sport in history, his technique is incredible to watch, juiced to the gills on some of that good East-German sh*t of course, they all ended up falling apart due to Turinabol abuse, I can't believe it was beaten.

I still think El Guerrouj's 1500m is the greatest, perhaps the Women's 100m, but there were question marks about wind speed iirc.
Koch.

Reactions: Tim Cahill