• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping In Athletics

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
Mayomaniac said:
Apparently Alex Schwarzer got busted once again.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Atletica/21-...sca-trovato-ancora-positivo-16061486727.shtml
They say that they restested a sample that was taken on the first of Janury on the 12th of May, 4 days after he qualified for the olympics, and it came back positive, apparently some sort of anabolic steroid.

he was tested on Jan 1st and nothing was found
the same sample was RE-tested on May 12 and it came back positive

all the other tests he did this year, between Jan 1 and May 12 were ok.

I think they'll go with the lab mistake excuse?

It could be the case that the retest was done at a different lab, with more sensitive equipment.

That being said, I'm not sure why they would retest it at all. It's not like it was part of an mass-retest put on by the IOC.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
And rightly so.
Think about it: proven doping enablers and facilitators (IAAF) decide to ban dopers.
In a parallel universe where justice is still a meaningful concept, this should be a slam dunk case for the Russian athletes.

It's a smorgasbord of dopers in US track&field Olympic trials here in Eugene for the next 10 days... will not pay to attend. But hey, I still like my girl Allyson Felix. (The 400m is a *** of a run no matter how you cut it. So I can understand why you would want to do a little bit of extra "extra". [Doesn't mean I condone it, but I can understand.])

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

The Hitch said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyqAD5Z6_A

Humour seems to be aimed at 10 year olds, but in any case, its good to see a youtube channel with a few million subscribers post this kind of view, and point out just how week anti doping is.
Good find ! agreed good to see a channel showing how *weak anti doping is :)

Re: Re:

noddy69 said:
The Hitch said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyqAD5Z6_A

Humour seems to be aimed at 10 year olds, but in any case, its good to see a youtube channel with a few million subscribers post this kind of view, and point out just how week anti doping is.
Good find ! agreed good to see a channel showing how *weak anti doping is :)

Shame though that they missed out on one of the major issues in doping vs anti doping.

I saw a youtube video of a political discussion show in Australia from a few years ago. There were a lot of creationists and people were saying even the PM is a creationist. Anyway one thought led to another and I remembered this is the same country where a lot of people actually believed Cadel Evans was clean. Only, not only did they believe he was clean, but journos and commentators abused their power to make it out like this was this proven anti doping warrior who's cleanliness could never be in doubt. They never had a single argument to back that up besides - he's ozzie and i like him. In fact as the years gone by and weve seen just how rife doping was in his time and all the riders and dss he had were dopers, it becomes clear what Evans was as well.

But he got to ride around being called clean by thousands of fans. All because ozzie journos had power to spread a lie like that. Really sad but that's your major anti doping block right there. We see it accross every sport.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Bromell did 9.86 in the semi. The final could be even quicker if Bromell pushes Gatlin hard. Will be interesting to see the time there.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
Gatlin thanked God after his 9.80 victory, that should have him protected through the Olympics :surprised:

Bromell 9.84. I think that equals his PB. Only a matter of time before he goes under 9.80.

BTW, the women's were even just as quick. Top 3 all under 10.80.

Some serious times are being done over there.

thehog said:
Gatlin thanked God after his 9.80 victory, that should have him protected through the Olympics :surprised:
Sounds like Bolt may be doing another Lazarus story.

After last year where they let Gatlin win all the meaningless races then had Bolt "save the sport", I think they want him to "save the sport" again, only at the olympics so even bigger.

We'll even have the narrative that thanks to the virus and everything, this is the "worst olympics ever" but then the penultimate Friday of the games, Bolt will turn up, everyone talking about his injury. He'll even run a weaker heat.
Steve Scam and co will build it up as the one chance to save the olympics. Bolt has to win or the olympics are finished for ever. But its impossible cos Bolt is injured and only has willpower, while Gatlin has been winning and has drugs.

Then Bolt wins, just like last year, saves the olympics and the world and the whole world rejoices again.

The Hitch said:
thehog said:
Sounds like Bolt may be doing another Lazarus story.

After last year where they let Gatlin win all the meaningless races then had Bolt "save the sport", I think they want him to "save the sport" again, only at the olympics so even bigger.

We'll even have the narrative that thanks to the virus and everything, this is the "worst olympics ever" but then the penultimate Friday of the games, Bolt will turn up, everyone talking about his injury. He'll even run a weaker heat.
Steve Scam and co will build it up as the one chance to save the olympics. Bolt has to win or the olympics are finished for ever. But its impossible cos Bolt is injured and only has willpower, while Gatlin has been winning and has drugs.

Then Bolt wins, just like last year, saves the olympics and the world and the whole world rejoices again.

Can it be this Bolt?

Characters_bolt.jpeg

It would be more believable.

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I saw a Usain Bolt advert yesterday which Im having trouble finding. It was bolt talking over the images with things like "People said I was too talk to run, i ran. people said i partied too much, I ran" Would love to find it again as it totally smacks of "what am I on? Im on my bike busting my ass" and I'd love to show it to some people. Cheers.

I'm hoping you all caught the Kenyan sports agent arrest. This is rumored to implicate some 20 unnamed athletes, two British.

BTW the 30 or so athletes rumored to be at Aden's doping camp have never been identified. Once again, Mo Farah in a dodgy situation with his association with Aden. British Athletics assures us Aden only operated the stopwatch for Mo.

I hope the 3 Brit athletes will be named soon (ie. before the Olympics).

To cheer you all up, if you want to see some athletics which is most likely clean, here's the action from the English Schools champs on Saturday. http://www.runjumpthrow.com/videos/19196

For those T&F fans interested in seeing potential middle distance stars of the future, the U15 boys race, rather freakishly, featured the two fastest U15 boys of all time (on the UK lists...but they are both also very close to world age group record) going head to head for the first time .... probably their first clash of many. Their race, and it's a cracker, is at 03:05:00.

Did anybody catch Kendra Harrison's world record in the 100m hurldes the other day? One of the longest standing track and field records (set by a Bulgarian in 1988) was finally broken. Harrison isn't even going to the Olympics. Obviously she didn't place in the top 3 at US Nationals, but when was the last time a world record holder wasn't going to the olympics (injuries/suspensions/illness aside)?

Breaking a Bulgarian held world record in the 100m hurdles, one that stood for 28 years, having withstood thousands of attempts by not-so-clean top of the rankings, world class runners, is slightly suspicious, is it not?

May 26, 2016
Visit site
BullsFan22 said:
Did anybody catch Kendra Harrison's world record in the 100m hurldes the other day? One of the longest standing track and field records (set by a Bulgarian in 1988) was finally broken. Harrison isn't even going to the Olympics. Obviously she didn't place in the top 3 at US Nationals, but when was the last time a world record holder wasn't going to the olympics (injuries/suspensions/illness aside)?

Breaking a Bulgarian held world record in the 100m hurdles, one that stood for 28 years, having withstood thousands of attempts by not-so-clean top of the rankings, world class runners, is slightly suspicious, is it not?

But she's American. Cleans.

TRENDING THREADS