• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in other sports?

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Weird that MLB players are using Boldenone = Equipoise; a veterinarian anabolic steroid primarily used to treat horses. Lol

From my understanding, it's similar to testosterone with a small modification making it a little less androgenic & estrogenic. But it has a long half-life (14 days) & can be detected up to one year after a last use.

Historically, most of the anabolic steroid pops in MLB have been for Winstrol - an oral compound extremely popular with T&F athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters, and has a short detection window.

Weird that MLB players are using Boldenone = Equipoise; a veterinarian anabolic steroid primarily used to treat horses. Lol

From my understanding, it's similar to testosterone with a small modification making it a little less androgenic & estrogenic. But it has a long half-life (14 days) & can be detected up to one year after a last use.

Historically, most of the anabolic steroid pops in MLB have been for Winstrol - an oral compound extremely popular with T&F athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters, and has a short detection window.
Yeah, I found that interesting. Wonder if some dopers are just naive about what they’re actually taking and just go by whatever a trainer or teammate told them. They certainly seem much less aware of PED details than the denizens of this forum ;)

Yeah, I found that interesting. Wonder if some dopers are just naive about what they’re actually taking and just go by whatever a trainer or teammate told them. They certainly seem much less aware of PED details than the denizens of this forum ;)
You can buy SARMS now in the US and who knows what else, made in the US and shipped within the US. Don't need to go to Chinese suppliers or Joe Papp (had to throw that in there for bad humor, hope you're doing well, post once in a while).

Reactions: Sciatic
Nothing like doping up the teens to win medals -
https://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-sports/68570073
Banned Russian figure skater Kamila Valieva was given 56 medications, nutritional and dietary supplements, the Court of Arbitration for Sport has revealed.

They were given to Valieva over a two-year period from January 2020 to December 2021, when she was aged 13-15.

None of the substances are on the World Anti-Doping Agency's (Wada) banned list.

Valieva, 17, was given a four-year ban for doping by Cas in January.

She tested positive for banned heart medication trimetazidine in December 2021, shortly before competing in the 2022 Winter Olympics.

56 medications, nutritional and dietary supplements and that's without trimetazidine; is that something that a 13 year old should be taking?

Probably not as purely a child welfare safety issue, it's the kind of abuse of trust from coaches we often see in gymnastics too

but I dread to think if they surveyed the adults in some professional sports just how many medications & supplements they'd tally up, as its probably more than 56 if you break it down completely.

All perfectly legal of course but they're not existing on just bread & water.

N-vtelen.png

There is nothing on the list that hits my nerves. Especially if we're talking about two years of an elite athlete.

Reactions: Ripper
N-vtelen.png

There is nothing on the list that hits my nerves. Especially if we're talking about two years of an elite athlete.
I also would presume that some of these were used intermittently or sporadically as needed. It's always a bit shocking to look at everything an athlete might take over years ... she certainly has used a lot of different supplements (a few that I don't recognize and did not check)

This said, she doped too!

Reactions: Slavique Nuke