• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping in other sports?

Page 132 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is Tiger Woods a shady oligarch too, or do you just use it for entrepreneurs?
You seem to struggle to understand the meaning of words. In the modern sense, an oligarch is a person who uses his wealth to finance politicians, political parties, to shape opinion about political or social views through the (social) media he owns, and is effectively a kingmaker in politics. Thiel is a clear example of this. Tbh, I have no idea why you mention a random golfer.. I have no information that the guy is actively involved in political life

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
That's not the modern sense of the word, it's rather quite perverted and conspirational to cast all rich people who make political donations as by default shady. Are bankers another shadowy class of actors?
That’s quite a reductionism you’re employing. Slavique didn’t define it it as “rich people who make political donations” but rather as “a person who uses his wealth to finance politicians, political parties, to shape opinion about political or social views through the (social) media he owns, and is effectively a kingmaker in politics. “
That’s completely different.

That’s quite a reductionism you’re employing. Slavique didn’t define it it as “rich people who make political donations” but rather as “a person who uses his wealth to finance politicians, political parties, to shape opinion about political or social views through the (social) media he owns, and is effectively a kingmaker in politics. “
That’s completely different.
Which (social) media does Thiel currently own? How is Musk effectively a kingmaker in politics? Who are the "many" of the old Paypal team that the stated definition applies to?

If the usage is reductive, so will my interpretation of it be.

Which (social) media does Thiel currently own? How is Musk effectively a kingmaker in politics? Who are the "many" of the old Paypal team that the stated definition applies to?

If the usage is reductive, so will my interpretation of it be.
If we’re going to be that literal about terms we don’t have a king, so there’s no kingmaker. I think Musk is trying to be a Kingmaker—or better a King destroyer by 1st buying Twitter and now trying to allow free rein to misinformation. But I’ll get banned if I go further with the politics stuff.

Classic Kante bro :) nothing new about his performance today just look at 2018 WC
There is a reason why teammates always joke about the amount of lungs he has.
Alongside Varane he was the MVP of that 2018 team, despite all the hype about flashy Mbappe (Griezmann was probably also better than him and Giroud, who was still a workhorse back then, was as good as him, if you consider how much the team benefited from him).

Reactions: snipeheem
There is a reason why teammates always joke about the amount of lungs he has.
Alongside Varane he was the MVP of that 2018 team, despite all the hype about flashy Mbappe (Griezmann was probably also better than him and Giroud, who was still a workhorse back then, was as good as him, if you consider how much the team benefited from him).
Yep he was by far best player during 2018 WC

Reactions: Mayomaniac
its interesting reading alot of the press claiming the England team are unfit, either compared to other teams in this tournament, or where they themselves were a few years back I guess, as I remember possibly the last tournament they were in, there was some remarkable fitness recovery between matches.

but its the narrative that has shifted such that the ability to run through walls for 90mins repeatedly, is now seen as just normal fitness.

Toronto Blue Jays infielder Orelvis Martinez was suspended 80 games Sunday for violating Major League Baseball's performance-enhancing drug policy, just two days after his big league debut.

Martinez, 22, is the Blue Jays' top hitting prospect and was called up last week after shortstop Bo Bichette was placed on the injured list. Martinez tested positive for clomiphene, a fertility drug on the league's banned substance list.

In a statement, Martinez said he had spent the past two years trying to start a family with his girlfriend and was prescribed Rejun 50, a clomiphene tablet, over the winter after visiting a fertility clinic in his native Dominican Republic.
https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/...artinez-gets-80-game-ban-violating-ped-policy

Some of you might find this interesting.
Well, it's politicians, so while the subject matter, etc., may be accurate, I would suspect this is to undermine some other nations that have, ahem, recently courted controversy. Nothing like political hardball against the competition.

Of course, WADA Frucked this up completely. And of course, we all know that inhaling kitchen fumes and hanging out in hotels leads to accidental ingestion of specialized medical doping products on a regular basis.

I think the entire Canadian team should visit some children's hospitals, especially in bone marrow transplant areas, so they can accidently be boosted by EPO "fumes"