• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen March 4th-6th

The other 3 day stage race starting tomorrow.

7k Prologue instead of one of the road stages this year. Maybe someone can find profiles as I haven't seen any. Will the TT decide the race? Perhaps some nice Belgian (or Dutch) poster can give us some insight.

Prologue - Middelkerke 7k
Stage 1 - Brugge - Bellegem 174.9k
Stage 2 - Nieuwpoort - Ichtegem 195.5k

Website
Startlist
Ticker

Past Winners:
2010 Jens Keukeleire
2009 Johnny Hoogerland
2008 Bobbie Traskel
2007 Jimmy Casper
2006 Nico Eeckhout
2004 Robert Bartko
2003 Jaan Kirsipuu
2002 Erik Dekker
2001 Erik Dekker

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
proloog_kaart_plaatselijk.png

rit1_profiel.gif

rit2_profiel.gif

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys...this is a race I really like...I don't think the TT will decide anything...going to be fun!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
lol funniest profiles i've ever seen.what are those?i predict a lot of flat tires in this race.

This is the UCI's response to riders' safety concerns with no radios. Instead of showing hills/mtns, the stage profiles will now include all road furniture, etc. The bigger triangles mean train crossings. :p

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My pick for prologue will be:

Engoulvent ----> Already won the prologue in Ruta del Sol

tailormade for him... also this prologue looks pretty much like the one last year's in Volta a Portugal but that was 4 or 5km tho...

As always I will be looking out for the young talents.

The new Belgian cobble generation looks particular promising. Guillaume Van Keirsbulck, Julien Vermote and Jens Debusschere will have my primary focus. All three of them possesses solid TT skills as well, so, hopefully they will be off to a great start tomorrow.

Others :

Jan Ghyselinck was a Stijn Devolder clone as an espior, however, he seems to have stagnated a bit among the pros. Hopefully, he will show some of his class over the next couple of days.

I hope Barry Markus can grab a stage-win but it will be rather difficult. The level of competition is actually pretty deep. Last but not least, I hope Dylan Van Baarle kills it tomorrow and rides an excellent prologue.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
joy118118 said:
Jan Ghyselinck seems to be more mature than last year. Degenkolb is still a neo-pro...

Well, Renshaw is last to start the prologue with Degenkolb 2nd to last from HTC if that says anything.

If the cobbles are meaningful (I'm not sure they really are), then Degenkolb's finish at the Omloop suggests even as a neo-pro, he may be the best bet for HTC. If they're not... Renshaw is the better sprinter I guess.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
joy118118 said:
Jan Ghyselinck seems to be more mature than last year. Degenkolb is still a neo-pro...

seesm to me guy that become physically mature at an early age that's why he dominated the juniors so much. same can be said about guys like kreuziger, popovych, jurco. inhuman in juniors but already fullgrown by then.