• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dumoulin.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not really surprised. He put time trial mode up that climb, normal. Notice he didn't go berserk after the attackers, rather found his own pace like good time trialists do while going uphill. Still withing the realm of perfectly believable, for me at least.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
If Dumoulin is suspect then what is Astana. Another after rest day flyby shooting from Aru and Landa
I totally agree with you ! It smelled like blood. That's a good one for the Astana thread.
But Imo you shouldn't be posting on the clinic. You should be enjoy the metamorphosis of your fellow countryman by reviewing a replay of the stage. In fact I envy you: Rabo is back baby !

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
If Dumoulin is suspect then what is Astana. Another after rest day flyby shooting from Aru and Landa

This is about dumoulin DT. We all know Astana is juicing hard and we all said it but completely irrelevant here.

You said he was gonna crack big time, he didn't. So what now? You believe this cause he's dutch?

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

This is about dumoulin DT. We all know Astana is juicing hard and we all said it but completely irrelevant here.

You said he was gonna crack big time, he didn't. So what now? You believe this cause he's dutch?

D_T wrote previously in this thread that a win would be suspect

hrotha said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Come on, this is silly. There's an Astana thread, where you won't find many people defending them.

To be fair to DT, he's merely progressing onto stage 3 of the well documented by psychiatrists the world over "5 stages of accepting a rider you liked might dope".

Stage 1 - Outright Denial the rider dopes. "I know he is clean. Doped riders don't look like that. They don't ride like that. They don't talk like that."

Stage 2 - Anger aimed at those who suggest he might dope. "You *** ****er pseudoscientists sad people who live in their parents basements and are fat and can't do anything with your lives and post in the clinic which everyone knows is only for idiots etc"

Stage 3 - Bargaining - for the moral high ground, upon realization that you may not have been occupying it. Need to portray yourself as having been right all along by painting those who disagreed with you as having had false corrupt motivations. "You are all bitter ex Armstrong fans"

Stage 4- Depression - "The whole sport is doped. I don't want to watch it anymore".

Stage 5 - Acceptance. "I like the guy and reserve the right to cheer for him, but I'll be honest, he dopes, that's the world we live in, I don't believe in fairytales". At which point the poster becomes a respected sane member of the clinic.

Keep fighting DT. You'll get through them all soon enough. You are doing well. I know people who literally spent decades of their lives on stages 1 and 2. Or in the case of JRAnton, someone who bizzarely regressed from 3 years on Stage 5 all the way back to Stage 2.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
Not really surprised. He put time trial mode up that climb, normal. Notice he didn't go berserk after the attackers, rather found his own pace like good time trialists do while going uphill. Still withing the realm of perfectly believable, for me at least.

Nope. Then why has Canc, Martin et al not being TTing climbs to get on GC.........

Nope. Dumoulin just another doper. If he can get a good(or better) AICAR programme or similar going, GT wins around the corner.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

roundabout said:
Miburo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

D_T wrote previously in this thread that a win would be suspect

He seems to backtracking now, calling out astana instead of focusing on the guy this thread is dedicated to.

Benotti69 said:
BigMac said:

Nope. Then why has Canc, Martin et al not being TTing climbs to get on GC.........

Nope. Dumoulin just another doper. If he can get a good(or better) AICAR programme or similar going, GT wins around the corner.

We've seen Tony Martin time trial climbs before. Grand Ballon, Saas-Fee spring to mind. Cancellara Crans-Montana 2009 too, where the other also performed. This may sound far fetched but it happened, so in all honesty what Dumoulin did today is still not enough to convince me he's on the juice. I'm not in denial, mind.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I said a win would be suspect. Instead, he lost 1'30 to aru, about the same time he lost to Pinot in the TdSuisse on the Rettenbachferner. And a top form Pinot is not worse than Aru.

But then again Pinot isn't riding the Vuelta and Aru didn't ride Suisse.

BigMac said:
Benotti69 said:
BigMac said:

We've seen Tony Martin time trial climbs before. Grand Ballon, Saas-Fee spring to mind. Cancellara Crans-Montana 2009 too, where the other also performed. This may sound far fetched but it happened, so in all honesty what Dumoulin did today is still not enough to convince me he's on the juice. I'm not in denial, mind.

That one, was doped though.

Der Effe said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I said a win would be suspect. Instead, he lost 1'30 to aru, about the same time he lost to Pinot in the TdSuisse on the Rettenbachferner. And a top form Pinot is not worse than Aru.

But Rettenbachferner is a lot harder, as hard as Mortirolo. Todays finishing climb was easier, but the course before it harder. So it was about the same really.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
You set a ridiculously high standard for suspicion and he went below that, as he was obviously going to. Congratulations.

The kind of traingulations you're doing with Suisse are completely useless. You can justify virtually every performance that way.

Tyr

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

Der Effe said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

And the stage profile isn't remotely comparable.

hrotha said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
You set a ridiculously high standard for suspicion and he went below that, as he was obviously going to. Congratulations.

The kind of traingulations you're doing with Suisse are completely useless. You can justify virtually every performance that way.

That's sort of the point. You can't possibly point out to dope here without first assuming he was on it in Suisse. May be you do, but I didn't see uproar back then.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I like him but not sure what to think of this performance. Is this normal progression while continuing your old, assuming a mediocre, diet of substances, or starting with the big stuff? Atm I'm thinking the former.

I'm pretty sure he'll fade though. I think he might not even win the TT or win less time on the favorites as is suspected.
He won't last remembering the problems recovering from Tour de Suisse hence he wasn't 100% at national TT. Or at least that was the reason given.

Comparison with Rettenbachferner doesn't seem fair to me. This stage, and what has come before, was much tougher so this performance outclasses that one. Rettenbachferner isn't an indication of much anyway as he could have been on superfuel already.

It's clear that in peak form he can win any week long race with a tt in it. But winning this Vuelta, no way, not even superjuiced.

Hitch, what stage am I in?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
So Suisse is the same as the vuelta and the stages were similar in dificulty too? Ok sounds fair...lol

And oh yea DT you said in the other part of this forum that Dumoulind *** up his jacket thus he spended a lot of energy because of it as he said himself and we know you believe every word of him.

But why don't you use it in consideration for this part of the forum? Because that means he would have lost less time right?

And in Suisse he didn't destroy the best riders on a hill, that happened in this vuelta though.

TRENDING THREADS