• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dumoulin.

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
CPqIpjGWIAAxHcw.png:large

This is a nice breakdown of the relative performances.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

JackRabbitSlims said:
i've read that dennis had a mechanical, tom was poked after that insane effort in the vuelta and tony fell into a "mental hole" in the 2nd half of the course which he couldn't get out of....

"From the start and in the first eight kilometres I felt okay and that I had the power but when I entered the tailwind section I quickly lost my rhythm. It was too fast for me and I couldn’t handle the RPM and I didn’t expect this. Then on the uphill sections I couldn’t find my rhythm and I lost morale. I couldn’t get it back and it wasn’t my day. For the second half of the race it was more of a mental problem than a physical one."

wow, can't handle RPM, 58 not enough... what's the biggest normally available ring? Guy needs at least 62.

Re: Re:

doperhopper said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
i've read that dennis had a mechanical, tom was poked after that insane effort in the vuelta and tony fell into a "mental hole" in the 2nd half of the course which he couldn't get out of....

"From the start and in the first eight kilometres I felt okay and that I had the power but when I entered the tailwind section I quickly lost my rhythm. It was too fast for me and I couldn’t handle the RPM and I didn’t expect this. Then on the uphill sections I couldn’t find my rhythm and I lost morale. I couldn’t get it back and it wasn’t my day. For the second half of the race it was more of a mental problem than a physical one."

wow, can't handle RPM, 58 not enough... what's the biggest normally available ring? Guy needs at least 62.
It doesn't help that Martin has never been a spinner.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Dumoulin's gone too. Prima facie this seems rather less suspicious than Landa's 2002 tribute act, but the fact he lost 13 minutes the day after a rest day and indeed his bizarrely plummeting form seems to me to imply that he overcooked his program in the first week, probably to compete with Cancellara, and then paid the price for that later.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Cannibal72 said:
Dumoulin's gone too. Prima facie this seems rather less suspicious than Landa's 2002 tribute act, but the fact he lost 13 minutes the day after a rest day and indeed his bizarrely plummeting form seems to me to imply that he overcooked his program in the first week, probably to compete with Cancellara, and then paid the price for that later.
When you start from the assumption that a rider is doping and work backwards to try and rationalise it, virtually any turn of events can be construed as "proof" of doping.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
CheckMyPecs said:
Cannibal72 said:
When you start from the assumption that a rider is doping and work backwards to try and rationalise it, virtually any turn of events can be construed as "proof" of doping.

True, but I wasn't aiming to provide proof. I was taking it as read that the majority of people thought Dumoulin was doping and merely suggesting a possible train of events.

As cyclist's go, I do like Dumoulin as he has plenty of charisma. He does look to have lost a lot of weight in that photo, his lower body appears to have shrunk. Providing the photo is not deceptive, then logically you would expect him to lose some power for the TT's in an attempt to see out the climb's better. I expect he will go close in the giro given that he has made it his season's goal.

Re:

ontheroad said:
As cyclist's go, I do like Dumoulin as he has plenty of charisma. He does look to have lost a lot of weight in that photo, his lower body appears to have shrunk. Providing the photo is not deceptive, then logically you would expect him to lose some power for the TT's in an attempt to see out the climb's better. I expect he will go close in the giro given that he has made it his season's goal.
If he could get on the same program as Froome, LRP, Wiggo and all, then he could TT even faster than previously.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
pastronef said:
here is our Tom, thin and ready for the Giro

C-7T8mVWsAIquv8.jpg

Well he wouldn't be fat and ready for the Giro would he?

No, but that level of skinny is suspicious.

These riders are already at low body fat levels. To get to that extra level takes extra special methods.

Looks like Wiggins. Kenacort, Aicar, Gw150, HGH, EPO etc etc etc.......or he just lost the' inner fat' :lol:

Re:

Netserk said:
Given how he couldn't crack the top-10 in the T-A ITT and was beaten by Thomas, while obviously still being in good form, it seems like he indeed has lost some absolute power.

Yeah, I agree this is an interesting sign. Let's see how he tt's in the Giro. If he has indeed lost a certain amount of tt power due to weight loss, then it definitely goes against the Sky/Astana model.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
pastronef said:
here is our Tom, thin and ready for the Giro

C-7T8mVWsAIquv8.jpg

Well he wouldn't be fat and ready for the Giro would he?

No, but that level of skinny is suspicious.

These riders are already at low body fat levels. To get to that extra level takes extra special methods.

Looks like Wiggins. Kenacort, Aicar, Gw150, HGH, EPO etc etc etc.......or he just lost the' inner fat' :lol:

Yup. I always look at the area around the knee (seriously). When it gets concentration camp levels and the power is still abundant in the rider, well...

TRENDING THREADS