• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Dutch Beer Race) Amstel Gold Race 2021, 216.7k. Sunday.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick the winner.

• Pidcock / Kwiatkowski

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Bagioli / Vansevenant / Alaphilippe

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Schachmann / Schelling

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • van Aert / Roglic

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Valverde

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Hirschi

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fuglsang

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Hindsgaul Madsen

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • All these choices are ridiculous, I'm making my ballot invalid.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that Cofidis didn't bring Consonni. The guy finished 3rd (2nd in the bunch sprint) on a hilly Tour stage that the Kraghen won. He was also 3rd on the De Panne queenstage that Gilbert won before winning the RVV, the guy is good in a sprint after a hilly race. They didn't bring Laporte either, so no idea why they don't give him a chance to ride for himself. Last year he outperformed Viviani post-lockdown, you'd think that they'd trust him after those performances.

Reactions: Red Rick
A rare Dumoulin sighting
xxl.jpg

Seeing that, he should stay a civilian. He looks great in a leather jacket, same can't be said for a cycling kit. :flushed:

About the womens race, did Longo Borghini not working with Niewiadoma make any sense? I don't finish womens cycling that closely so I was wondering if I was missing some crucial aspect why she wouldn't cooperate, because otherwise that seemed incredibly stupid. She looked way fresher than Niewiadoma yet refused to take a single pull. Why on earth would you do that?

Reactions: Andy262
About the womens race, did Longo Borghini not working with Niewiadoma make any sense? I don't finish womens cycling that closely so I was wondering if I was missing some crucial aspect why she wouldn't cooperate, because otherwise that seemed incredibly stupid. She looked way fresher than Niewiadoma yet refused to take a single pull. Why on earth would you do that?
Elisa is one of the worst sprinters in the whole peloton, but I agree with you, weird tactics.

I think Libertine was very close to the truth.

Apparently Longo Borghini doesn't trust her sprint at all, because it's usually really bad and after many years she probably has a self-image of being a very, very bad sprinter... so that even in a situation where she would have a chance she doesn't believe in herself.

I think Libertine was very close to the truth.

Apparently Longo Borghini doesn't trust her sprint at all, because it's usually really bad and after many years she probably has a self-image of being a very, very bad sprinter... so that even in a situation where she would have a chance she doesn't believe in herself.

It's tactics from the team car - I watch all the women's races and there is no doubt the TREK director's adopt negative tactics, unless they clearly have the strongest rider.

TRENDING THREADS