• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Prijs Vlanderen-Harelbelke

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Heartbreaking for Pippo, Spartacus sits up and and starts to close but then Boonen puts the pressure on again.

For me, I think Boonen takes it. Seems to be the strongest and with only 3 of them Flecha and Canc would probably have to work together to shake him off.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I better spartacus takes this one.
Then Boonen beats flecha in the sprint for second.

I like Canc and Boonen both. And Flecha, but I don't think he has a chance.
Kinda hope Boonen wins his 5th.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
Heartbreaking for Pippo, Spartacus sits up and and starts to close but then Boonen puts the pressure on again.

For me, I think Boonen takes it. Seems to be the strongest and with only 3 of them Flecha and Canc would probably have to work together to shake him off.

He should get in the team car and save his mojo for tomorrow. Riding 30ks a full gas for 4th is an exercise in futility.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Neither Spartacus or Flecha will want it to come to a sprint. Attacks will happen. I think it will be a solo win.

Well yes, but with only 3 in the front group I think it will be easily covered, especially when Tommy B appears the strongest.

I dunno. Great race. Shame Pippo didn't make it.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Highlander said:
I don't know if this is just the coverage, but it looks like Flecha is at the back more than the other 2 and when he does take a pull, it seems to be shorter. I wonder if he's trying to save some energy to try something soon.

An attack might be his only chance... I'd be surprised if he doesn't make a move.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I was unsure whether Boom would be any good on the cobbles, But in his first attempt this year I'm rather impressed thus far.

I still think spartacus. Boonen looks so strong though, AGAIN i'll say it.. he will win RVV

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
Cancellara has been on the wrong end motor pacing himself though, Particularly when Contador beat him in an ITT at the TDF .

Yeah i wasn't trying to imply a conspiracy, it was just quite obvious in one section that the front group had 2 motos to choose from for 20 seconds or so as they were trying to pull away. I'm sure it evens out in the end..

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Rabo refusing to give up.

So, predictions?

I say Boonen in a sprint between the 3. Rabobank not to get within 30 seconds. Obvious option I know.

TRENDING THREADS