• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

janraaskalt2 said:
Ruudz0r said:
Woods broke his hand in LBL crash, so guess thats Giro gone :(
Villella is also in doubt for the Giro due to an ongoing knee problem.
That sucks, Villella was a huge talent, his 2013 season was really impressive and one of the most interesting prospects around.

Re: Cannondale Pro Cycling

And what happened to Talansky? Even on a training ride he shouldn't lose that much time. He had ridden before the weather collapsed.

Moser's form makes you wonder once again why was he omitted for Ardennes.

I have a feeling it will be a typical race for Cannondale. Uran will be outside of the top10, Formolo will finish one mountain stage well and he will lose time in another and Talansky will DNF.

So frustrating to like this team. :(

To think they were winning a monument or GT every year between 2011 and 2014...

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Dombrowski also finished with the same time as Rolland and Navardauskas. The weather played a big role, but it looks like the Giro team is hitting peak shape at the right moment, the long ITT should really suit Moreno Moser.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:
With the current shape Moreno has a shot at the Maglia Rosa in the first prologue.
The climb helped his result today, to beat Canc, Küng, Dowsett, Dumoulin etc. in two weeks he needs favourable weather again.

Anderis said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Any reason? Perhaps not being invited?
I don't think that is the case? There are many continental races with just 2, 3, 4 WT teams, surely organisers would welcome Cannondale in most of these races if they wanted to participate? :confused:

Rolland said in recent interview that his approach has changed at Cannondale to race less and train more. Maybe that's the general method they've implemented for this year? Doesn't seem to work well for most riders anyway.

It's interesting, that most of the bright points of the team this year are riders who've joined this year. If the rest of the team performed like that compared to their actual potential, the results would look much better IMO. It seems that they've screwed something training-wise in 2015 and now they're struggling to recover, but riders hired for 2016 are doing fine.

So far this season they actually have more race days than the past few years (86 now, 82 in 2015, 83 in 2014).

This month they missed Trentino and Circuit de la Sarthe, which they did last year. But in February and March they added Vuelta Valenciana, West Vlaanderen and De Panne. So 12 days more in those months.

From Uran, Villella, Moser, Formolo, Dombrowski, Cardoso this month Moser has done Indurain and Villella & Cardoso did Pais Vasco. I saw that Dombrowski was in Tenerife and on the Bonette this month so I guess that's where they have all been.

luckyboy said:
So far this season they actually have more race days than the past few years (86 now, 82 in 2015, 83 in 2014).
They have 10% riders more in the roster than last year, so to match last year day per rider ratio they would need to be on 90 days right now.

But I would rather compare them to other teams than to themselves few years ago. And the fact is that they are significantly below WT average where it comes to race days per rider ratio.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
Great interview with Dombroski, Boswell & Warbass on the cyclingpodcast.com.....friends subscribers only
Especially when they talk about an athletes numbers and Dombroski has some of the highest numbers ever
Could you please elaborate?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
joe won't even crack the top 20 imo. i gave up absolutely any hope for him. seems like cycling is for him more like an adventure (like for most young americans) and not do anything what it takes to win. sad. or not.
I have some hope for him when it comes to stagehunting in the high mountains at the Giro and he was able to win Utah last year. It's kinda sad, the guy used to be Aru's daddy on every single proper mountain stage and his win on the Gavia was something special.

CheckMyPecs said:
HelloDolly said:
Great interview with Dombroski, Boswell & Warbass on the cyclingpodcast.com.....friends subscribers only
Especially when they talk about an athletes numbers and Dombroski has some of the highest numbers ever

VO2 max, etc..All I know is that they were discussing how his numbers are so good.Ian Boswell & Larry Warbass etc were saying he could win the Giro one day ...
SKY signed him because his potential is amasing on paper but he found riding in the peloton very hard
Plus did not fit in to the structure at SKY

HelloDolly said:
CheckMyPecs said:
HelloDolly said:

VO2 max, etc..All I know is that they were discussing how his numbers are so good.Ian Boswell & Larry Warbass etc were saying he could win the Giro one day ...
SKY signed him because his potential is amasing on paper but he found riding in the peloton very hard
Plus did not fit in to the structure at SKY

He was incredibly unhappy at Sky. They're a really impressive team, but obviously aren't for everyone. On the contrary, Boswell seems to love it there.

Re:

jens_attacks said:
joe won't even crack the top 20 imo. i gave up absolutely any hope for him. seems like cycling is for him more like an adventure (like for most young americans) and not do anything what it takes to win. sad. or not.
That's pretty spot on. Phinney also seems to have that mentality of taking it as a journey instead of a way of winning big races.

Latest posts