• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I hoped Powless would finish inside top15 in this Tour to secure some UCI points for the team (I had the same hopes for Uran until a few days ago) but he was a tad weaker today than I had hoped.

I had similar hopes, but realistically, it was always a stretch to think Powless could top ten (or even 15) by riding with the favorites. Uran not being on form hurts for points. As far as Powless goes, I think now, top 15 is still realistic if he gets in the right break- and now he has a chance to win a stage- something I think he is far better suited to.

I had similar hopes, but realistically, it was always a stretch to think Powless could top ten (or even 15) by riding with the favorites.
I don't think it was that much of a stretch. He's been a rider who's made a lot of progress over the last 2 years and he's always had some climbing inclinations so it was difficult to tell where his ceiling was. My optimistic scenario was around 9th/10th place, a realistic one around 15th place. It's still not out of the question but it will be difficult.

Reactions: Sandisfan
So they field such a quality team to a race with rather average startlist like Circuito de Getxo and their best rider finishes 25th... People were calling for the team to ride more smaller races in order to secure UCI points but if it's going to look like that, it may actually be more detrimental for the team if guys like Bettiol or Cort cook themselves in these small races after such a hard Tour de France instead of saving legs for some good Autumn performances.
This team has become a mess in such a short time. Where has all the performance from 2019-2020 gone?

If someone had told me 2-3 year ago that Guerreiro would end up being EF's possibly best and most consistent climber, that would have surprised me very much.

On one side, kudos to him for improving his climbing but on another it shows the team is not in a great place because it's more of everyone else being fairly average and inconsistent than Guerreiro being that great.

• Wow
any idea if Guerreiro will really do the Deutschland Tour instead of the Vuelta?

And will Chaves manage to disappear from a GT startlist for the 3rd time this year? :D

For Feltet.dk, I certainly hope not. For some reason, he is the poster boy for their fantasy game alongside Roglic, Alaphilippe, Mas and Quintana.

I hope someone somehow managed to mistake him for João Almeida, as he also has Almeida in his name, otherwise it's beyond random.

Bettiol has been withdrawn from the Tour of Denmark startlist, which has a good route for him and he could score valuable points for the team.

Is his health OK?

I have to think they have given leadership for this race to Magnus Cort? Route suits him as well and he will be a hometown favorite. That is not to say it wouldn’t make sense to bring Bettiol as well, but as he and Cort are two of their only riders not riding the Vuelta that can score points, maybe EF has decided to send them on different programs?

That is not to say it wouldn’t make sense to bring Bettiol as well, but as he and Cort are two of their only riders not riding the Vuelta that can score points, maybe EF has decided to send them on different programs?
But that doesn't make much sense if you look deeper into it.

The only real alternative for Bettiol among the races EF are going to participate in the near future would be Deutschland Tour. But if you send Bettiol to Deutschland Tour, he then cannot ride Bretagne Classic, which would be a big waste.

It only makes sense if they think Bettiol will be more competitive in the Autumn classics if he has some training/rest instead of racing now but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with what program Cort is on.

• Wow
A thread for discussing news about the Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team.

They've had a lacklustre start to the 2016 season, but Slagter (Tour du Haut Var) and Clarke (GP Industria & Artigianato di Larciano) picked up a couple of wins for the team.

haut_var_568912578_670.jpg

2016-larciano-finish-clarke-simon.jpg
What do you think about Nathan's decision to leave Cannondale-Drapac?
• It makes sense, he is still very young and has plenty of time to go for GC in the future.
• I'm sad to see him go and I'm worried about the future of Cannondale-Drapac.
• It was obvious he would leave at some point, it was just a matter of time.
• He's crazy if he thinks he can win a Grand Tour in the near future.

TRENDING THREADS