• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 96 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I suppose it boils down to regions.
The Great Amazing Cheese Race, which was supposed to have been held just two days after P-R has sadly - but understandably - already been cancelled/postponed. However, Roue Tourangelle this Sunday appears to be on, so do Grand Besancon (16th) and Tour du Jura (17th)

This is exactly my point - It's the local authorities who don't wish to hold PR - It's not a central Government or central health authority decision.

Highs in the low 40s, 70% chance of rain and wind gusts up to 15MPH.

Assuming you're using Fahrenheit, coz otherwise that would be some insanely high temperatures for early April!

Well, if the situation is better where Tourangelle, Besancon, and Jura are being held... (not necessarily the same place).

And now it looks like Besancon and Jura has been called off.

• Sad
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
At this stage my post about theTDU is ringing true - The Aussie Government will need to reduce their quarantine requirements or there will be no TDU, and it may even get to the stage where the UCI takes away the World's for September 22.

Last edited:
Arguably belongs here

Österreich-Rundfahrt cancelled this year as well at least in part due to additional Covid costs and uncertainties