• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am quite surprised by the vaccine rates of Japan (11%). the more developed countries are ~ 40%. Considering the Olympics is coming, i suspect that there will be a fifth wave during the Olympics. Greed and Sloth right there.

Simply, Japan would not give emergency exemptions for vaccines - They foolishly decided to run their own clinical trials which resulted in them losing around 3 months - They are to blame.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Cyclingnews has chosen to publish an article that blames Fuglsang's current condition on the Covid vaccine...sure, they changed their headline a bit, but still doesn't alter the fact that there is 0 scientific proof of the assertion. With the ongoing difficulties to get people to vaccinate, this article plays into the hysteria regarding the vaccine. Please don't listen to the ignorance that the vaccine is dangerous. It's 99.99% more dangerous to not get vaccinated.

Reactions: spalco
Unfortunately, Cyclingnews has chosen to publish an article that blames Fuglsang's current condition on the Covid vaccine...sure, they changed their headline a bit, but still doesn't alter the fact that there is 0 scientific proof of the assertion. With the ongoing difficulties to get people to vaccinate, this article plays into the hysteria regarding the vaccine. Please don't listen to the ignorance that the vaccine is dangerous. It's 99.99% more dangerous to not get vaccinated.

It can't be denied that some people get a bit sick after getting the vaccine.

I hope there's no more positives beyond today's news, but I'm not optimistic with the 10s of thousands of people descending on Tokyo and surrounds.

Fingers crossed for the bike races, bad luck for Martinez.

Reactions: BlueRoads

I hope there's no more positives beyond today's news, but I'm not optimistic with the 10s of thousands of people descending on Tokyo and surrounds.

Fingers crossed for the bike races, bad luck for Martinez.

From an epidemiological perspective these games are crazy.

Sporting events have been held for the last 12 months following COVID protocols - These events would not happen if there are too many issues - Martinez is a false positive - He got infected after the Giro but you can still test positive for three months - In many cases a Martinez case has been given the all clear.

Reactions: dusty red roads

TRENDING THREADS