• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eki frustrated by AC's comments

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Oh dear, you folks have got me in a ban-hunting mood again. Such a shame the blatantly clear descriptions of the different forums doesn't seem sink in.

So, to clear it up: This thread is not in The Clinic and from here on anyone to mention doping, doping practices, imply someone is doping etc. will face a ban from the forum.

This is very simple guys. There's a place to talk about this stuff - if that's your thing, go there and do it.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
gree0232 said:
Now, put yourself in the shoes of a sports doctor. A guy like Lance comes in and says, "I would like help to get even stronger." You can analyze that patient, already a GT winner, and find way to improve him without ever having to mention doping. A good result is just another Tour win.

A guy like Simeoni comes in and says, "I want to be the greatest rider in Italy!" Given the base, a doctor of questionable ethics may deduce very quickly that only very powerful dope will get this particular dope on a podium any time soon.

It is entirely possible that Ferrari had two very different relationships with two very different athletes.

Incidentally, if you would like to discuss Lance's doping, please go here:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=2477&page=3

Your situation describing Ferrari's client relationships makes ridiculous assumptions. I cant be bothered responding to reasoning like that but suffice to say if you wish to continue it to its logical conclusion you would have to say that everyone is doping.

I agree that this debate shouldn’t have gone here.

BTW I'm sick of this 'Haters' talk. I am a fan of cycling and dislike things that I think are bringing cycling down I happen to be bored of Lance I don’t hate him, I don’t know him, only the Lance Brand.

gree0232 said:
Yes, yes, I actually like Lance. I understand that I am thus a flawed human being. Honestly, if you don't like it, don't read it. No one is forcing you to be here, but I will remind you that there is a code of conduct on this forum.

Your ridiculous rationalization of why somone would see Dr. Ferrari is what is stupid. It is out loud laughable. Ferrari is a scumbag through and through. Not just with the professional athletes that pay him to provide doping advice, but he helps others cheat in ways that have nothing to do with doping. In 1999 his daughter was disqualified from a triathlon when she was observed being pushed along on the bike by another rider. The rider doing the pushing turned out to be Dr. Ferrari wearing a fake race number.

Richard Virenque said it best when he said that working with Dr. Ferrari would make it so obvious to everyone that he was doping that it would be like sticking a saucepan up his backside.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Your ridiculous rationalization of why somone would see Dr. Ferrari is what is stupid. It is out loud laughable. Ferrari is a scumbag through and through. Not just with the professional athletes that pay him to provide doping advice, but he helps others cheat in ways that have nothing to do with doping. In 1999 his daughter was disqualified from a triathlon when she was observed being pushed along on the bike by another rider. The rider doing the pushing turned out to be Dr. Ferrari wearing a fake race number.

Richard Virenque said it best when he said that working with Dr. Ferrari would make it so obvious to everyone that he was doping that it would be like sticking a saucepan up his backside.

Are you trying to tempt me BroDeal?

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The Falcon said:
i think Eki is more frustrated by his tenous grasp of the english language....have a look at the blokes twitter :D

i have been reading it, itś quite amusing his arguments with other twitter users, I hope he continues.

I like this one

¨@rhibran i am not agree,he has the all team untill the last day¨

Carboncrank

BANNED
Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Oh dear, you folks have got me in a ban-hunting mood again. Such a shame the blatantly clear descriptions of the different forums doesn't seem sink in.

So, to clear it up: This thread is not in The Clinic and from here on anyone to mention doping, doping practices, imply someone is doping etc. will face a ban from the forum.

This is very simple guys. There's a place to talk about this stuff - if that's your thing, go there and do it.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

I hope this is not "off with their heads" rule.
Individual warnings first would seem appropriate.
Are you under the impression that it's easy to not make any referenced at all.
I can show you a case from tonight that was one item in a list of other things related to the actions and practices of L'Equipe. One poster pounced on that one line and ... you're right.. it got out of hand.
it really is hard sometimes.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
So i guess my post was deleted before I could edit out the D word.

Lucky I copy and paste from MS Word because my spelling is so bad.

@ gree2032 Your situation describing Ferrari's client relationships makes ridiculous assumptions. I cant be bothered responding to reasoning like that but suffice to say if you wish to continue it to its logical conclusion the result would not be to your liking.

I agree that this debate shouldn’t have gone here.

BTW I'm sick of this 'Haters' talk. I am a fan of cycling and dislike things that I think are bringing cycling down I happen to be bored of Lance I don’t hate him, I don’t know him, only the Lance Brand.

Carboncrank

BANNED
Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Dr. Ferrari, like Lance Armstrong, stands convicted of no crime.

kinda makes you squirm doesn't it?

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Carboncrank said:
I hope this is not "off with their heads" rule.
Individual warnings first would seem appropriate.

The only warning you should need is signposted at the door on entry. If that fails, you get a group warning to curb the discussion. After that, if you've already had an infraction for similar behavior in the past, you get some time on the bench (a temp ban).

Hopefully that helps people see the light. Failing it, there's other options, but we've provided two very clear areas to discuss two very different aspects of the sport. Lets keep it that way.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

P.S. Look what I found:
jackhammer.gif

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Lets see if this post gets deleted?

Mod's. Please if my posts are being deleted can I please have an explanation of why this is happening?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Thank you. Hard to believe people can't read the forum titles.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Is that Jackhammer111?

This was the intention of the image.

BroDeal said:
Is this a subtle way of telling us you will bring Jack back and let him hunt us down for disobeying the rules?

I can assure you that's not the intention (presume you haven't noticed the 'banned' under the username now).

Thanks
Greg Johnson

Digger said:
It's called Omerta.

Yes and thank you ScottSocal, Carboncrank and whoever else for explaining how they support ometra. It is strange but nobody knew who Simeoni was until Lance chased him down, ie Lance made him famous by his actions and yes there was a break he was bridging up the road so he was not showboating, he was trying to win a Tour stage, imagine the cheek of a cyclist trying to win a Tour stage. Please have facts correct before shouting somebody down.

On Ekimovs comments, made by a close friend of Lance so irrelevant, I want to hear about Zubeldias comments.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
That was posted before seeing your previous message.

You should extend your "dope talk" definition to include saying or implying that athletes must be clean because that causes just as much of the problem as members saying the opposite.

Excellent point, and one I am sure no infractions have been incurred for making a "clean" statement.

I am still trying to figure out how I got a doping infraction for this:

Dear Thoughtforfood,

You have received an infraction at CyclingNews Forum.

Reason: Doping violation
-------
That's it. If you cannot be civil to your fellow forumites you will lose your privilege to post.
-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=59079
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourwelcome View Post
yourwelcome said:
I'd love to know what LA did to the little club of obsessive haters in this forum... he can't have had time to backdoor all of you ]
Thoughtforfood said:
I'm sure a fanboy like you wants a video of is so you can burn through that new jar of lube.
All the best,
CyclingNews Forum
Forward Message

I think what does and does not constitute a doping infraction needs to be clarified. Maybe you guys need another organization like the WADA to come in and spell things out? I mean, I can see where you would applaud me for being scathingly funny, but a doping post? Unless "lube" means something there that it doesn't here, I am not sure what happened? Maybe they don't have a "Masturbation Violation" so they lumped it into another category? I personally would laugh my a s s off if I got an email for a "Masturbation violation." In fact, it is a good thing you don't have one because then I would probably do everything I could to get a "Masturbation violation" and lets fact it, that could get UGLY.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
gree0232 said:
So, for the record, now we are talking about Simeoni's incident with Lance and how stupid Lance supporters are, apparently the stupidest ever, on a thread about Eki's comments?

Exactly what is the debate?

It appears your comprehension skills are limited.

The reason we are talking about Simeoni in a thread about Eki is that when Armstrong chased down Simeoni, Eki was the first to welcome him back to the peloton by spitting on him. Eki has proven that he is more then willing to make a fool of himself when to "Protect" Armstrong when he acts like an A$$. His twitter is yet more evidence of this.

A

Anonymous

Eva Maria said:
It appears your comprehension skills are limited.

The reason we are talking about Simeoni in a thread about Eki is that when Armstrong chased down Simeoni, Eki was the first to welcome him back to the peloton by spitting on him. Eki has proven that he is more then willing to make a fool of himself when to "Protect" Armstrong when he acts like an A$$. His twitter is yet more evidence of this.

Here we go again with this "inside the peleton" knowledge.

I seem to recall (hopefully my memory is correct) Cipollini being none too happy with Simeoni on that stage too. Would that put him in the great LA conspiracy as well?

Is there any remote possibility that Eki is a reasonable guy who twitted something that he felt to be true or are you so far into your hatred for LA that you have never entertained that possibility?

Feel free to respond without an insult unless that's too much to ask.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Here we go again with this "inside the peleton" knowledge.

I seem to recall (hopefully my memory is correct) Cipollini being none too happy with Simeoni on that stage too. Would that put him in the great LA conspiracy as well?

Is there any remote possibility that Eki is a reasonable guy who twitted something that he felt to be true or are you so far into your hatred for LA that you have never entertained that possibility?

Feel free to respond without an insult unless that's too much to ask.

There were many in the peloton who supported Simeoni. Of course there are reasons why riders would want Simeoni silenced, but we cannot discuss those on this forum.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Eva Maria said:
There were many in the peloton who supported Simeoni. Of course there are reasons why riders would want Simeoni silenced, but we cannot discuss those on this forum.

Yes, like his incessant ranting, and overly emotional prattle prior to this years Giro, and adding into the hysterics with theatrical performances involving the Italian National Jersey was a touch of pure class. I am pretty certain that Simeoni burned more than a few bridges quite on his own with the benefit of a vast, imperial conspiracy with Lance at helm:)

He certainly earned the ire of the Giro's director.

Also, for the record, Simeoni and Darth Armstrong sortta buried the hatchet in the run up Giro. Go figure.

TRENDING THREADS